rooster20
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buckwheats..bu.bu.buu....BUCKWHEATS!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

sweet revenge.....be careful though. if you nail him too bad-and hes obviously an irrational idiot for kicking you car for no reason in the first place- since he knows where you work and he knows your car you could be in for some long term retaliation.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
mikestash
Racer

A) Full presentation. Tell him you are videoing candidates as well since public speaking is important so he has to practice. Video tape the presentation and then make sure you video when he walks in.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by mikestash
A) Full presentation. Tell him you are videoing candidates as well since public speaking is important so he has to practice. Video tape the presentation and then make sure you video when he walks in.
Great idea.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy your revenge Go with your original plan A. Let him squirm through the entire interview and presentation. Then tell him you'll be in touch. Now that;s justice.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:52 PM
allffy
Advanced

Some great ideas, taping the presentation is a real good idea. I think we are all agreed that he is gonna do the interview. I mentioned it to my boss ( a good guy and a car lover) and he wants to sit in on the interview. I should sell tickets
The problem is I cant mention the incident during the interview (legal stuff) but I dont think I'll have to. He lists football as a hobby, I reckon his kicking skills would be a good starting point.

I also have his CV with his current employers address. I could be real bad but I will restrain myself

I'm sure it's the same guy coz the employers address is just around the corner from where it happened.

Thats true he will know where I work and what car I drive, but I know where he lives coz his address is on his CV

On a positive note a friend of mine thinks the dint will just pop out, an hours work max
Old 07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

OMG, it would almost be worth a dent to actually see the ***** do it and catch him. But to be in YOUR situation could only happen in the movies. So yes, film it!

I do have to also agree with friar93, however. Maybe you could also get a restraining order after the interview.

Keep us posted next week, please.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

Thread of the year!!!!!! I can't wait till Monday
Old 07-18-2008, 01:13 PM
cdmdriver
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking from experience, I came out from my office one day to find my P car keyed from the passenger door all the way down the rear quarter panel. I was devastated. Even though you can get it repainted, you worry about the colors matching etc.. Needless to say, every time I went out to my car and saw the scratch, I thought about how much I wanted to beat the Cr$@p out of that dirtbag!

Make that scum suffer for all the innocent victims out there. More importantly, teach that guy a lesson so that he will think twice about doing that to another person.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Do NOT cancel the interview...and PLEASE PLEASE video tape it and post it on YouTube so we can see his reaction when he finds out it's you.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
95FL993CAB
Three Wheelin'

I am not sure about the legalities of posting the video, taken on private property, without his consent. On the other hand, I agree with you "showing" up half way. Last but not least, if his current employers do not know he is hunting for a new position, you can always call for references
Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM
fixedgame
Instructor

I love it! The interview must goes on.

I admire you for showing great composure when catching the guy in the act. If it were me, we would both be in jail.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore

I can't believe the circumstances. Just incredible that you caught the tool bag kicking your car and even more amazing that he has an interview with you.

Really, quite sweet justice.

Justice and Plain Ol' KARMA baby KARMA!!!

I really truly hate that you had your car damaged, but gee..... How many people can tell your story?

I can tell I'm going to LOVE the way this story ends.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
You're in business for profit not revenge. Forget the guy. Let him show up, if it's the same guy, politely cancel the interview. He'll leave there with a lesson learned. You'll feel a whole lot better going home.

You're already up on the guy. The damage is paid for and you have just saved yourself from hiring a very potentially damaging bad apple.

You didn't get where you are in life by reacting to a bad sitution with another potentially bad one.
I agree. You already know the guy is an immature and vindictive asshat so there's no way you would want him in your company. So why waste your time? You should definitely confirm that this is the same asshat first.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:06 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Cool A very interesting decision.

Go for it! He is getting a lifechanging wake up call on Monday! It may do him alot of good in the long run.

I give you alot of credit for keeping your composure when at the scene. This is truly a rare circumstance to catch one of these losers in action!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Justice