Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Darin Fister Stage 11 Rocks

Da Sweet Sound!

Hey Guys,

Great afternoon, Darin's Stage 11 pipes really are the best I've ever had on the car.

Darin, After having the Fabspeed Maxflow which came on the car when I purchased it, and the Supercups for a while, I have to say this is the best combo "by far" of the noise when I choose to make it, and comfortable driving "No Resonance whatsoever".

The other thing I noticed almost immediately is that these give better throttle response down low and mid range:flame: than either of the Fabspeed pipes. The Supercups had a dead spot low/mid range and the Maxflows didn't give me the response these Stage 11 pipes do either. Overall feels sharper,and revs easier, just wish I could follow myself around more to hear the music. Not to mention the extra 12 HP everyone else claims.

Just NEED "Widebody Oval Tips" to complete the work. Anybody have a set of these around???? It would be much appreciated.

I am going to have them bead blasted and powder coated black which is a nice look for sure.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Eric, I have regular wb tips if you want them...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Eric S
Da Sweet Sound!

Hey Guys,

Great afternoon, Darin's Stage 11 pipes really are the best I've ever had on the car.

Darin, After having the Fabspeed Maxflow which came on the car when I purchased it, and the Supercups for a while, I have to say this is the best combo "by far" of the noise when I choose to make it, and comfortable driving "No Resonance whatsoever".

The other thing I noticed almost immediately is that these give better throttle response down low and mid range:flame: than either of the Fabspeed pipes. The Supercups had a dead spot low/mid range and the Maxflows didn't give me the response these Stage 11 pipes do either. Overall feels sharper,and revs easier, just wish I could follow myself around more to hear the music. Not to mention the extra 12 HP everyone else claims.

Just NEED "Widebody Oval Tips" to complete the work. Anybody have a set of these around???? It would be much appreciated.

I am going to have them bead blasted and powder coated black which is a nice look for sure.

Stage eleven, Wow! Guiness on line II. (-%

tino
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Surj,

Thanks for the offer. I have these as well and am going to have Darin cut and use the offset to weld to his tips so they fit right. We'll see if it works, I can't believe how much the original Wide ovals go for.

Will let you know how it works out.

What are you running for exhaust on your pretty 2S?

Take care,
Eric
Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Eric, I'm glad you like them! It was cool to have you install them during the BBQ.
Looking forward to getting your tips.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:22 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Stage "11"...........first thing I thought of was Spinal Tap. Appropriate, right?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

"These mufflers go to eleven......."
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Especially coming from you, musician and all............
Old 08-30-2008, 10:50 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Stage "11"...........first thing I thought of was Spinal Tap. Appropriate, right?
Originally Posted by FisterD
"These mufflers go to eleven......."
I give that 3 rolling smilies
Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Darin when you send the Stage 2's to someone near me let me know because I really want to hear these in person.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I agree with the better throttle response or hp gain stated above. If there is better throttle/gain...it is minor....but that's not why I put them on.......The exhaust does sound awesome and is highly recommended

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/451293-music-to-my-ears.html
Old 08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cactus
Darin when you send the Stage 2's to someone near me let me know because I really want to hear these in person.
You got it!

Originally Posted by boulderbobo
I'm not sure I agree with the better throttle response or hp gain stated above. If there is better throttle/gain...it is minor....but that's not why I put them on.......The exhaust does sound awesome and is highly recommended
Bob,
The HP reference was poking fun at those that claim HP gains from muffler swaps. It's a joke. As far as the throttle response, Eric had some aftermarket mufflers that had a more straight through design. This can cause low/midrange torque loss, which you would regain with a muffler with better backpressure. The other thing about Eric is, he knows his car very well, and is one hell of a driver!
I don't claim any HP/torque gains with my mufflers, but I have to say I get sooo many comments from people after install, telling me that their car feels "peppier" and "more responsive" (not to mention they sound better.) It's great! Some of this, I'm sure is placebo effect, since the car sounds so good now, but when someone who is very in tune with their car says it, it's nice
Old 08-30-2008, 12:50 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Darin, yea...I got that reading the posts...just trying to provide my opinion for the folks who might be expecting more than the audio
Old 08-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
You got it!

Bob,
The HP reference was poking fun at those that claim HP gains from muffler swaps. It's a joke. As far as the throttle response, Eric had some aftermarket mufflers that had a more straight through design. This can cause low/midrange torque loss, which you would regain with a muffler with better backpressure. The other thing about Eric is, he knows his car very well, and is one hell of a driver!
I don't claim any HP/torque gains with my mufflers, but I have to say I get sooo many comments from people after install, telling me that their car feels "peppier" and "more responsive" (not to mention they sound better.) It's great! Some of this, I'm sure is placebo effect, since the car sounds so good now, but when someone who is very in tune with their car says it, it's nice
Has anyone in Illinois or Indiana had you mod mufflers yet? I'd love to hear them. I currently have Motorsound mufflers with Chris' sport cats...I'm looking for a bit more volume.

Have a try & buy program?

Cheers,

Rick
Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Rick, you have email.........

Quick Reply: Darin Fister Stage 11 Rocks