HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

David, good catch.

George, do the Paypal/credit card thing ASAP. It's a wonder that anything was sent at all.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
David, good catch.

George, do the Paypal/credit card thing ASAP. It's a wonder that anything was sent at all.
+1 on the good catch. I think this same car was either posted for sale here or there was a link posted sometime last fall.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by d-land
These pictures look very familiar...

Check out the link.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...057105333.html

-David
Yep...same pictures. It doesn't look good Geo. Sounds more and more like a scam to me...

Tell us when you want us to come in...
Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't get it, though--if it was a scam, why send any seats at all?

Seems more like a lazy, unknowledgeable typical 993 owner. Someone who has a real job and life outside of cars, lets their shop do everything for them, and rather than actually take photos, just found some that looked OK to their clueless eye. Ever since my car's p.o. described new valve cover gaskets as a "top end rebuild" and another guy sold me bent, cracked wheels as "straight and true" I've come to realize that there is a huge amount of damaging, apathetic stupidity in the world that nevertheless falls short of criminally malicious.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little trick I do when I am suspicious about an ebay sale, is I ask him if I or a local friend can pick up the item personally....just to get the sellers reaction!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
I don't get it, though--if it was a scam, why send any seats at all?
To get PayPal off your back. It's much easier to demonstrate to PayPal that a seller send you a box of bricks or nothing at all than to get into the intricacies of Sport seats vs. dirty regular seats with them via email.

The stalling too... the whole thing when taken together smells rather odd.

I agree with you on apathetic stupidity and ignorance. But they often go together with 'I just don't give a crap about the customer" attitude, and that is a problem. Not criminally melicious, but enough to get your money back and make it their problem instead. That roundtrip shipment of seats to France will not be cheap.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:34 AM
samsnead
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask for the name of the shop that sent the seats, I'll be more than happy to drop by when I am back in the country.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geo,

I'm so sorry to hear/see this. Unbelievable. So blatant that maybe there really was a mistake.?

They were so bad at first look that I honestly missed the fact that they weren't sport seats. Took me a minute. I just sat back in my chair when I realized that.

Best of luck.

chuck
Old 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Someone who has a real job and life outside of cars, lets their shop do everything for them, and rather than actually take photos, just found some that looked OK to their clueless eye.
Yes but then again, Geo asked if these were the sellers actual seats in the pictures. He said "yes they are"...
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

this has turned into something I didn't need at all.
The seller said the seats I received are not the ones he sent.
The seller claims someone called him lately and bought the seats for much more money (I don't care to believe or not)
The seller is asking me to return the rubbish seats to reimburse my money back, I have to ship within 10 days (paypal rules) with a tracking no.
Problem is I have to take the shipping costs.
I wonder what is the cheapest way to ship seats from Tx to NJ, since it is going out of my pocket, and no end product...I am disgusted
thank you for all the support and help
Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greyhound. Take them to the nearest terminal. The seller will have to go to a terminal to pick them up, but dirt cheap.

Sorry it worked out this way. At least EBay has changed their rules so you can leave negative feedback without reprisal.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
I wonder what is the cheapest way to ship seats from Tx to NJ, since it is going out of my pocket, and no end product...I am disgusted
Man, that sucks big time!!!

Greyhound shipping would probably be your best bet for shipping over-sized items cheap.
http://www.shipgreyhound.com/
Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by md11plt
Greyhound. Take them to the nearest terminal. The seller will have to go to a terminal to pick them up, but dirt cheap.
+1.
I used them to ship some furniture, bought in Mississippi, back to California. Cheapest by far to move bulky items.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
this has turned into something I didn't need at all.
The seller said the seats I received are not the ones he sent.
The seller claims someone called him lately and bought the seats for much more money (I don't care to believe or not)
The seller is asking me to return the rubbish seats to reimburse my money back, I have to ship within 10 days (paypal rules) with a tracking no.
Problem is I have to take the shipping costs.
This is outrageous.
He sold you seats that he did not deliver. You paid for something you did not get.
Next, he cannot have "sold" the seats again to someone else without admitting that he cheated you in the first place, because you already bought and paid for them.
You should demand that he deliver those seats to you, now, and that he pay for the shipping. He will find some excuse not to do this.

If I were you, I would try to get my money back, and then report him to eBay, Paypal, and leave him negative feedback with the whole story so he doesn't do the same thing to the next honest person.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Geo: Man this sucks. I shipped seats to Texas and it cost $450 (admittedly, I paid extra to make sure they were not likely to be damaged, which is not an issue with yours). I guess I should have used Greyhound instead of a freight transfer outfit. Hope you recover your $$$ if not your time and frustration.

Quick Reply: HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay