Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 11:51 AM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

...carpet wet?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
...carpet wet?
Lets hope not!! Im not up for another one of those for a long time!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:46 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Hopefully Truantlkn is out enjoying his new ride...............................
Old 06-16-2008, 08:29 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

............. Well, what do I say? It is a nice car. Transportation was a total disaster. I paid for the car on the 28th and I didn't get it until Saturday night. The drivers said they deliver "sometime this weekend" (makes the cable guy seem prompt). Then I got a call saying 7pm, but no call after and they didn't show up until 10:30. Oh well. As with any 14 year old car it has signs of some wear but over all it is in very good condition. One thing is for sure, it is absolutly fast as hell and a riot to drive. There is no doubt it is also one of the sexiest cars on the road from any year.

There is one issue that has me perplexed; a noise I have no idea what it is. Perhaps you guys can help me out?

When accelerating from around 2500rpm with 25% throttle there is a noise from what sounds like the rear end. It's not a grinding noise, nor is it a squeel. It's more in the middle of the two, like a higher pitched whine. It only happens with exactly that much throttle applied, no more and no less. There is no vibration or anything like that. Do you have any ideas?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Kcreager1
Racer

Ok - I have to join in. I am in San Antonio and have been trying to help a work buddy to find a 993 turbo to buy. He is a professional at a large (fortune 150) company in the IT area and makes very good money, he is also a large black man. I took him to the Victory Website, and suggested that he call them and arrange a time to meet. He is from Houston, knew exactly where thier shop was, and took my advice. When he got there the following weekend (3 hour drive) he met the sales person at the appointed time. He was able to look at the cars, but when he was interested in one the salesman said, "I don't think any of the turbos are going out today". There were no weather conditions and he called from San Antonio the week before specifically to see this car. He arranged his finaces before the trip and was treated like that. I can find no explaination for this and was frankly embarrased that I had sent him to call or see these cars. I have heard bad things about them, but they have a good, close selection of the cars I love. Never again - I don't deal with people who are jerks, life is too short.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:31 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
There is one issue that has me perplexed; a noise I have no idea what it is. Perhaps you guys can help me out?

When accelerating from around 2500rpm with 25% throttle there is a noise from what sounds like the rear end. It's not a grinding noise, nor is it a squeel. It's more in the middle of the two, like a higher pitched whine. It only happens with exactly that much throttle applied, no more and no less. There is no vibration or anything like that. Do you have any ideas?
What did you buy? A Carrera, C4, Turbo? Any sort of gear whine, gear lash noises or the like would cause me a bit of lost sleep. I would have this properly looked at be a competent local, independent Porsche shop and then post the results here. If it is something that could become costly, you'll probably have a tough time squeezing anything out of the fine folks at Victory (with no PPI on your part). Good luck!

Andreas
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

It's a Turbo model, 41k miles
Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 PM
joey c
Pro

fucck robert...he is a liar...i am soooo lucking i got a ppi...he is a real piece of shiit
Old 06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

It's a Turbo model, 41k miles
Could have something to do with the AWD system (viscous coupler/center bearing/etc.) Have it looked at ASAP and let us know what you find out.

Andreas
Old 06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Uh...the turbo???
Old 06-17-2008, 12:02 AM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Randy 1, are you suggesting the grinding noise i am describing is the turbo?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in Houston and have been to his place twice (once old location then new). I sort my Ebay listings by Distance. I page down past his ads.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Randy 1, are you suggesting the grinding noise i am describing is the turbo?
I was somewhat joking around. Something that's not quite a squeal, but more of a high pitched whine could have been construed to be a turbo whistle.

Nevertheless, if I was you and I'd bought a car from a dealer with a reputation like Victory, the very first thing I'd do is take it to a reputable shop for a post-transaction PPI to have the thing properly sorted, and have its faults cataloged by a worthwhile mechanic. Fat chance you'll get anything back from the sale, but at least you'll have peace of mind of what the car needs.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Randy, I have just dropped it off at a Porsche dealer to do a full inpsection and compression test. I have had correspondance with Robert Neal of Victory Motors, Victory Motorcars, and his response is truly amazing. I will be posting all of our emails on this site to try and educate every potential buyer as to the total fraud he and his dealership is. I am confident you all will find this very entertaining, to say the least. Truly unbelievable. I will name the thread "Victory Motorcars -- WARNING!!!!".

Are there any other forums anyone would like to recommend I post this on?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Randy, I have just dropped it off at a Porsche dealer to do a full inpsection and compression test. I have had correspondance with Robert Neal of Victory Motors, Victory Motorcars, and his response is truly amazing. I will be posting all of our emails on this site to try and educate every potential buyer as to the total fraud he and his dealership is. I am confident you all will find this very entertaining, to say the least. Truly unbelievable. I will name the thread "Victory Motorcars -- WARNING!!!!".
You will be doing a great favor to the Porsche community, as well as future Porsche owners who may consider buying from this scoundrel.

Let us know the results of the inspection, in this case, a Post Purchase Inspection...

Andreas

Quick Reply: Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?