Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm with Viggo. George's knowledge base is incredible, as is his willingness to share it with all of us. Good luck with all of this Geo!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

latest email received through PayPal resolution center:

"Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Unfortunately, I'm traveling on business and relied on my mechanic to send the correct item. First he was late sending the seats and those seats are not from my car or the ones you had purchased. I've left a message for my mechanic to return my call. I will inform you ASAP regarding this mater."

If this is the case, I am really tempted to ask the seller to give me the porsche shop address, and post it here as a sticky. Best is to react with the end result.

My humble respect to all of you guys, I learn each day sharing your company and passion, thank you
Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
latest email received through PayPal resolution center:

"Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Unfortunately, I'm traveling on business and relied on my mechanic to send the correct item. First he was late sending the seats and those seats are not from my car or the ones you had purchased. I've left a message for my mechanic to return my call. I will inform you ASAP regarding this mater."

If this is the case, I am really tempted to ask the seller to give me the porsche shop address, and post it here as a sticky. Best is to react with the end result.

My humble respect to all of you guys, I learn each day sharing your company and passion, thank you
I would just request your money back. I would be very surprised if those seats even exist. Sounds like too many stories for me. There are lots of good people on Ebay & I have bought and sold cars and parts there for years but it only takes ones sour apple......
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 247 Posts

Hope u get it sorted out, did he give u his mechanics number?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Duckman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This deal really, really sucks. As I read the thread, I became angrier and angrier. It's fraud, without question.

I, too, hope things are made right and you are made whole, Geo. Best wishes, dude.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smells like delay tactics around here. Sounds like maintaining some sort of "dignity" is important to this fool, so let him hang on to his "my mechanic" fairy tale, as long as you get your money.

In fact, I'd suggest it's his turn to trust you to send those wrong seats back once you've got your refund, including return shipping.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
yes...

anything else?
Wow, you've really got it in for me, eh?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Wow, you've really got it in for me, eh?

Aren't you the one questioning each of my above posts? I'm just replying to them. Don't take it the wrong way.

Edit: BTW, just tried PM'ing you but it says that your quota is exceeded. Peace out brother!

Last edited by cabrio993; 03-06-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
993C4Smontreal
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geo, I would ask for the mechanic's number to get a confirmtaion of his story, and maybe have a fellow NJ RLer pay them a surprise visit...if he doesnt give it, I would be suspicious.

As a side note, I am glad to see fellow RL'er supporting a member that has contributed A LOT to this forum!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having been through the Paypal and Ebay claims process before, I can see where you may be headed for trouble. The sellers delays may have been intentional. As you have already learned, credit card companies, ebay, paypal, all have time limits to claim a refund. Paypal will work with you, however, their resolution is to take money out of the seller's paypal account and put it into yours. If he has no money in there, you don't get any money until he does. If he knows paypal will sieze it, then he is unlikely to put any money in there. Therefore, paypal says you are right, but you don't get paid.

The upside is that this Rennlist community rocks and this guy has apparently let his identity out. He may have been hoping that some poor guy in Europe would get stuck with these but I think he has a surprise coming if he does not make it right.

Based on my read, I'd say this could still possibly be a mistake by his mechanic in shipping the wrong seats, but the entire circumstances are VERY suspicious to say the least.

Good Luck!!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:16 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I would open a PayPal claim _NOW_. If the seller manages to ship the right seats eventuially, the claim can always be closed and resolved. However, the delays sound very fishy.

Hope it works out, Geo!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
He may have been hoping that some poor guy in Europe would get stuck with these but I think he has a surprise coming if he does not make it right.
Slightly OT, but this reminded me of a quote I read last night from certain recent American visitors to Paris, which made me smile:
"We get smiles, nods of approval, and raised thumbs, usually all at once. Want to improve America's image in Europe? Fire the State Department, and hire some folks to drive Challengers around..."
http://www.motortrend.com/features/t..._to_reims.html
Old 03-06-2009, 06:13 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 469 Posts

Horrible story. As someone who's recently been burned on fleabay, I'd take some of the above advice. DO NOT DELAY in making claims to Paypal, Ebay, and your credit card. It sounds very familiar to my story. My part was broken upon arrival due to crappy packaging, seller said he'd make everything right either by replacement or refund just needed a bit of time. Five months later no replacement, no refund, full voicemail, and full email. *****!!!! Maybe this is just a misunderstanding but unfortunately I think the seller is just trying to buy time.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a late comer to the thread, but wow it pisses me off. If I were in NJ I would definitely get 2-3 friends and go look the guy up. It would be pretty easy to make it clear that you know where he lives, works, what he drives,...etc. I would "suggest" he refund GEO for the seats or he would wish he did.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
d-land
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

These pictures look very familiar...

Check out the link.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...057105333.html

-David

Quick Reply: HARDBACK SPORT SEATS on ebay