993 Forum 1995-1998

Monterey Historics 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

@FGL28

Thanks for the detailed agenda,, that will be of great help.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 269 Posts

anyone else registered for the "Legends of the Autobahn" concours/show?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nurburger
anyone else registered for the "Legends of the Autobahn" concours/show?
Flying in and driving a rental, so . . . was thinking of stopping by, but still finalizing what to do when during Monterey week. Locked in for PB and Historics @ LS, and RL gathering @ ? on Friday?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Olav A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thursday there is a great get together of car enthusiasts at Baha Cantina in Carmel Valley. Lots of interesting cars show up there. It's right beside Quail Lodge.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Olav A.
Thursday there is a great get together of car enthusiasts at Baha Cantina in Carmel Valley. Lots of interesting cars show up there. It's right beside Quail Lodge.
What time is the get together on Thurs?

TIA.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mo
What time is the get together on Thurs?

TIA.
I usually get there about 3:00 p.m. just to get a spot to park.

Cars start rolling in about 4:00 p.m.

Then the party goes on till late.

Here's a video of last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZDV2xhTG8

Last edited by Olav A.; 07-29-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please post where the RL gathering will be. I am trying to decide which day to drive up there and wouldn't want to miss that.
I can't afford to attend all the shows/auctions but I will be at the races so I am looking for free events to attend outside the gates. The Baha Cantina looks like fun!
Are there any organized or semi-organized drives scheduled? There are so many great places to drive to nearby, it would be fun to get a string of cars together.
- Peter
Old 08-01-2010, 11:18 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Lightbulb Fri, 7 PM @ Tarpy's Roadhouse patio

Originally Posted by chaoscreature

Please post where the RL gathering will be. I am trying to decide which day to drive up there and wouldn't want to miss that.
^^ Peter D. & all-- I haven't heard any other specifics ... time to get a plan in motion.
I'm just getting this rolling; no worries / ego involved if someone has more popular idea than the following, but be definitive & take action for planning.

Propose:
Tarpy's Roadhouse. Fri 7 PM, on front patio. IIRC, it's conveniently just west of the Laguna Seca Golf Ranch, where some RLers' 993s will be released no earlier than 5 PM from the Concorso Italiano. Like last year: Cold ones at the bar for early arrivals

I just e-mailed Tarpy's Maitre D' & my Pelican Parts pal who helped last time: guesstimate reservation for party of ~10. Let me know -- post here if attending.

Last year's consensus: great grub, drinks, service, & atmosphere. Reasonable prices & patio view of cars. Popular place, so parking can take patience.
Overall: "2 mugs up"
Originally Posted by RJT

we sure did have fun meeting up with quite a few of you last year.

Jager ~~~ So would you be there on Friday night?

Now I REALLY want to go.....
Originally Posted by curve lover

...& I REALLY want to catch up with you, Robert, & all your amigos; which is EVERYBODY!

So, YES to Fri PM - exactly what I was thinking: last year's was a terrific time. DCDude's "bachelor party" was a blast, & Pelican Parts Forum friends made it fun.

I really loved the ability to sit on Tarpy's front porch & watch the cool cars pull up!

Last year's get-together blurb, from the "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc." thread:
Tarpy's Roadhouse. Should be perfect to check out the p-cars in the p-king lot, meet folks, grab grub & brews.

I have a reservation for ten folks for dinner @ 7:15 PM. Under my name, Jäger. Patio open.

Tarpy's Roadhouse; 831-647-1444; 2999 Monterey Salinas Hwy; Monterey, CA 93940

5 minutes from track to cold brews.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Default Pebble Beach - Facebook Event?

So how many Rennlisters also have Facebook accounts? I wonder if multiple Facebook events would be a good way for us all to connect up at the various events while at Monterey?

I'd be willing to create some private events, that would require I send interested Rennlisters an email invite to join the Facebook event(s).

Once you have access to the Facebook event we can all post notes, status, "what we are doing" in near realtime so connection can be made in interested.

Thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Facebook is fine with me and/or email blasts. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by mo

email blasts.
Similar, but prefer RL private messages. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz

Locked in for RL gathering @ Tarpy's on Friday
Kevin-- ^^If that sounds good, how many attending?
Some Pelican Part Forum members have RSVPed

- Fri all day @ Concorso Italiano OR Legends of the Autobahn (includes Porsche Club this year) ... help me decide
^^ Excerpt from my tentative schedule, posted last week on Hound Dog's "Submit Photos for 2010 Calendar - Information Here!" sticky thread.

Thoughts on which show Speedy should be at Fri? I haven't attended Concorso or Legends before. TIA.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am still low tech and wont be able to check any internet stuff once I leave the house...
How late do you guys think you will be at Tarpy's? I have a dinner event that I just can't miss.
I am staying in Carmel and always end up at the Hogs Breath and/or Jack Londons before heading off to bed.
I just got my CV joints reassembled, changed the oil, replaced the plug wires, and did a bit of detailing for this coming week. I can't wait!!!
Who here is going to the Corral at Laguna Seca? I am looking for a pass for Friday and/or Saturday if anyone has any extras. I was being cheap and didn't pay the $55 for the PCA passes...
- Peter
Old 08-09-2010, 12:58 AM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Planning on going to the Reunion Races at Laguna Seca on Sunday, my only time available. Anyone been to this? Should I get tickets in advance? Any tips on what to do/get there, and making the best use of my time and $$$.

thanks,
anthony
Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

How late do you guys think you will be at Tarpy's? I have a dinner event that I just can't miss.
Peter-- Take off from Tarpy's whenever you need. We were there long enough to support the local ale economy pretty well last year
Most will have Laguna Seca or similar early Sat, anyway. ...'Course, that rarely keeps us from ending a good thing

Who here is going to the Corral at Laguna Seca? I am looking for a pass for Friday and/or Saturday if anyone has any extras. I was being cheap and didn't pay the $55 for the PCA passes...
I don't have a pass, either: tried but just missed the deadline
Please put me #2 in line for 1 corral parking pass for Sat, Aug 14 from anyone with an extra. TIA!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:41 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Considering Thu or Fri as a day trip.

Quick Reply: Monterey Historics 2010