Ready for Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool Ready for Monterey

Spent the weekend getting her ready (wash, clay, wash, wax, finish).

Pretty pleased with the outcome (and a friend popped in to say hello while I was doing it....).

say hello to my little friend...

looking forward to the weekend....
Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 AM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey someone stuck an f-car in the picture! WTF,.... Nice stuff thanks for posting!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Indeed, but what an F-car!!

Regardless, the C2S looks great.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Surj-- Very nice! Will she be on display? Where / which events? Hopefully see your 993 / meet ya.

I'll probably start a "Monterey Photo Thread" for RLers to conveniently park their event pix.

I've been in town ~3 days, & haven't seen another's 993. Plenty of Ferraris, though, from an Enzo to Modenas. Pretty common in comparison to our P-cars, so far.

I figured the 'gray car' in your photos was just your daily driver, to keep your C2S pristine.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:10 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Getting excited about Carmel!

Both cars look great. The wife and I head up Friday early from San Diego. We've been counting the days for about a month now. Staying at the "Colonial Terrace Inn" Fri-Mon night in Carmel. If any RListers see me, give me a head nod or say hi, etc..

Will be at Hogs Breath Inn smoking a Cohiba on Sat night at some point. Will be at track on Sun and plan on being in the P-car parade. Other than that we will be winging it the whole weekend. I am a lousy photographer, but I plan on snapping quite a few sweet rides
Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Surj...

We will see you there!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jäger,

will be there from Thurs evening. My cuz w the F_Car has a Hamman modded Gallardo that will be the showcar @ the Concorso on Fri (will be there stuck in the back w the rest of the 'non italian' cars - we'll let the F-Cars have their fun that day - its probably the only day most of them get driven (can you spell "depreciation" )

Sat we'll be at the track - I have Corral parking and will get there early (!)...looking to take pics of as many 993s with RL stickers as poss!!

Would anyone be interested in an RL meet and greet thread for the events @ Monterey?? I think it would be cool if we can let others know if anything cool is going on - just a thought.

Brian - we usually end up crusing the auctions or just hangin near by - Cohiba or Lusitania in hand

Mark - are you guys setting up a stall or did I read somewhere that you're cruising with your wrestlin' son?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Thurs at crack-of-dawn for the Panamera deal, then at the track Friday. No further plans other than wandering wherever. Taking the RS America, likely with my bike strapped to the top, since the C4S looks like crap after using it hard Sat/Sun at the track, plus a little time Friday with the Radical and Spec Miata. (Over 24 hours later and I feel the sunburn and sore neck..........)

I won't be proud of my ride given the competition, but it will get me there and back.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ken - it'll be great to bump into you - I'll keep an eye out for your RS.

And Ken - you have a complement of cars not many I know can hold a candle to - you have nothing to worry about!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
I've been in town ~3 days, & haven't seen another's 993. Plenty of Ferraris, though, from an Enzo to Modenas. Pretty common in comparison to our P-cars, so far.
We got to Carmel today and so far only one 993 sighting, but we have seen quite a few 356's already. I agree with your comment about the Ferrari's. They are everywhere. Matter of fact there was a REAL Ferrari Daytona coupe parked across the street from our hotel. Don't see those on a daily basis. There were a ton of early 911's going down the 101 towards LA as we were creeping up to San Luis Obispo (DARN TRAFFIC!!!!). I wanted to Yell at them to turn around. They were going the wrong way!

Did the very slow trek up Hwy 1 from Morro Bay. We switched it up and came up Hwy 1 from Morro Bay. Mistake...... The slo pokes and motor homes were out in force. Took all the fun out of the drive and took us forever to get here.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Jo

did you and Robert drive up in that GreenMeanie??
Old 08-11-2009, 05:31 AM
mie17
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick cars!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Surj-993C2S
Ken - it'll be great to bump into you - I'll keep an eye out for your RS.

And Ken - you have a complement of cars not many I know can hold a candle to - you have nothing to worry about!!!
Thanks. But in the context of what's going to be rolling around there this week I might as well drive the smart!

One thing's for sure, if I'm running around with the bike and rack on the roof, I won't be hard to spot.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
Surj-- I'll probably start a "Monterey Photo Thread" for RLers to conveniently park their event pix.
For the clicking: "Monterey '09 photo thread: Laguna, Pebble, Quail, etc"
Jäger, Would anyone be interested in an RL meet and greet thread for the events @ Monterey?? I think it would be cool if we can let others know if anything cool is going on.
Originally Posted by sdcabrio
Will be at Hogs Breath Inn smoking a Cohiba on Sat night at some point.
Surj-- Tarpy's Roadhouse Sat PM? Close, convenient, & recommended by the Pelican Parts Forum folks also meeting there (think: more P-cars in parking lot, & good guys with fellow sickness). More details here. Brian-- maybe convenient before you scoot to Hogs Breath Inn.
Open RL invitation; reservation made. Let me know.
Originally Posted by race911
Taking the RS America, I won't be proud of my ride given the competition, but it will get me there and back.
Ken-- GR RSAs are cool. Represent!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Hey Jo

did you and Robert drive up in that GreenMeanie??

You Mean Mr. Toad's WILD ride?

No we didn't. Robert didn't have the time to get the Air Conditioner Installed before we left so he is tucked away in the garage jealous that we took the MINI S instead. The Ford is very comfortable, except for the lack of air.........

We took a quick walk down Ocean Avenue this morning to pick up a Latte and they are parking some beautiful rides for the show. Lots of Cobra's, Alfa's, a couple of dragsters........ There is an R Gruppe ealy S here that ROebrt has already been drooling over and he got to talk to Wayne Carrini about one he has for sale. We might have another Porsche sooner than I thought we would.

I( wonder what it takes to be a judge for the Concours on the Aveneue? The judges breakfast is at our hotel and I peaked in the windows when they were setting it up. THe food smelled wonderful and at every place setting on the tables there was a Tommy Bahama's Straw hat and a small blue Tiffany's bag. I want whats was in that BAG!!! lol

I haven't seen a single 993 yet............................

Quick Reply: Ready for Monterey