Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 AM
V
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European buyers beware: the scam continues...

LOL, I can't believe it! Check this out:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...e&pageNumber=2

Apparently the car sold (not positive though but it looks like it sold anyways).
I translated the text for your amusement:

"On my friends behalf I am selling this wonderful Porsche 993 2S, stick shift, in Turbo-look with Techart frontlip and turbo wing, 18 inch turbo wheels painted to match the car and with 4 new tires. The car was driven by a true Porsche Enthusiast and was in his private collection and is sold due to private circumstances. The car has been recently serviced. The car is currently located outside of the country and the price is including Dutch taxes, possibly also for germans to take the car to Germany. The car is (exterior and interior) like NEW, with a mileage of 32000km, this is really an investment and a real eye-turner on the street. As far as I know, the car is accident-free. Mileage and history of the car can be verified. Please serious inquiries only." etc etc

Maybe I got something wrong but fore the morepart it should be ok. At least I got a good laugh out of it..DANG someone needs to put an end to this
Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 656 Likes on 387 Posts

Asking 54,500 Euro? That's almost $80,000! Someone is going to be surprised and unhappy.....
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
RS man
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the European Spec Cars do not have loads of stickers in the rear. It is missing the Mobile 1 sticker or whatever oil sticker (mine has a Shell Helix which is starting to peel).

Harry
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
V
Drifting

Originally Posted by RS man
I think the European Spec Cars do not have loads of stickers in the rear. It is missing the Mobile 1 sticker or whatever oil sticker (mine has a Shell Helix which is starting to peel).

Harry
You are right. Euro spec. cars only have one sticker in the engine compartment (+ the mobil 1 sticker). Definately fishy for being a "Euro spec" car?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 60 Posts

We should point the new buyer to this thread.. I wonder if the domestic saturation of this thread lead the seller to find other places (mobile.de) to sell??

C/
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
The car was driven by a true Porsche Enthusiast and was in his private collection and is sold due to private circumstances.
I love it when people talk about their "collections," especially their "private collection." As opposed to what, their public collection? Does this guy think he's running a car museum or something? Can we buy tickets to see the public collection? What are the visiting hours?

Jackass car flippers do this all the time to try to obscure the fact that they buy and sell cars for a living. "Oh, this early 911S was in my collection, but I found another 911 that I simply must have in my collection, so this one unfortunately has to go." All of which is a trumped-up and deceitful way to describe basic buying and selling. What a bunch of garbage.

For the C2S in question, I wonder what else comprises the seller's "collection"? Probably an old bicycle and a Honda Civic. You're a real Jerry Seinfeld, douchebag.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
vivaleduc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seller mentions "his 76 911 SC"...never seeing one of those before either.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah
I love it when people talk about their "collections," especially their "private collection." As opposed to what, their public collection? Does this guy think he's running a car museum or something? Can we buy tickets to see the public collection? What are the visiting hours?

Jackass car flippers do this all the time to try to obscure the fact that they buy and sell cars for a living. "Oh, this early 911S was in my collection, but I found another 911 that I simply must have in my collection, so this one unfortunately has to go." All of which is a trumped-up and deceitful way to describe basic buying and selling. What a bunch of garbage.

For the C2S in question, I wonder what else comprises the seller's "collection"? Probably an old bicycle and a Honda Civic. You're a real Jerry Seinfeld, douchebag.
You make his private Porsche collection part of a Seinfeild routine (no pun intended)..... whats that all about )
Old 01-12-2008, 07:30 AM
V
Drifting

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/sh...e&pageNumber=1

Quick Reply: 1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????