Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

You can also see that the glove box doesn't close fully. Yet more evidence that this is not an "enthusiast-owned" 993. This car appears totally neglected, which is a shame.

As for the rear bumperettes, it's likely that they had to be added to get the car imported into the U.S. Then he had them removed. No biggie. Plenty of reasons to be distrustful of this seller, but that's not one of them.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
mii..

This is going to be my final post and then I will close my account.

I take issue with the overall tone of hostility, suspicion, and maliciousness most of you have taken with me. I doubt that the creator of Rennlist intended for this forum to be used as a "lions den". There are a lot of things I don't know, but I do know how to behave like a human being. I also know that my opinion of my car, which I have driven and worked on is going to be a more accurate opinion because none of you have actually seen it in person. Everything you know is based on what I have told you, and you have made up all the rest. Who said this car was wrecked? Why the hell would I buy a wrecked car? This must be my 20th+ Porsche, I think by now I know how to pick out a simple car. I don't know why there aren't so many badges on the back but I do know that the main support beam is original and has no tool marks on it which means it was never hit, and never repaired. The badge that is on there does have the firing order and instead of mobil one sticker, it has some other sticker of some other company in another language. That's the thing with Euro cars, you can't just assume you know everything because these cars are shipped to dozens, and maybe hundreds of countries around the world. Not just Germany and North America. The car was weathered from being out in the sun and it is a shame, but I brought her back to life and I think I did a hell of a job. (I discussed it in great detail in my previous posts, it's no secret) If you don't think it's a good job, then you don't think so. She's mechanically perfect, no leaks, no smoke, everything works perfectly, the new owner will have nothing but joy and pleasure with this car. And lastly, I have no idea why the guages look the way the do. I have all the same lights as I do in my 95 but they light up behind the silver, there are no cutouts. How can you be sure they are aftermarket if it's a non U.S. vehicle, and why would anyone go through the trouble of changing them?

I'm tired of this. This forum is far too negative for my taste. It's another beautiful SoCal afternoon and I won't waste another key stroke on this mindless bickering.

This forum has been a terrible experience from start to finish.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

well, don't let the door hit you.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by miishmiish
I also know that my opinion of my car, which I have driven and worked on is going to be a more accurate opinion because none of you have actually seen it in person. Everything you know is based on what I have told you, and you have made up all the rest.
But your stated opinion of your car is actually highly misleading. You say in the auction:

Exterior is immaculate and could sit in a museum; not a dent, ding, or scratch on the entire body. I repeat, not one single dent, ding, or scratch on the entire body...I had a thorough mechanical inspection of the vehicle and everything came back clean as expected.
But now you've revealed that the car has been repainted -- which in and of itself is not a big deal, except that you put on a big show in your auction about how rare and valuable the car is, and what an "appreciating asset" it will be. But you know as well as everyone on this forum does that a repainted 993, especially a repainted 993 of a rare type such as a C2S, is not as valuable, and never will be as valuable, as one with original paint -- which is of course exactly why you didn't mention this fact amidst the hyperbole of your ebay auction.

So pardon us all if we find it difficult to listen to your poor-me routine with a straight face. Your auction is misleading in a serious way, and frankly if I was the winning bidder and found out that the car had been resprayed, I'd be going after your paychecks and assets, not the other way around.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:07 PM
eivind911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm....interesting thread this..... My only comment is that euro spec porsches DO have i higher premium in europe at least.....
Old 10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
ppashley
Burning Brakes

Gotta love Rennlist.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
well, don't let the door hit you.
... in the ***.

Scott
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Originally Posted by mii..
I do know how to behave like a human being.
From your auction:

"...I WILL PURSUE DEADBEAT BIDDERS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT OF THE LAW AND I WILL GO AFTER YOUR ASSETS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR PAYCHECK, HOUSE, CAR, CREDIT RATING AND ANY OTHER ASSETS I CAN GET MY HANDS ON."

Great human being...

For every action, there is an equally opposing reaction. Rather than point fingers at the forum, you should first look at your representations, responses and actions. They are the source of the hostility you're experiencing. As you can see, there seems to be a big discrepancy between how you view yourself and how others view you. Maybe this is a good time for some self-reflection?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:43 PM
mesa87
Advanced

Damn, just when I was going to sell my car to buy his...you guys ruined it
Old 10-06-2007, 03:03 AM
T Rip
Intermediate

This thread is a good example of unintended consequences. The tone of the ebay auction turned people off. So instead of buying the car, people scrutinize it and the owner. Whatever the facts, the result is undesirable for both the seller and any buyer.

In business, "The taste of the roast is determined by the handshake of the host."
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sleazebay sucks....If you're a serious Porsche seller working with educated buyers, sleazebay is a joke. It's populated by people trying to buy flawless cars below what they are worth and people trying to sell flawed cars for more than they are worth. I sold my 993 to a rennlist member in Canada. I had a PPI done, sent him tons of pictures, all repair and modification receipts. He never saw the car in person, although I encouraged him to do so. Sent me a cashier check with the signed title. He sent a transport two weeks later to get the car. It was a great experience for both of us. There are still honest people in the world.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane993
Sleazebay sucks....If you're a serious Porsche seller working with educated buyers, sleazebay is a joke. It's populated by people trying to buy flawless cars below what they are worth and people trying to sell flawed cars for more than they are worth. I sold my 993 to a rennlist member in Canada. I had a PPI done, sent him tons of pictures, all repair and modification receipts. He never saw the car in person, although I encouraged him to do so. Sent me a cashier check with the signed title. He sent a transport two weeks later to get the car. It was a great experience for both of us. There are still honest people in the world.
Duane;
I agree with your post. But my question is about your signature line. I see the no new cars from '85-'95 and see the note. What about from '95-'06? Is that the second marriage or when the kids came?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:08 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Very informative thread!! Adds new meaning to "let the buyer beware"
Gotta love the list

Jack
Old 10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mii..
Why would anyone voluntarily take a euro porsche to the U.S. emissions lab to get neutered? The car runs faster and more efficiently the way it is.
Does the car include European fuel to run on the Euro 'tuning'??

Quick Reply: 1997 "euro spec" carrera s on fleabay?????