Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Midsize SUV or Crossover

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not too far off the radar for pricing. I havent paid much attention to Cayenne pricing but thats not a bad price.

Im thinking of getting rid of the Bronco and Explorer and purchasing a new SUV and the Cayenne is starting to look attractive, plus the C4 is almost paid off.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red911c2
+1
+2 on the Cayenne
Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Trevor-uk
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Having driven Freelanders for 3 years, a couple of years ago I auditioned replacement vehicles that would likely spend less time in the shop having warranty work done - X5 (3.0d) was uninspiring (and expensive when all the options were ticked), Murano came with all options as standard and was a fine drive (and better value) so won the day. I drive around 25k a year, mainly rural roads but need off-road from time to time, I often need to fill it with kids, trash, muddy site equipment. Considering my distaste for autos, the CVT box is a joy to use. It flies. On the large side for the UK (perhaps not so for the US), I find the capacity cavernous. Not a frugal vehicle, at 23 miles per (imperial) gallon, I will still be replacing it with a new one at around 70k miles next summer.

ps - no problems with it either!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We bought my wife the MDX after test driving the Honda Pilot, Volvo Cross Country, Mercedes GL450, Nissan Murano, Both Porsche CayenneS and Turbo, and BMW X5. All very nice, my best friend owns an X5, my college buddy sell Mercedes. We've owned ours for a year now and are quite pleased with the dealer service and vehicle performance. According to the many publications I've read, the MDX won't suffer from the high depreciation and low resale value of many of the vehicles we test drove.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 AM
endodoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drove new volvo xc70

kid of old school . not enough power and vague handling feel. have a touareg now -it's better in most respects but too heavy with no space for people or cargo. i think the new infinfity will at least have more power, handling ,technolgy,better gas mileage even though i t's small. like all of the crossovers. i wonder if i can get keyless remote for my 993?

Quick Reply: OT: Midsize SUV or Crossover