Received 551 Likes on 374 Posts

+1 on leaving them silver
Old 09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
I like them the way they are. No right or wrong either way.
I'm with him^^
Old 09-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

delanobe. Im in the process of making a replica of your car. I ordered the three pieces wheels almost exactly the same as your from Kerscher in germany. They colour keyed the centres with P61W silver the same "steel Grey" used to paint the mirrors, handles and grilles on the Anniversary vesovious cars. I am having my standard grill painted teh same along with the "fins" or vents on either side of the turbo bumper. I already have Bielstien/RS with RS bars and drop links so will be dropping just a bit more to 10-15mm above RS height.

You should have a play with colour coding the centres steel grey and matching with your rear C2S grill insert and front bumper vents. Would look really nice. I had a freind do a photoshop for me but its on his machine.

By the way I eally like the painted wheel crentres - in Vesuvious metalic I think they would look really classy. The break up all that silver and with these wheels they make them look 18" wherase I find with this design the wheels have too much spoke in them.

PS. Porsche also produced a P61W "Carrera" emblem as used on the back of the C2S Anniversary. They are not expensive and tie everything together....

Just an idea...

Cheers M
Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 105 Posts

Hi Macca,

In fact the wheel centres are already matched with the split grill and the side fins on the front bumper.
I don't know if you can see it on the picture but I also painted the front air intakes on the bumper and at the top of the front bonnet.

I have a 911 emblem on the rear

I take it as a big compliment that you are making a copy of my car.

Did you already start with the interior?

Cheerz
Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Delanobe. Wow - i didnt pick up the matching centres with the other silver trim. I thought I had been original!

I decided to give my car a make over in 2010 to celebrate 10 years of my ownership. I have already changed my cars appearance once after 5 years ownership. Its nice to refresh every 5 years I think....you can see some different iterations of it in Adrian Streathers book (there are over 30 pictures from it contributed there).

I have attached a picture of my cars interior and exterior before the make over. The only interior changes I am making are possibly silver dials in the same P61W colour. I already bought a set of instruments and had the dials fitted so I can swap them over but I cant decide if I will do this. Also I have automatic rain sensor and self dim mirror I may fit. Lastly Marcus has made me some extra carbon for my door end trim (pic attached).

I have attached a picture of the colour wheel centre P61W.

I have bought LWF and clutch from Gert along with RSR tranny mounsand will have fitted at same time as suspension lowered. I dont want to have to do re alignment twice so will fit the enw flywheel and clutch same time. I have the Steve Wong chip built for LWF already installed.

Other changes at the same time will be rigid shim kit and the urethan bushes from renlist member for A arms.

I have a new ROW turbo bumper and will fit with my Techart fog lights and brake ducts from Gert. I noticed you did the front grill edges in silver but have decided instead to have the beake ducts painted P61W. I think looking at my existing bumper it would chip lower down...

Lastly quality 50% tint in side and back windows.

I have the RS shifter, engine mounts fitted. Hollow cats. Ive gone a different route with my car than most. Ive kept the luxury appointments, foucsed on drive train and handling as well as cosmetic. I hope to be Colin at 9m first NZ customer wehn I put in his billet heads. I think 350-360 hp would finish the package off nicely. However the 2010 cosmetic upgrade will be first and the 9m modification next after that. When you know you will have something for life you can plan and saviour the changes....

Last pics show P61W colour deviation on GT2 and C2S. You have good taste :-)
Attached Images           
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca, I really like the project you are undertaking! Needless to say, I think delanobe's car has been a rolemodel type car for many of us. As I have had two C2S Vesuvius, I must say I'm partial to the color scheme, especially with the P61W stahlgrau accents as so correctly pointed out. Very nice! Do you have any pictures of the Kerscher wheels?

Btw, for some reason I really like that last picture
Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
...I decided to give my car a make over in 2010 to celebrate 10 years of my ownership. I have already changed my cars appearance once after 5 years ownership...

...When you know you will have something for life you can plan and saviour the changes...
THANK YOU! That's all I can say right now.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
grahampeterm
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Wish I was good at Photoshop! Liking the idea of P61W titanium/steel grey for the C2S grilles, door handles, mirrors and wheel centres against a Cobalt blue base car!
Lots of ideas there for a Special Edition car :0
Graham
Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

You and me alike! Id love to trial this on adobe against a midnight blue car - at the moment I have only Denobes car to use as a refernce although the vesuvious paint looks very similar to the midnight blue in some of the pictures he has taken. We need a photoshop expert!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Warpig
I dunno... I kinda like the dark centers

Nick
me too very fresh & ol' skool porsche sleek

Quick Reply: Photo shop request :-)