My Mechanic :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:19 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Mechanic :)

I know, I know, child labor laws... yada yada yada

We finally got the time to start tearing down my motor today.
There's only so much wrenching he can do... so I found the key to keeping a 5 year old boy happy. I gave him citris degreaser and a box of rags... he did a pretty goog job on a variety of parts and really enjoyed it.
Andreas, you know my wife? Spend any time on the West coast about 5 years ago?
Attached Images   

Last edited by MarkD; 09-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:44 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Andreas, you know my wife? Spend any time on the West coast about 5 years ago?
Actually, I did. "What happens in NorCal, stays in Norcal."

Andreas
Old 09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't wanna loan him out do you, my motor could use a good detailing.
I've heard it said that for a child one of the greatest forms of play is to work alongside their parent. Good job Mark.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
tony soprano
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark, I was really surprised at the number of cars your son could name by sight at that Santana Row get together. You've successfully passed on the gearhead gene!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by prshguy
Don't wanna loan him out do you, my motor could use a good detailing.
I've heard it said that for a child one of the greatest forms of play is to work alongside their parent. Good job Mark.
Thanks, it is a lot of fun when things click.

Originally Posted by tony soprano
Mark, I was really surprised at the number of cars your son could name by sight at that Santana Row get together. You've successfully passed on the gearhead gene!

Hello sir! I know, it's creepy how much they can remember when they WANT to He is learning how an engine works and seems to retain a lot of it.
Not sure who passed it on though... he really likes to clean stuff (see above post by "the suspect")

We missed you at the BBQ!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

He is the man... Get him involved at a young age and he will take off like a rocket. I have a 14 year old who will be taking flying lessons next year with me. Kids are great, like BIG SPONGES...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
tony soprano
Advanced

Originally Posted by MarkD
Hello sir! I know, it's creepy how much they can remember when they WANT to He is learning how an engine works and seems to retain a lot of it.
Not sure who passed it on though... he really likes to clean stuff (see above post by "the suspect")

We missed you at the BBQ!
Yeah, I'm bummed about the BBQ. I went home sick from work the day before. I still intended to make it to the BBQ but didn't get out of bed the next day until ~ 1:00 pm or so. I'd still like to see the shop some day. If you can ever use another set of hands around on a weekend when you're putting your motor back in, changing a clutch, etc., just let me know.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tony soprano
Yeah, I'm bummed about the BBQ. I went home sick from work the day before. I still intended to make it to the BBQ but didn't get out of bed the next day until ~ 1:00 pm or so. I'd still like to see the shop some day. If you can ever use another set of hands around on a weekend when you're putting your motor back in, changing a clutch, etc., just let me know.
Ah, that stinks. Sorry you missed the fun.

We will be working on one thing or another week to week, sounds good. Visitors are always welcome.

Hopefully I will get the time to get my car back together within a few weeks. All depends on getting the heads out to the machine shop and back. I really want to be ready to drive down to the ALMS race at Laguna Seca in Oct... time is quickly slipping by.

Quick Reply: My Mechanic :)