Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:23 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
How sad has this thread turned out. No victory for Victory, a really oxymoronic name, isnt it?

The 'folks' at Victory honestly do not know how expensive good advertisement and marketing is, rather the value of it. Meaning, stepping up to take care of their customers cannot be worth the rather poor reputation they seem to continue to maintain.

At this rate, printing their 2009 calendars may be a gamble and perhaps presumptuous.
Chris, what do you mean? They sold him a car. The customer is unhappy and they send off a form letter. The customer decides NOT to do anything about it and just sucks it up. Who actually won here? I say it is Victory. Not everyone that will buy a 911 will have researched them now are they probably a Rennlister/Pelican. Many ae just guys cruising Ebay and wanting to buy a car. Im sure that there are enough customers to keep their calendar in print. Lots of fish in the sea. Just too bad it was one of our own.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you speak as if a little internet press is going to cause Mr Neal to close his doors. Wrong. He has a business model. It's to buy cars cheap at auction, detail the hell out of them and sell them for market prices. It's different than Holt and others who buy nice cars, detail the hell out of them and sell them for premium prices. There will always be buyers for both, I claim. I'm not interested in buying from Victory, and didn't want to pay the Holt premium. I bought from a Rennlister and had a great experience, but buying used cars from private parties can be problematic as well. There is no magic out there. Caveat emptor.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:51 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

I think the point in their business model that we object to is the repeated dishonesty and misrepresentation.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993Maineiac
I think the point in their business model that we object to is the repeated dishonesty and misrepresentation.
I didn't say it was admirable, or that I liked it. But I do think the dishonesty and misrepresentation is working for them and is unlikely to change.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraX
The customer is unhappy and they send off a form letter. The customer decides NOT to do anything about it and just sucks it up.
I didnt realize the buyer isnt planning on doing anything about the problems, whatever they may be.

Anyhow, the way I see it, if it were my business, I certainly wouldnt want to read ANYTHING negative on line or hear about it in my showroom. Yep -- things do happen to used cars that are unforeseen.

Eventually, Victory's reputation will get noticed by their 'general market share' and business will be affected. What is the first thing one does when looking at buying a used car? The search online.

Look what is on the front page of a Google search:

Old 06-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RutgersU
I'm betting all customers get a calendar with the letter reprinted on every page.
Or, they could insert the picture below on certain pages in the calendar for a bit of variety.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

It's comforting to know they offer a warranty. Wonder if it says,

"Just don't try bringing your troubles back here."
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

The warranty is actually through a national company, and I think it's pretty much independent of Victory.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

Originally Posted by Reddy Kilowatt
The warranty is actually through a national company, and I think it's pretty much independent of Victory.
I know - guess I should have used one or more of these:

Old 06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Maineiac
Outside of the legendarily-fraudulent fake owner's manuals and stamps, I don't think it's so much misrepresent, but rather under-represent. He either doesn't know what's wrong with his cars or, from a legal standpoint, doesn't want to. Either way, they're all universally presented as flawless gems. What lies beneath is pure mystery and can't be revealed in even the most thorough ebay listing.

Less vipers' den, more crap shoot in my book. Either way, it's tough to buy a car when there's no history, either verbal or through records.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:18 AM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Robert Neal knows exactly what goes on at his dealership. I had dealings with him in the early 90's at his previous dealership and it didn't go well. I posted about my experience a long time ago so I won't go into my experience again just suffice it to say that he is slimy. Caveat emptor.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:44 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dp2boy
Robert Neal knows exactly what goes on at his dealership. I had dealings with him in the early 90's at his previous dealership and it didn't go well. I posted about my experience a long time ago so I won't go into my experience again just suffice it to say that he is slimy. Caveat emptor.
They do advertise in P.C.A. Pano, and for a lot of new comers that is the bible. i don't know if a word to the publishers would be in order, but at least it would erase the hear, see and do no evil atitude of the club.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't mean to defend Victory or their business practices, but some of you are acting as though every car they sell is a turd and every car at one of the higher end resellers is without stories. I would guess that Victory gets their share of no-story cars and I know of one instance where one of the so-called reputable dealers sold a rebuilt race car as a perfect un-molested example (to a guy that used to be here on Rennlist!).

I think the thing to keep in mind is that a commissioned (car) salesperson always has a conflict between his goals and yours.

Greg H.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg H.
I don't mean to defend Victory or their business practices, but some of you are acting as though every car they sell is a turd and every car at one of the higher end resellers is without stories. I would guess that Victory gets their share of no-story cars and I know of one instance where one of the so-called reputable dealers sold a rebuilt race car as a perfect un-molested example (to a guy that used to be here on Rennlist!).

I think the thing to keep in mind is that a commissioned (car) salesperson always has a conflict between his goals and yours.

Greg H.
The used car salesman has no conflict. His goals are paramount to him; your goals are not.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this link says it all. The best part is that I don't have to say it, so I am not in violation of my lovely form letter.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/por...8120547-1.html

Quick Reply: Victory Motors-100% positve eBay rating?