Love my HID mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW, I just decided to go with the OEM Litronics retrofit kit (from Sunset Imports). It's at the garage this week for install, fewer questions and no hassles.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I got superslim 6000K HIDs as well... perfect match for my polar silver coupe. Just a hint of blue. Very pleased.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
I got superslim 6000K HIDs as well... perfect match for my polar silver coupe. Just a hint of blue. Very pleased.
Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1

The auction mentiones you lose high beams entirely but the way I read it, that's only for 9007, 9004, H13.

Ours is the H1 so what happens with the high beam? Do you still have the regular high beam or you lose it?

Also, is this just plug & play, no splicing the wires etc. needed?
Did you get the same kit from eBay (link that was posted) and if yes was it just plug & play and how about the long beams?

TIA.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Q
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
Does installing the HIDs disable the existing high beams or just make them less relevant given the increased brightness of the HIDs in low beam mode?
+1
The auction mentiones you lose high beams entirely but the way I read it, that's only for 9007, 9004, H13.
Ours is the H1 so what happens with the high beam? Do you still have the regular high beam or you lose it?
Also, is this just plug & play, no splicing the wires etc. needed?
A normal HID kit SHOULD NOT interfere with your highbeam ....they are two seperate bulbs, with seperate wiring.
Jeffrey's take on it is spot on.
HID's are so good, highbeam is not required as often.
...and there is only marginal increase in light when they are used.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you get the same kit from eBay (link that was posted) and if yes was it just plug & play and how about the long beams?

TIA.
I found mine on ebay based on a 20-page thread on HIDs on this forum about 1-2 months ago. I chose the 6000K option and was very pleased with the outcome.

www.klighthidsystem.com

Bought bullet connectors at the local hardware store and install took all of 30 minutes. I liked the bullet connector idea, as I didn't have to cut any wires and can go back to stock or replace with new HID units very easily.

Coincidentally, those bullet connectors came in very handy, as I was able to plug them right into the passenger seat power plug (replaced seats with recaro profi spg's) to draw power for my helmet intercom system.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Bought bullet connectors at the local hardware store and install took all of 30 minutes. I liked the bullet connector idea, as I didn't have to cut any wires and can go back to stock or replace with new HID units very easily.
Humm, the kit I picked up did need any splicing, came with all the correct connectors, just unplug, & plug in the new kit.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:29 AM
sdcabrio
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Humm, the kit I picked up did need any splicing, came with all the correct connectors, just unplug, & plug in the new kit.
Me too. I spliced nothing. I could reverse (I don't know why I ever would) to stock in about 3/4 minutes a side.

Quick Reply: Love my HID mod