Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: MJ gets ripped apart

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt know him personally, I don't know for sure if he molested any kids, but what I DO know for sure is that he inspired millions and was one talented artist...I personally loved his music and his performances..

if he did molest those children, then hopefully he Will pay the price from the "Great one above"....AS FAR AS i KNOW AND WHAT I CAN DO, is wish the family strength thru this tragedy and, and wish MJ R.I.P....HE WILL BE MISSED!
Old 06-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Sean993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find all the adulation of a known pedophile disturbing. It is the worst crime someone could commit yet millions of people have given him a pass for it.
In a way these fanatical fans are legitamizeing pedophilia, by supporting and accepting him
Old 06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean993
I find all the adulation of a known pedophile disturbing. It is the worst crime someone could commit yet millions of people have given him a pass for it.
In a way these fanatical fans are legitamizeing pedophilia, by supporting and accepting him
I dont know if I'd go that far, but the outpouring of emotion is puzzling to me.

Obviously you dont want to attack someone after death, but lets be honest, here - the man (boy) was a whack job. He is going to be remembered for that - not his music. And thats a heck of a feat considering his professional career.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:52 AM
texas911
Race Car

Umm, what proof do you have that he was a pedophile? A jury of 12 men and women heard lots and lots of evidence from a prosector that had unlimited resources and couldn't even get one of the dozen of charges against him to stick. Rich people are just easy targets, and MJ was just too naive to protect himself.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Autarky
Instructor

Originally Posted by texas911
Umm, what proof do you have that he was a pedophile? A jury of 12 men and women heard lots and lots of evidence from a prosector that had unlimited resources and couldn't even get one of the dozen of charges against him to stick. Rich people are just easy targets, and MJ was just too naive to protect himself.
Great post.

Also, the fact that some of you are suggesting he won't be remembered for his music is laughable! And also the fact that millions are supposably legitimising pedophilia. Hilarious.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 226 Posts

Sure he'll be remembered for his music but also for making the personal choice of sharing his bed with children who are not his own. So, he decided to make that choice and unfortunately paid dearly for it.

Just as we are not solely talking about his musical accomplishments we are talking about this controversy. That's how he'll always be remembered which is a shame.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Of course he was a major force in pop music, and I believe he will be remembered to a great extent for the library of music he leaves behind. But do you really think that just because he wasn't found guilty the SECOND time he was accused of molesting children, that it means he wasn't guilty? There is a huge difference between being acquitted in a court of law and actually being innocent. Remember OJ?

If Michael Jackson wasn't famous, his habit of bedding down with kids other than his own would not have been tolerated or accepted. I think those who think that Jackson is completely innocent of any molestation have fallen sway to the cult of celebrity personality. Jackson's documented and substantiated history adheres strongly to that of a classic child molester.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
sptschoice
Pro

Originally Posted by texas911
I second your opinion...MJ was great period!...All the haters will continue to be what they are
Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Just a reminder of why I generated this thread. After reading all the jokes about him, I wondered why I so felt differently. When you've known someone in real life, you find that it hits you in a distinct way. Even if that person was a person of notoriety. And that was my point. It was not about condoning anyone's behavior.

It's almost akin to having a brother who you cared about and who cared about you. But then discovering he may have had a dark secret. You cannot simply dismiss him as a human being, it's just too close to home. Only from afar can one easily do that. Only if the person was a stranger. And it would be impossible to joke about it.

He let a lot of people down. Most of all, himself.

Perhaps after death, we can all have some humility. Isn't that what God does? Forgive? Instead some choose to act like the Mullahs and will execute for any hint of misdeed. That's what makes it hard when one has known the person.

As someone posted here, "it takes ***** to say it like it is." It takes ***** to be humble, too.

Here's one email of many we got over the weekend. No one was comfortable with the way Michael carried out his life. It wasn't easy to watch. Everyone felt a bit guilty for not trying to do something. And as in most cases of the wayward family member: "Why couldn't we have done more?"

"You have known this man for a long time and he loved you. He thought you were great and always appreciated what you did for him. You were among the few people at Sony that he trusted. I'm devastated as well. I am very angry at him for wasting the gifts he was given."
Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Sean993
Instructor

Originally Posted by Autarky
Great post.

Also, the fact that some of you are suggesting he won't be remembered for his music is laughable! And also the fact that millions are supposably legitimising pedophilia. Hilarious.
You don't think the people of NAMBLA (and I don't mean the North American Marlon Brando lookalike association) aren't saying see were Ok, he was like us and look at all his fans.
And what was the neverland ranch?, if not his twisted version of the Playboy mansion.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, I read some of these comments and can only conclude there is some serious paranoia on this board.

MJ had his issues for sure but regardless of guilt or innocence his music was terriffic and his influence on the industry will remain forever.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean993
You don't think the people of NAMBLA (and I don't mean the North American Marlon Brando lookalike association) aren't saying see were OK, he was like us and look at all his fans.
And what was the neverland ranch?, if not his twisted version of the Playboy mansion.
Exactly spot on ... can you say Peter Pan Playground ... where boys never grow up...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 PM
techsis
Pro

I am so sad.....that MJ is being discussed on Rennlist. Let it rest.

I have no idea if he is guilty of the child molestation charges, but I guarantee that he would never get near my kids. No free pass here. Even if he was an easy target, he should never have put himself in bed with children.

The fascination with this BS is just disturbing.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by techsis
The fascination with this BS is just disturbing.
+ 993

Andreas
Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 PM
VMXWinn
Rennlist Member

As the wise man said, opinion's are like a#$holes, everyones got one!

Quick Reply: OT: MJ gets ripped apart