Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dach 200 Cell Cats Installed Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 PM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, have a question....Are the Dach-X and Dach 200 cell sport cats one and the same?

Suspension sorted, now looking at upgrading the exhaust...toss up between RSR's and LPMM's

apologies if hijacking...haven't figured that one out....
Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
fb47243
Too Old To Remember My First Time
Lifetime Rennlist

^^^^^^^^^^^^

No problem.....

Chris....your phone's ringing....you gonna answer.

JBH...send Chris (993inNC)a PM he might get that first.

Where you at in North Jersey?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FisterD
Cactus, you talkin' smack?!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fb47243
^^^^^^^^^^^^

No problem.....

Chris....your phone's ringing....you gonna answer.

JBH...send Chris (993inNC)a PM he might get that first.

Where you at in North Jersey?
Nope, my phone no ringy dingy.

But in answer to the question. The pipes all start life the same.......X-pipes. The pipes get 200 cell cats installed in them and become 200 cell X-pipes. But one ends up a by-pass X-pipe and one ends up a sport cat X-pipe.
And to answer the upcoming question...............yes they (sport cat X-pipes) are a whole lot more $$ than LPMM's or RSR's or even our version DACH R's.
But don't forget the muffs are for noise and the pipes are for either power/noise (X-pipes) or power/noise/legality (sport cat X-pipes)

Hope that helps
Old 03-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Marlon
Drifting

Chris - is there a link for a dyno run showing the X -pipe with cats over stock cats???

mar
Originally Posted by 993inNC
Nope, my phone no ringy dingy.

But in answer to the question. The pipes all start life the same.......X-pipes. The pipes get 200 cell cats installed in them and become 200 cell X-pipes. But one ends up a by-pass X-pipe and one ends up a sport cat X-pipe.
And to answer the upcoming question...............yes they (sport cat X-pipes) are a whole lot more $$ than LPMM's or RSR's or even our version DACH R's.
But don't forget the muffs are for noise and the pipes are for either power/noise (X-pipes) or power/noise/legality (sport cat X-pipes)

Hope that helps
Old 03-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Marlon
Drifting

regarding seat of the pants or dyno: Survey says?!?!?!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

MINE ARE NOT HERE YET! DAM, I want them, it's been months!
Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here you are. Will do another run next week or so tosee if the dme adjusted a bit more after 2000 miles and two trackdays. Will post that also later.
Have fun
Henk
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Marlon
Drifting

To me, RSR's sound like a very slightly 'louder' 993. LPMMs are intoxicating. Both have a unique aural signature - it's all what you want. I listened to RSRs, but rolled the dice and went with the LPMMs 'sound unheard' so to speak. I couldn't be happier. I am contemplating the Dach X, but the car is going to be a little louder still. I think I'll hang on to my stock cans in case the Dach is too loud for DD activity thru my LPMMs.

Originally Posted by J.B.H.
Guys, have a question....Are the Dach-X and Dach 200 cell sport cats one and the same?

Suspension sorted, now looking at upgrading the exhaust...toss up between RSR's and LPMM's

apologies if hijacking...haven't figured that one out....

Last edited by Marlon; 03-23-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:58 AM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info guys...I feel my wallet getting light again...BTW Bill, I'm in Hawthorne, NJ...
Ok, so looks like I'm going either stock cats for now with LPMM's or..DachX sport cats with DACH-R's and the wife finally divorces me....hmmmm
Do you think LPMM's with stock cats are fine for a DD?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Marlon
Drifting

I am very conservative when it comes to 'modding' my car for DD use (I got my 'fill' of modding with a couple 95' Chevy Impala SS cars). Anyway, I fretted for almost a year before buying a set of used 993 cans and having them sent to Darin for the LPMM mod. I installed them yesterday and my wife was walking the dog down the driveway just as I had backed the car out of the garage. She walked up to the window and asked me what I had done. She said that I wasted 175 bucks because she could not hear the difference standing next to my idling car - even when I revved it. But I can hear the difference - it is obvious and subtle and the same time. The car revs a teeny bit freerer too. Sounds like what the car should have sounded like with a factory 'sound' package, but not overly so. I am very impressed: not 'over the top', but still noticable. If you can find a set of used cans, buy them and have them sent to Darin for the mod. Then if you don;t like it, I pretty much gaurantee you can sell the modded cans. I wasted too much time fretting and wringing my hands on whether or not to do it. When I found the used cans as a donor for the mod - it was a no-brainer. The car remains perfectly drivable as a DD and picks up no weird quirks or peculiarities that accompany a lot of the mod scene.
BTW: you can use either Bischoff or Gillet mufflers - they fit any of the 993's. I am using Gillets on my Bischoff-equipped 95 993.

So there - you are running out of excuses and explanations. And this is probably the absolute cheapest, hassle free, max-bang-for-the-buck mod there is.

Tarry not and "get 'er dun".

Thanks for the info guys...I feel my wallet getting light again...BTW Bill, I'm in Hawthorne, NJ...
Ok, so looks like I'm going either stock cats for now with LPMM's or..DachX sport cats with DACH-R's and the wife finally divorces me....hmmmm
Do you think LPMM's with stock cats are fine for a DD?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 AM
J.B.H.
Rennlist Member

Thanks for trying to talk me out of it Marlon! What's the cost to get the cans modded and turnaround time? Also, how do you add the "notable" section to your post profie? I'm still pretty new to Rennlist...
Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Marlon
Drifting

175 for the mod + shipping to get your cans there and shipping to get them back. Very cheap and very fast in the grand scheme of things. Turnaround time was a day or two I think. Click on 'User CP' in the upper LH of the screen to update your signature, etc.

Thanks for trying to talk me out of it Marlon! What's the cost to get the cans modded and turnaround time? Also, how do you add the "notable" section to your post profie? I'm still pretty new to Rennlist...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Adding sports cats or bypass pipes will make your car quite a bit louder (though better!) so keep that in mind.

Cheers,

David
Old 03-26-2008, 08:25 PM
993inNC
Race Car

well you've got to be careful with that statement, thats not really true. The cats still muffle the sound to some degree, and if used with stock muffs don't really add much sound at all. In fact with stock non motorsound muffs, there's hardly a change in sound. Sound all depends on which pieces are being used with which pieces. You can go mild or wild depending on the combination.

Quick Reply: Dach 200 Cell Cats Installed Today