Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL ... Another Ebay GEM!

That car has issues. Euro Spec my ***....

10 Top reasons to run away...

1) Front bumper is some fugly aftermarket front bumper, looks like it's fiberglass as well.

2) Rear Bumper is Euro alright, but no license plate holder. Has that car had a tag after all the repairs they did to it? Maybe can't get a CA Tag due to its salvage title?

3) Rear Turbo Wing and badge...yeah right... Euro Turbo maybe?

4) This car must have had bad rear damage. No engine stickers in the engine bay which points to more than just a respray and the rear light filler plate is even missing some screws.

5) Front fenders have both been replaced with Euro turn signals fenders...hmmmm I wonder which body panel is still original on this car...the sunroof maybe?

6) White gauges are aftermarket too, not original silver Porsche gagues with the warning light cutouts. Maybe that was an appropiate time to roll back the odometer a few thousand miles as well.

7) Look at the steering wheel and interior. Does that look like an 18,000 mile car to you? Please...maybe if pigs owned the car.

8) Heavy 19" wheels must be an Euro Spec thing too I guess...

9) For 18K miles, those seats make the supple leather option look harsh in comparison.

10) The seller besides being a crook is clearly an *******.

Run Forrest RUN!!!!
Attached Images       
Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its the turbo badge that makes his car faster
Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
allill
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hold on Cabrio993,

According to another thread by a guy with the same exact car as this one, those are Porsche wheels!

LOL.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
allill
Drifting

I wonder what happened to the passenger side armrest?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
LOL ... Another Ebay GEM!

That car has issues. Euro Spec my ***....

10 Top reasons to run away...

1) Front bumper is some fugly aftermarket front bumper, looks like it's fiberglass as well.

2) Rear Bumper is Euro alright, but no license plate holder. Has that car had a tag after all the repairs they did to it? Maybe can't get a CA Tag due to its salvage title?

3) Rear Turbo Wing and badge...yeah right... Euro Turbo maybe?

4) This car must have had bad rear damage. No engine stickers in the engine bay which points to more than just a respray and the rear light filler plate is even missing some screws.

5) Front fenders have both been replaced with Euro turn signals fenders...hmmmm I wonder which body panel is still original on this car...the sunroof maybe?

6) White gauges are aftermarket too, not original silver Porsche gagues with the warning light cutouts. Maybe that was an appropiate time to roll back the odometer a few thousand miles as well.

7) Look at the steering wheel and interior. Does that look like an 18,000 mile car to you? Please...maybe if pigs owned the car.

8) Heavy 19" wheels must be an Euro Spec thing too I guess...

9) For 18K miles, those seats make the supple leather option look harsh in comparison.

10) The seller besides being a crook is clearly an *******.

Run Forrest RUN!!!!
Wait a sec - it appears to have the Euro-only light leveler system next to the light switch. Hmmmm - maybe the car is an 'adulterated' Euro spec ride????
Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by allill
Hold on Cabrio993,

According to another thread by a guy with the same exact car as this one, those are Porsche wheels!

LOL.
Maybe an option in the Euro "Le Exclusive Catalogue", the same place were he ordered that front bumper from.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:31 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I emailed the seller for fun and here is his reply to the Top 10 Rennlist Questions be sure to read all the way to the bottom of the list!

1)yes
2)wrong
3)original wing, aftermarket badge
4)wrong again. it points to the fact that this car has never been to a US emissions lab. the badges are on the door jams.
5)original fenders
6)guages are silver, they may look white on your monitor
7) Yes, definitely
8)they are heavy. that is why i am including the original lightweights
9)black on black, parked outside tends to wear a bit faster
10) Wish I had seen question 10 before answering the first 9.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM
mii..

Someone sent me a link to this thread. At least people are talking. I can't quote every point I want to rebutt so I will just keep it general. The car is faster because it does have a different gear break down. The tail came on the car from the factory. I put the turbo badge on because I like it. It's my car, I own it, and I can put turbo badges all over the roof if I like. If you don't like it, don't buy it. My terms are very clear and straightforward, and if they are harsh, the market will speak and my reserve will not be met. It is very fair to allow full inspections before the listing ends and to cut off inspections once it's over. I don't see why that is a point, most sellers do that. I don't want to deal with tire kickers and cheapos that will attempt to work the price down after they have already reserved the car. It is an excellent investment but I have no passion for it anymore. You can actually dispute the fact that a C2S Euro that has skipped the U.S. emmissions lab and has a clean, non grey market, non salvage, carfax certified history and title is not going to go up in value? Since some of you have had the time to go back and read all of my posts, you should note that I intend on buying a Ferrari, or as we called it in that thread, a Spaghetti, do a search.

Let me also address some of the concerns over fraud. If it is in your nature to be suspicious at all times and to only find fault, then eBay in general is not for you because it is essentially based on trust. Someone made a thorough bashing and I want to address that in completion. They also emailed me through ebay, so here are the questions and I will answer them here for everyone to see:

1) Front bumper is aftermarket front bumper, looks like it's fiberglass as well?

2) Rear Bumper is Euro alright, but no license plate holder. Maybe can't get a CA Tag due to its salvage title?

3) Rear Turbo Wing and badge...Euro Turbo maybe?
4) This car must have had bad rear damage. No engine stickers in the engine bay which points to more than just a respray?

5) Front fenders have both been replaced with Euro turn signals fenders...which body panel is still original on this car...the sunroof maybe?

6) White gauges are aftermarket too, not original silver Porsche gagues with the warning light cutouts?

7) Look at the steering wheel and interior. Does that look like an 18,000 mile car to you?

8) Heavy 19" wheels must be an Euro Spec thing too I guess?

9) For 18K miles, those seats make the supple leather option look harsh in comparison?

10) The seller is honest?

Run Forrest RUN!!!!
1) yes and yes 2) no, rear bumper is stock but I removed the bumperettes and smoothed it out to give it a cleaner look. I still have the original bumperettes in perfect condition. How the hell can it have a salvaged title when it is carfax and autocheck certified and I have the clean CA title in hand and in my name? 3) I don't know what that means but I think I address it at the top of my post
4) Actually no. There is only one factory badge. This car never went to a U.S. emmissions lab which is where those badges come from. All of the other badges are in the door jams on both sides. Euro models are a little different, you have to be a little more understanding and less suspicious.
5) Why the hell would I replace my fenders? They are factory original. I don't think enough is known about Euro Spec models. Run a carfax. Notice that the car is a 1997 with a clear title but it was imported through Florida in 2003. I believe one of the photos is that of the odometer and tach where you can see the degrees in celsius. The vin number is clearly a non U.S. number just by the amount of Z's in it. You can't forge a Euro Spec dumb dumb.
6) Wrong again, gauges are silver. Bad photography or a lousy computer monitor may make them look white, but they are silver, as explicity mentioned in the listing.
7) Absolutely. When I sold my '95 C2 with 100k miles it looks like crap compared to this interior. The steering wheel shows almost no signs of wear and anything you are seeing is due to my photography, or as I mentioned above, your lousy computer monitor.
8) The wheels are heavy. I never hid that fact, and it was in my past posts. That is why I am including the factory turbo twists at no extra charge. Put on whatever set you like, it's not permanent.
9) Wrong again, see the car in person, the seats look great.
10) How do I answer that?

As for all of the name calling directed at me, I would appreciate it so much more if you told me how you felt in person.
5414 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles 90019
(310) 926-2511
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

If the car is from Europe and has original rear bumper, why did it have bumperettes?
(Euro cars don't have bumperettes)
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by miishmiish
The car is faster because it does have a different gear break down.
That's a far cry from your misleading ebay listing...
"THIS WILL BEAT ANY STOCK 993 OR 996 ON THE ROAD!!! ADD A PERFORMANCE CHIP AND KEEP UP WITH TURBOS!!!"

My terms are very clear and straightforward, and if they are harsh, the market will speak and my reserve will not be met.
I'm sure this statement from your auction would provide plenty of confidence to the prospective buyer...

"AGAIN, I WILL NOT ANSWER A-N-Y QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER, PROVIDE A-N-Y INSPECTIONS WHATSOEVER, OR NEGOTIATE WHATSOEVER ONCE THE LISTING IS CLOSED."

If it is in your nature to be suspicious at all times and to only find fault, then eBay in general is not for you because it is essentially based on trust.
Yes...I can also see from your ebay listing that ebay is for you because you are so trusting....

"THIS IS A FINAL AUCTION SALE, JUST LIKE ANY LIVE AUCTION. ONCE IT ENDS, THE PUCK HITS THE ICE AND YOU OWN THIS CAR, PERIOD! SO GET YOUR FINANCING, QUESTIONS, AND INSPECTIONS OVER WITH BEFORE BIDDING. NO EXCUSES AS I WILL PURSUE DEADBEAT BIDDERS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW AND I WILL GO AFTER YOUR ASSETS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR PAYCHECK, HOUSE, CAR, CREDIT RATING AND ANY OTHER ASSETS I CAN GET MY HANDS ON."

Also, if you are so "trusting" why did you change your ebay ID from "kenloghz" that you had since May 2002 to "euro-spec-motoring" on September 20 just to sell this car?

Mmmm...you are right...maybe I'm just paranoid.

This car never went to a U.S. emmissions lab which is where those badges come from. .
So this car is not SMOG certified? How do you get your emissions tag every year? I thought that for cars to be allowed to be imported to the US they must comply with US Emissions laws. More so in California.

I believe one of the photos is that of the odometer and tach where you can see the degrees in celsius..
Please...that would make my Audi a Euro Spec A4! The only thing in celsius in your picture is the temperature reading on the Onboard Computer and you can change that to Farenheit if you wish. The rest of the odometer and other gauges are in US measurements (MPH, etc), not metric.

Wrong again, gauges are silver. Bad photography or a lousy computer monitor ..
Maybe it is that my lousy computer monitor covered all of the warning lights were there should be the stock cutouts as well. It takes a very advanced computer monitor to do that don't you think? Monitor with Photoshop built-in!

When I sold my '95 C2 with 100k miles it looks like crap compared to this interior. The steering wheel shows almost no signs of wear and anything you are seeing is due to my photography, or as I mentioned above, your lousy computer monitor...
Really? So I guess that would make this interior look brand new then. Almost like it has 18K miles. Damn monitor!

That is why I am including the factory turbo twists at no extra charge. ...
So...you are providing the 2 sets? According to your ebay listing the buyer must chose...so what is it?

"Also, I do have the original turbo twist wheels, original bumpers, and tail lights if the buyer prefers."

As for all of the name calling directed at me, I would appreciate it so much more if you told me how you felt in person....
As for the name calling, I apologize. I agree that the ******* part was uncalled for.

Thanks for the invitation to meet you in person, but it has been a long time since High School for me.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hello,

If the car is from Europe and has original rear bumper, why did it have bumperettes?
(Euro cars don't have bumperettes)
Damn! Good one! I missed that one!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott
Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
allill
Drifting

Look at the photos of the rear of the car and the engine compartment. The tail lights in the photo with the decklid down look smoked or painted with a smoke effect. The photo of the engine shows regular lights. Are these photos of the same car?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
mii..

Edit: yes, same car, the photos of the engine were taken a couple months ago.

Actually the 993 comes with bumperettes even in Europe. The guage only shows celcius, not farenheit. The car is smog certified, and if you invest the $20 and get a carfax, you will see that, and then you can rant with some knowledge behind your faulty accusatory statements. Why would anyone voluntarily take a euro porsche to the U.S. emissions lab to get neutered? The car runs faster and more efficiently the way it is. And yes, I am providing the two sets, I have the original front bumper and lights, the rear bumperettes, and the turbo twist wheels which I plan on getting painted black and putting on brand new tires as a small gift for the new owner. Lastly, I changed my user ID to Euro-Spec-Motoring because that is the name of a 15 year old business I just acquired. I certainly hope it helps sell the car, most successful people use every available tool around them to increase capital. I don't see where the shame is, especially since there is a big icon next to my user ID indicating that I just changed it, and when you click it, you get my entire history on eBay. So transparent and yet somehow this is sinister to you....

Quick Reply: 1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????