Sponsored by:

Well, where do I start...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Well Yay!! Congrats Chris and Pam! Yay! I'm so excited for you!!
Adrienne,

You and Keith are up next in the Good News Announcement category.

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!

CP
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

CP - our new child is fuzzy!! Will post pics separately. Now back to our congrats to Chris and Pam!!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the new addition to the family. when you get so exhausted from lack of sleep and you feel like a walking zombie,... just remember that boys are much easier than girls and within a few short years, he will want to drive your other pride and joy.

the first few years seem to drag on, but then all of a sudden, you're wondering how to slow down time. enjoy the journey
Old 06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Chris!!!,

My Dad's birthday is the 7th and he is a great guy.

You will enjoy the ride. Take lots and lots of pictures.

If you have one of the Porsche bears your son will fit into the racing suit and the pics are cool.

Also, stinky diapers can be a great way to get back at people who have stinky lunches.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28

Also, stinky diapers can be a great way to get back at people who have stinky lunches.

LOLOLOL
Old 06-10-2009, 02:47 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Another big day today, we got to go home! Pam recovered quicker than expected and we were given the option to go home two days early, yipppeeee!

Then the realization sets in, we are on our own -- yikes! No nurse bell to ring for help, in laws left today. Uh oh, hope we're good enough.

Some random images:

On the way home:

Last edited by chris walrod; 06-11-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

For the birth announcement, I had set up an email account in Zachary's name, so he wrote his own announcement and sent it out to friends and family. Here it is:

Hello to all my friends.

My name is Zachary Walrod. My middle name is Jack, taken from Grandpa Jack, my mom Pam's father. Then i have my last name from my dad Chris and his father Ron. So the only original name I have from my mom and dad is Zachary, hope i like it.

Today was a big day for me. At 12:01am, June 7th 2009 i joined you all in this great world. So far its full of bright lights, caring people and many noises that are now much clearer than during the previous several months. Also many people who talk to me like i dont know what they mean, c'mon folks i hear you..

my transition from my mom to the outside world was quick. i guess i was causing trouble for my mom, and my mom was giving me trouble with complications, so they delivered my by way of C-section at a very rushed pace. it was scary for me and my parents as i understand it. maybe Mom and Dad will tell you all about it later. Mom and Dad were crying when they first saw me, so I cried back at them, I won because I was louder --

anyhow, they say i am 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19.5 inches long. I overheard the doctors say that i am ok and a nice pink color. wait a minute, i am a boy, whats with this pink color..

a few minutes after being born i spent a little time on a sun tanning machine, boy that felt great! after that I slept for a little while then my Dad fed me a bottle. Mom wasnt doing so hot after my birth, so Dad gave me formula. He likes formula too, formula 1 i heard him say.

after a late dinner, i conked out until about three when i stopped breathing. Dad says i was blue like a blueberry, but the doctors still prefer pink, even for boys. they got me breathing again, then all three of us went to sleep for a few hours.

So here I am, ready to dirty all the diapers I can.

Love you all,
Zachary

Last edited by chris walrod; 06-12-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 288 Posts

Was instructing at a 3-day DE over the week-end and just now playing catch-up on my e-mails and forums when I found this really great news! Congratulations! Let's see...Have I got the progression right?: Stroller, Radio Flyer wagon, scooter, trike, bike, go-cart, motorcycle, Porsche.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Thats classic, sounds like he'll be sharp like his ol' man?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Thats classic, sounds like he'll be sharp like his ol' man?
Oh no, we're hoping much smarted than I
Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Another big day today, we got to go home! Pam recovered quicker than expected and we were given the option to go home two days early, yipppeeee!

Then the realization sets in, we are on our own -- yikes! No nurse bell to ring for help, in laws left today. Uh oh, hope we're good enough.

Some random images:

I love the lighting and lens in the picture...
Old 06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
bart1
Race Car

Originally Posted by chris walrod

Changed some diapers today, first time!

At 1am they took Pam off the magnesium, watched her BP for a few more hours then let us sleep a few more hours then moved us to post partum. Pam feels so much better being off the magnesium, as she was told she would feel. Pam is up and moving around some today, very sore, but moving around!!

A good thing.

The little one slept just about all day except for boob time. This is another area of frustration, breast feeding. My nipples are sore
Congrats!!

I have never changed diapers yet, either. I thought I was just a weirdo to be in my 30s and not have done so. Maybe not. Or maybe you are not a good reference, seeing your other comments

Glad your humor is intact,

Did you see about getting some extra magnesium to make some race parts???
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Chris:

This is just great news I showed my wife the pictures and she loved them. Congrats again you are very blessed with a great family.

Mike
Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Much to my surprise, kids don't come with Owner's Manuals...you get to make it up as you go.

Things I have learned:
1. Kids do the same things you do, so if you read alot, your kids will tend to read. If you sit on the couch and watch TV, guess what they are going to do.
2. Boys will chase a ball almost no matter how far you throw it, they think, my Dad just has bad aim, deep down, you are wearing him out so he will sleep well that night.
3. They tend to eat what you present to them, get them used to eating all kinds of things early, especially vegetables. My wife cut cucumber slices and carrots for the kids, and they eat a ton of them now.

Quick Reply: Well, where do I start...