Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 993 HiFi Speaker Grills, Enclosures - Targa Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
snolan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1998 Targa (911/993) and I thought it was just the stock cd receiver (Porsche CDR-210) with a pair of 4x6 rectangle grills on the back deck (flat, with oval speaker inside) and the front door speakers look just like e3photo's picture above (1.5" tiny tweeter high on the door, 3.25" grill and 5.75" grill on a triangular area with rounded corners and no lower pocket at all).

Does that mean I have a "Premium Sound" system?

I am planning on dropping in a Pioneer 6200BT head unit (for MP3 CDs, iPhone/iPod) and need to replace the speakers but am having a hard time figuring out which speakers will match without drilling new holes or messing up the stock appearance.

The folks at Crutchfield have been pretty helpful, but Targa is not in their lexicon.

I am also curious if anyone has figured out where to put a small display for a backup camera.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

For the rears, I just replaced the stock speakers with some Polk plates...worked great, fit into the existing holes. Have Focals in the front doors.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-01-2022, 10:41 PM
emac911
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a cabriolet and wanted to keep as close to stock as possible and keep stock grills. I used Infinity Primus in the front and re-foamed the OEM rears. The rear cabriolet speakers were a unique size and I couldnt find any to fit. For a few dollars I ordered some foam and got them back making noise. I am not too picky when it comes to music

Last edited by emac911; 06-01-2022 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:30 PM
Newbiewan
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Alex. I recently completed a conversion to Hi-Fi Option, but abandoned the Nokia hi-fi enclosures when I decided to go with larger speakers and did not want to modify the enclosure. https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...inted-pod.html

If you do something similar it would save you the hassle of tracking down the enclosures. Note you will need to buy some hardware and some plastic inserts for the door to complete the conversion if you plan to use the hifi Nokia enclosure.

Enjoy the upgrade!

Quick Reply: WTB 993 HiFi Speaker Grills, Enclosures - Targa Upgrade