Sponsored by:

Hello all......I need mod help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 AM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Hello all......I need mod help

Just purchased a 100K 97 C2S from a fellow lister and I am truley in love with the car. Best all around sports car for the money in my mind hands down. I had it parked next to a 996TT and although it is a wonderful car in its own right, I believe I made the right choice for me. Thanks to Rennlist for all of the help and now I must ask for even more.

I am looking to lower the car for appearance only reasons * Poser * , the car is only for street and DE events for now. The car is stock currently and I was hoping to only replace the springs. First question is what are the best springs for this and also with 100K on the clock how long before I chang out the rest of the suspension anyway.

Next question is about that extra 50HP that I am promised with buying the $39.99 Vortex Vornado on TV, I am sure it will work but if it doesn't is my only proven option to look towards a 3.8 setup? Turbos and SC are not my desire for this car and I my just keep it as is, but I have been spoiled with my DD a 545 Sport and past cars with abundant HP. Will a flash/Chip and FabSpeed exaust do the trick or am I kidding myself.
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will not gain much, if anything, from an exhaust upgrade, beside a wide grin on your face at WOT.
On the other hand, a chip from Steve Wiener should be good for a few ponies.
Good luck and congrats on your new ride.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on. Go the whole route. If you are thinking of 3.8, a Protomotive twin turbo will give you what you need for about the same cost. Believe me, you cannot believe how drivable and fun my car is. As for mods, PSS9's for suspension and get an extra oil cooler up front. I have the Cargraphic and my car never goes past 9 o'clock even on highly humid hot days in NC and SC.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sinfulsteve
Come on. Go the whole route. If you are thinking of 3.8, a Protomotive twin turbo will give you what you need for about the same cost. Believe me, you cannot believe how drivable and fun my car is. As for mods, PSS9's for suspension and get an extra oil cooler up front. I have the Cargraphic and my car never goes past 9 o'clock even on highly humid hot days in NC and SC.
Ship your car to Philly and I will drive it for a month or so just to make sure.

As far as the 3.8, I don't know if I am willing to spend the money for that at this point. I am looking for the 5K solution to the 50HP which I do not think is out there.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

This all is only important if the Vornado disappoints...which it won't.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:20 PM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weight reduction, driver training... your best money spent (given your limitations and budget)
Old 11-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by UserA
As far as the 3.8, I don't know if I am willing to spend the money for that at this point. I am looking for the 5K solution to the 50HP which I do not think is out there.
Magic Vornados not withstanding, I don't think you'll find a real 50 HP for $5K,...

That said, there are some gains that make a big difference for a little more cheese,............call me.

Suspension-wise, one ought not to change springs without matching shocks of some kind. Lots of options here, depending on how the car will be driven.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:42 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

suspension - KW-v3 w/RS swaybars
performance - reflashed ECU by Rennsport and a regeared tranny

Old 11-12-2008, 01:43 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ruffy
weight reduction, driver training... your best money spent (given your limitations and budget)
+ 1
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Cool car!!
For suspension, if you are going to do track days, get the KW, or Bilstein PSS10s, there both great & street compliant. I'm SUPER happy with my Bilstein PSS10's! It's far better then my expectations!

For ponies, there isn't much. Motorsound intake with a panel filter, DACH X pipe, chip. Doing the RS singe pulley, then the RS LTW clutch. It will not add a bunch of power, but will free up some, & make the engine REV a lot better! On my car, the DACH pipe, & RS pulley made differences you can feel, both were not that much $$.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=UserA;5993179]Ship your car to Philly and I will drive it for a month or so just to make sure.

Sure will

Actually, for 12K you can get the protomotive Stage 1, bolt on no mods, about 410 HP.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

JMO, but the 2 best mods for a 993 are trans and suspension.

for the suspension there is a wide range of choices, from most street oriented to most track oriented
+RoW M030 springs & struts w/ M030 or RS sways, there is a very limited range of height here

+fully threaded Bilstein HD w/ RoW M030 springs & M030 or RS sways

from here down you can go as low as you can stand(you do need matching wheels/tires)

+Bilstein PSS10 struts & springs w/ RS sways, add RS uprights for a lowered car

+JIC struts & springs 7/10, 7/12, 8/12, 9/14 includes monoball top mounts & camber plates w/ RS sways & RS uprights

+Moton or JRZ struts & your choice of motor sports springs you will also need monoball mounts and camber plates w/ RS sways & RS uprights w/ ERP tie rods

Add RS or ERP arms & lateral stiffening kit in back for a heavily tracked car w/ any of the above

-KW are getting a lot of ink lately but I haven't a clue as to where they would slot in the above
Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

What Bill said. Stick with the Tranny & Suspension.

To get significant HP will cost big bucks.

Quick Reply: Hello all......I need mod help