993 Forum 1995-1998

993s with LSD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
jeffz993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus Sem
If the disks are toast, what would the car feel like? What should I look for?

Thanks
Gus
'95 993 C2
I didnt see this post when I recently started one on this subject a few weeks ago. You asked what would it feel like ? My expeirence was the rear end would feel loose in the seat of your pants. really could feel it on long sweeping high speed turns. and progressivley got worse as time went on.
It currently is in the shop getting a Quafie lsd installed. This is my first p-car so dont have much to compare too. my e-30 m-3 could run circles around the 993 with the bad diff. I will know how much difference in about a week.
Jeff
Old 01-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Finally, a softball for me, slow pitch!

25% lock up on acceleration, 65% lock up on deceleration.
As to the querstion..."If the disks are toast, what would the car feel like? What should I look for?"
Maybe the above will be true, but the average guy may not notice. On the street, I could not really tell the difference in the cars performance, pre-Guard 4 clutch rebuild, or post.

I can feel it on the track though...be prepared for some new understeer (push) when you install a fully functioning LSD.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Gus Sem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jeffz993 -

Thanks for the reply. I bought my 993 about 7 years ago (w/12K miles). I'm a moderately experienced driver so "I think" I would be able to detect a difference. However, slight changes over time may not be as noticable. Also, I installed PSS9s last year which made it a very different (awesome) car. The car has 40K miles on it now and it tracked beautifully at Road America in the turns.

I guess I won't worry about it for now. I'll look for that rear-end loose (oversteer) feeling. Thanks for the feedback.

Gus

Quick Reply: 993s with LSD?