Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow pics from the Blizzard of 2010. East coasters - got snow pics yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by spts
New guy chiming in...
I just bought my 96 C4s and it's been marinating in the garage for the past month. I really can't wait for spring!
Welcome and nice car. There's a gentleman that lives in your hood who is forever having fun runs out of the Milestone shopping center. The info' is usually posted on 6speed...

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Steve,
You'll treat the car better if you hook up a battery maintainer and let it sit. Much has been written about starting our cars in the Winter and letting them idle...

Andreas
True dat...

Slowly melting, but not for long...

Last edited by TRINITONY; 02-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts
Default HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...l?hpid=topnews

Ugh: New storm warning issued

Federal government closed Tuesday; 16" of snow possible
A Winter Storm Warning has been issued from Tuesday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon.

The National Weather Service says accumulations of 10 to 20 inches of snow are possible.

ABC 7 Chief Meteorologist Doug Hill says it'll be a major snowstorm -- but not to the level of the recent blizzard.

"The 20 inches will be restricted to areas north and east of the metro area. Especially up the I-95 corridor -- Laurel, Beltsville, the closer you get to Howard County and up to Baltimore. The heaviest of the snow will be northeast of Baltimore," Hill says.

Areas to the south could see a mix of rain and snow.

There won't be as much snow in the forecast, but the winds could create a problem.

"One thing that will be different is the winds will be much stronger, so we'll see more drifting and blowing of the snow," Hill says.

Melting will resume when temperatures reach the mid-upper 30s on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with sunny skies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...l?hpid=topnews

Ugh: New storm warning issued

Federal government closed Tuesday; 16" of snow possible
A Winter Storm Warning has been issued from Tuesday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon.

The National Weather Service says accumulations of 10 to 20 inches of snow are possible.

ABC 7 Chief Meteorologist Doug Hill says it'll be a major snowstorm -- but not to the level of the recent blizzard.

"The 20 inches will be restricted to areas north and east of the metro area. Especially up the I-95 corridor -- Laurel, Beltsville, the closer you get to Howard County and up to Baltimore. The heaviest of the snow will be northeast of Baltimore," Hill says.

Areas to the south could see a mix of rain and snow.

There won't be as much snow in the forecast, but the winds could create a problem.

"One thing that will be different is the winds will be much stronger, so we'll see more drifting and blowing of the snow," Hill says.

Melting will resume when temperatures reach the mid-upper 30s on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with sunny skies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I laughed at my sister when she moved to Miami 12 years ago. She got the last laugh... she hates snow. I was going to say we'll have yet another round of snow pics from 2010, but I think I'm all pictured out on taking pics of the snow storms for this season.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We've been having some bad weather here in San Diego, too.

Here's a pic a friend snapped of some storm damage at his house.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 AM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic a friend snapped of some storm damage at his house.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
95cab
Instructor

I grew up in Central New York, where 6" of snow wasn't enough for school to be delayed, let alone cancelled, but the pics here are truly awesome. For those of you who like it - enjoy! For those of you who don't - move, because it looks like more is headed your way!! In the meantime, southern VT needs snow so it's painful to watch the snow going south every storm...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
jungleboy
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motobob
Waiting on it to melt....

Great Pic!!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

That should be next year's Christmas card!!!
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM
jungleboy
Pro

^^ Absolutely
Old 02-09-2010, 09:30 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993BillW
I don't know what it is about it that they like so much. My first 2 GS's I had to practically lock in the back yard when I washed the cars. My current GS female doesn't mess with the hose but get out the leaf blower and she goes nuts.
Good looking dogs. Only one fo the current ones is truly obsessed, the other one only reacts to living things that move.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 95cab
I grew up in Central New York, where 6" of snow wasn't enough for school to be delayed, let alone cancelled, but the pics here are truly awesome. For those of you who like it - enjoy! For those of you who don't - move, because it looks like more is headed your way!! In the meantime, southern VT needs snow so it's painful to watch the snow going south every storm...
Anyone know the latest conditions in Vancouver for the Winter Olympics? Last I heard they were needing a good bit of snow.

We started getting a pretty heavy snow again last night about 8PM, had turned to half/half rain/snow when I went to bed. This AM it's still mostly rain but some snow. I suspect this is the same system heading up to the DC area.

Best of luck guys. Too much of a good thing.....

Edit: now it's back to snow, and pretty heavy at that.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
bobesser
Pro

Just drove to work in my C2 at near RS ride height. Snow tires helped. I did get to see someone loose control and go into a snow bank on 295 south.

Bob
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
Andreas, did your wife see you throw the cat in the snow?
It looks like you have a beautiful house, those photos are great. How much property?
Bill,
Yes she did.

It's a 1973 Deck House on one acre:

Andreas
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Denise993
Pro

I made it to the office today in downtown DC ... what a mess!

I just got an email that one of my co-workers lost his house in Great Falls VA (20 miles west of here) to a fire. The fire trucks couldn't get through the snow to save it. He and the wife are OK, they lost a cat and bird, but their horses were in a nearby barn that was untouched.

I'm done complaining... things could be worse!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by Denise993

I just got an email that one of my co-workers lost his house in Great Falls VA (20 miles west of here) to a fire. The fire trucks couldn't get through the snow to save it. He and the wife are OK, they lost a cat and bird, but their horses were in a nearby barn that was untouched.

I'm done complaining... things could be worse!
And we thought We had problems! Sorry to hear about your co-worker. That really puts things in perspective for me about "what's bad".

Well, it's really coming down right now (more snow). I can't imagine having 40-45 mph winds tomorrow as it's so calm and lovely with the snow falling but I'm sure the forecasters are right.

This time lapse photography of our DC winter storm is pretty cool. That tree is a goner.
http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=5010205

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 02-10-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Snow pics from the Blizzard of 2010. East coasters - got snow pics yet?