Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car rides way too rough after Bilstein HD/M030's. May have been a bad choice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
cy7878
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any new updates on the HD/suspension setup?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Yes, I've gotten used to the ride and pretend that I simply have a new car, not connected to the "old" car I used to have. The car handles great and I've learned to come into my garage on an angle so it doesn't scrape.

It's funny, since losing my old job a month ago, little things like this are so unimportant and put into perspective. I did take a new job at my same company but the pay it too little for me to be able to stay there much longer. I'm involved in an exhaustive job search and that keeps me busy most of the time I'm not working this "new" job, so the suspension on my car being stiff is the least of my current problems.

All is still well with the world and I'm sure in time I'll find another great career opportunity in sales like what I had before but maybe even better.

Cheers,
Steve R
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
cy7878
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you found peace with the setup. I'm sorry about the work situation and hope things will work out for you sooner than later. I agree, we all forget that no matter how much we love the 993, it's still just a car. There are other important things in life.

Good luck

Chuck
Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by cy7878
Thanks for the reply. I'm glad you found peace with the setup. I'm sorry about the work situation and hope things will work out for you sooner than later. I agree, we all forget that no matter how much we love the 993, it's still just a car. There are other important things in life.

Good luck

Chuck
There ARE more important things in life than ... a 993? Yeah... I guess you're right I spent the entire day today reworking my resume because a friend of mine looked at it and said it needs to be much stronger, and the format isn't that great. So when my day is almost over I get a call back from a brand new headhunter I contacted earlier today. He was calling about a sales position and I asked him about my resume, if it's on the weak side. He said he looks at resumes all day long and he thought it was fine the way it was except for one word he'd change, and that it didn't need reworking! Arghhhh.

I'm darned glad I at least have a job while I'm looking for another. The pressure isn't so intense to jump on any opportunity that comes along, especially if it's not that appealing. If I don't get a job in 6 months, THAT's when I have to sell the 993 as we'll use the proceeds to live off of. You can see now that this is my incentive to get a job, and soon.

Quick Reply: Car rides way too rough after Bilstein HD/M030's. May have been a bad choice...