Sponsored by: DashLynx

Justice

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
allffy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I'll be honest, when it happened I was so shocked it threw me, I just went on auto pilot and kicking his *** just never came into the picture. I'm not a violent person by nature so I'm sure that had something to do with it and I was just in shock I suppose. It's funny coz I always though I would beat seven shades of sh*t out of someone if I caught them in the act. Just goes to show ya

I've calmed down a bit now and although going through with the interview sounds great and would really freak him out I don't think I should involve work in this matter. I'm going to report him to the Police and I think that would teach him a better lesson (if the cop is cool he could drop into his work to have a chat). I'm going to call him tomorrow and let him know why he lost a really good opportunity.

I know you are all saying noooooooooooooooooooooooo right now, but in the cold light of day it would only be to see the look on his face, I've already seen that when I caught him and it was priceless. All my mates and a few of you reckon it would be foolish to go through with it and I tend to agree. Too much to lose and not a lot to gain

I just wanna get my car fixed and get on with driving it
Old 07-20-2008, 01:34 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Are you 100% positive it is him that is coming in for the interview???? If you are not 100% sure, I would wait for him to show up and if it is, ask him to leave...and tell him he missed a great opportunity, plain and simple. If there is even the slightest chance it is not him, but somebody with the same name then you might make a mistake. You are absolutely not involving work by just making sure it is him in person and then asking him to leave. No interview..nothing. If by some chance somebody different shows up then you will certainly be glad you did this.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,845 Likes on 1,723 Posts

Originally Posted by allffy
Too much to lose and not a lot to gain
Cool heads prevail...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
allffy
Advanced

Oh it is him alright, I've got his business card and it's the same company he is currently working in on his CV
Old 07-20-2008, 02:46 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As stated previously, since you already received consideration for the damage, the case may be "closed" from the police standpoint. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't respond at all.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
avidtest
Racer

In the long run, you may regret not following through with this and at least spending five minutes in the interview to let him know he eff'ed up, that he's a real douche, and that he's lucky his face didn't make an even bigger dent in your door (one on one interview w/ no recording of course).

Time wasted? I think not. The principle of the matter trumps the small amount of productive time you'll lose. I've got a real problem with thieves and vandals who have no respect for the property that others have worked long and hard to obtain.

Kudos to you that at least you're having the cops arrest him.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Allffy,

In the cold light of the day it sounds like like you are becoming afraid of what could happen.

Let me ask you this, is he qualified for the job? If he is then you should interview him. Who knows the ****** might be a good fit. If he is a good fit he could be a hard worker and you could show him what class looks like.

If not it will show him that acting like an idiot hurts oneself.

You do not know. I say interview him.

It will be a good story over a pint later.

Cheers
Old 07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

However you handle it, the police should be involved. They don't have to know he already paid until they have shown up and confronted this piece of sh*t.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
shamrock
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know al , on mature reflection, you're right ..

We're all going to say , 'interview him and then kick his *** out' , but if any of us were in the same position , I reckon we'd not mix our work place with this type of scum.
Best leave revenge to the embittered!

I was thinking of your plight today cos I parked the car outside the local 'Lidl' store.. Plenty of chance that the sort of bozos that would knock a ding in my car would be in the area , but I decided to do my shop anyway (it's great for the cheap throw away car stuff!!). I've been parking my 911 outside lidl for years now with nothing but complimentary looks or remarks and of course today ws no different.
I feel that you've been very unlucky , I also think that if you believe in God/karma/whatever you're havin' , you're doing the right thing not getting further down the road with this gob****e!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think anyone should ever regret taking the high road.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:23 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

If you are sure it's the guy, I agree it's probably the right thing to do. As much as it would be incredibly sweet to go through with all the painful things folks have suggested, it's probably not the best choice to involve your employer.

If you aren't 100% sure, then I'd also let him come in and as soon as you see/confirm it, tell him to leave since he won't have a shot at it now. Sounds like you're pretty confident it's him though.

Glad you caught him!! I also am not sure I would have been so calm about the whole thing. Kudos.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 PM
matt777
Drifting

I just keep my distance from people I don't like or trust.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
You're in business for profit not revenge. Forget the guy. Let him show up, if it's the same guy, politely cancel the interview. He'll leave there with a lesson learned. You'll feel a whole lot better going home.

You're already up on the guy. The damage is paid for and you have just saved yourself from hiring a very potentially damaging bad apple.

You didn't get where you are in life by reacting to a bad sitution with another potentially bad one.
+1...Let him show up, cancel the interview and walk out.No point in lowering yourself to his level.

Just MHO...
Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

When I was younger my father lent me his Hummer for a hot date I was going on. I caught a guy spitting on the windsheild.

I made him climb up on the hood and wipe it off with his shirt, in front of all his buddys.

In your case I think I would have been throwing punches the second I seen the foot touch the door.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:18 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Update?

Quick Reply: Justice