Notices

Disregard Please

Old 10-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

. . . and works of art in their own right.
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Portugal993
User

What model is that green porsche? Assuming it's a porsche because of the badge... never seen it before.
And the rims on the car on this page are jsut insane!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

the green car is a 906. the most amazingly beautiful car Porsche ever made IMO
Old 10-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Portugal993 View Post
What model is that green porsche? Assuming it's a porsche because of the badge... never seen it before.
And the rims on the car on this page are jsut insane!
Andy is correct; it's a 906. Not sure of its provenance, but it seems to be an early car since it lacks the front splitters.

The car on this page is an inline six cylinder, BMW M1 that was painted by Andy Warhol. The car raced at LeMans in 1979 and came in second in class. That was its only race, supposedly.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-28-2007 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Changed "last race" to "only race".
Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 AM
avidtest
User

Ho-ly Crap.

I'm proud (ashamed?) to say I just read this thread in it's entirety. I feel sick (elated?). Even though it was several pages ago (another lifetime for some?), I am still stuck on movie quotes. So here are some of the most memorable from the best sales movie ever made and will get this thread closer to 30 pages (why? I don't know.):

"PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN! Coffee is for closers."

"You got leads. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can't close the leads you're given, you can't close ****, YOU ARE ****, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going out."
"The leads are weak."
"The leads are weak? The ****ing leads are weak? You're weak! I've been in this business fifteen years..."
"What's your name?"
"**** you! That's my name. You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name.

"Your name is "you're wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you ****in' *******?! "

"Who are you? What's your name?
"You see this watch? You see this watch?
"Yeah."
"That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a ****. Good father, **** you! Go home and play with your kids! You wanna work here, close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you **********? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit?"

"A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's **** or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?"

and last but not least:

"We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize] Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

It's inspirational I tell you.

OK, I'm done, please disregard.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 AM
95 C4 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pjconner View Post
I'm turning 40 on Wednesday. I wish I could disregard that. Oh, and I get to spend the week in South Dakota! Everyone's birthday wish.
Born in Sioux Falls, SD. Or as some people say SueEx Falls.

SD isn't that bad...to visit!! Phesants, moral mushrooms, and some damn good Walleye!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:18 AM
avidtest
User

I lived in Huron, SD for four years when I was a kid. Just went back there two weeks ago (unfortunately, for a funeral).

The Black Hills are beautiful. As for the rest of the state.....not a lot there to float my boat.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Hank
User

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore View Post
Yes?
Thanks Mark.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Portugal993
User

I agree, the 906 is the best looking car I've ever seen!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
cabrio993
Super User

Please disregard...one of the few honest for sale ads I've seen.
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
993_Pilot
User

Originally Posted by cabrio993 View Post
Please disregard...one of the few honest for sale ads I've seen.
I did the same thing after getting a near identical response from my wife when I wanted to buy my bike as she was in her 8th month of pregnancy with our 2nd. Luckily, she came around, and I still have it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: