Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: MJ gets ripped apart

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

A shame his character wasn't as immense as his talent. A great talent, not a great person.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forget all the jokes people make of him. When you're at the top of the game, people will find anything to rip you apart over. Micheal's music and influence is epic and will last for generations.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 AM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
A shame his character wasn't as immense as his talent. A great talent, not a great person.
I'll have to disagree with that. He's done so much (and donated so much) for underprivileged children and charities in his lifetime. At the very least, his kindness and empathy was great.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:57 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by KraZy007
I'll have to disagree with that. He's done so much (and donated so much) for underprivileged children and charities in his lifetime. At the very least, his kindness and empathy was great.
I'm sure the parents of the children he molested would say different.

He was sexually attracted to young boys, so doing 'nice things' for charity that would put him in contact with young boys is not really so altruistic, in my mind; that's like putting a kid in a candy store. I'm sure he had good qualities, but he was also a pedophile.

There are many kind and empathetic folks in the world. Most don't like to have sex with children.

Yes, he was a great talent and his wonderful music will be a fitting tribute to his enormous contribution to pop music. But the fact that he molested children keeps him from being a great person. That simply is too great a sin to be overlooked, in my opinion.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish peace for those children, But also for Michael. He lived a terribly troubled life.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KraZy007
As the one who started this thread, I would like to reiterate that Michael was indeed a generous and kind person. He treated the people around him and those who worked with him (my spouse included) with respect (despite his well publicized issues with Mottola.)

There are a lot of personal issues he had endured throughout his life. No doubt this will all come out in the media soon.

I'm certainly not condoning some of his behavior. But we all have certain weaknesses and villains in our midst. His were more pronounced and he allowed them get the best of him.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grew up listening to his music and I have to admit Im a fan. RIP MJ
Old 06-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was an original joker re: MJ. My apologies to those who knew / worked with him.

Also from OT:

The guy was a major talent and a cash cow for the music industry. Thriller alone generated some four Billion dollars in sales. For those who knew and loved him, my sincere condolences. His life is one a great many people dream of having - in reality it was likely a nightmare.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:58 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

He probably lived a tougher life than most of us would want to deal with.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Autarky
Instructor

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
I'm sure the parents of the children he molested would say different.

He was sexually attracted to young boys, so doing 'nice things' for charity that would put him in contact with young boys is not really so altruistic, in my mind; that's like putting a kid in a candy store. I'm sure he had good qualities, but he was also a pedophile.

There are many kind and empathetic folks in the world. Most don't like to have sex with children.

Yes, he was a great talent and his wonderful music will be a fitting tribute to his enormous contribution to pop music. But the fact that he molested children keeps him from being a great person. That simply is too great a sin to be overlooked, in my opinion.
Pfft what a load of BS. You're making outrageous statements as though they are proven facts. Very deluded and disrespectful. People didn't understand MJ. The work he did to help underprivileged children will all types of diseases is something that is at the very height of human kindness. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story by the corrupted press!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Autarky
He was truly a genius and the king of not only pop, but music in general.
Now that's just silly.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Autarky
Instructor

Originally Posted by Noah
Now that's just silly.
How so? There will never be another entertainer/musician like him! Especially considering the state the 'music' industry is in these days.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

He was a brilliant entertainer, dancer, singer, etc. But the "king of music"? Come on. Ever listened to Bach?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

He was a brilliant entertainer, dancer, singer, etc. But the "king of music"? Come on. Ever listened to Bach?
Well said.

Andreas
Old 06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

or,........... r a d i o h e a d ?

very interesting article here:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Quick Reply: OT: MJ gets ripped apart