Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:30 PM
pwhite52
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

purchase price: $35,000
purchase date: Oct. 2013
mileage: 48,000
state or country where purchased: ID
Model year: 1996
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Arena Red/ Cashmere
tip or manual: Tip
NA or turbo: NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: updated stereo with amp -very original car
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 (no history other than Carfax)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (Front bumper cover not perfectly aligned & small rock chip in windsheild)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8.5 (very minor oil seepage, suspension needs renewed)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private
How many previous owners?: 4
Accident history: yes/no?? No accidents.
Please list any factory installed options: Arena RedMetallic Paint, LSD, Tiptronic, Power Comfort Seats 18" Techno Wheels
Old 11-16-2013, 10:53 AM
rickdm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purchase price: $54,000
mileage: 32,000
state or country where purchased: Texas
C2 or C4: C4S
color: Black/Black
tip or manual: Manual
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Leather GT3 seats, HRE 19" wheels, JCI coil overs, TRG anti-sway bars, WEVO engine mounts, RS short shifter, FVD carbon fiber steering wheel (+factory wheel), Fabspeed Supercup exhaust (+factory mufflers)
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 5 (erratic paperwork) However I have been friends with the previous owner for 9 years and know how he took care of it.
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (small rock chips on front bumper)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (just needed the 30,000 mile service and front tires)
How many previous owners?: 3, previous owner had it since 1997.
Please list any factory installed options: "bat phone", hifi sound, all leather interior and special trim including leather headliner, AC vents, etc., Porsche Factory “Exclusive Division” Carbon Fiber Dash, door panel inserts, Porsche factory Aluminum and Carbon fiber Shift ****.

I had admired my friend's car for 9 years. I was not in the market for a 993, but when he decided to sell, I had to buy it.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
dskiles
Track Day

purchase price: $38,000
purchase date: Nov. 2013
mileage: 53,000
state or country where purchased: Texas
Model year: 1997
Coupe, targa or cab: Targa
color: Zenith Blue Metallic/Cashmere
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: 18" turbo twist wheels (although I wish the 17" targa wheels were still on it)
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 (no receipts, only service records written in the manual)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 (only because of the front seats, which have been re-dyed, everything else is 9-10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 (a few touchup areas, bumper a little loose, had to replace the windshield seal and rear targa seal after purchase)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (seller paid for new head gaskets and control arm bushings that showed up on the PPI - I can't think of anything else that would need to be done)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer (by consignment)
How many previous owners?: 3
Accident history: yes/no?? No accidents reported, although driver door looks like it may have been replaced/repaired in the past.
Please list any factory installed options: rear window wiper, comfort seats, aluminum painted instrument dials, aluminum gear level ****, aluminum/leather handbrake ****, dark blue dash and door trim

Absolutely love the car. People warned me against a targa, and it does rattle a little on bumps and the wind noise gets loud above 75 mph. But the open top experience is great, and I love driving around with the bubble cockpit feel.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:54 PM
EdwinGamino
5th Gear

purchase price: $31,995
mileage: 59000
state or country where purchased: Arizona drove back to Los Angeles
Model year: 1995
Coupe, targa or cab: Cab
color: Red Interior black and beige
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: stock besides upgraded stereo
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 some paperwork and was recently serviced
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 all tools, jack and air pump in great condition. The only issue I see it needs mats no bid deal
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 everything was included windscreen and the tonneau cover that looks like it was never used.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10 nothing needed just serviced and brand new tires all around
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners?: 4 owners this is what I saw as the only downfall
Please list any factory installed options: hifi sound, short shift travel and manufactured from exclusive program ( whatever that means), the rest of the options seem to be the norm.

I had come close to buying a 993 in 2010 but due to the dreaded check engine light in 96 targa I was scared away. I did more research and waited for a red 95 convertible ( I wanted Obd1) and my dream finally came a reality in October. The 300 mile trip back home was awesome and the best way to get to know my baby. The car will never be sold I plan to do my own maintenance and keeping her forever. The last two months have been great and I choose right car for my first 911 (my last will be a 356 in a couple of years). I believe I stole the car at the price I got it and glad I expanded my search to out of state. My first post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice thread, I wonder if someone is keeping track of these prices by model and purchase date. It would be a very interesting graph to look at. I bet it would closely follow the S&P500.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:57 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

purchase price: $40,500
mileage: 94500
state or country where purchased: Indiana
color: Arena Red/ Beige Interior
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: stock besides upgraded stereo
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 Early Service History- then not much paperwork
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 10- almost perfect- never retouched- carpet and seats are perfect.
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8+ been repainted- but was very well done- some small rock chips and scrapes under the front and rear bumper
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9- pulls very strong- needs a new battery ( it's weak) and a wheel balancing.
How many previous owners?: 4 owners this is what I saw as the only downfall
Accident history: yes/no?? No accidents- carfax verifed and PPI was very clean
Please list any factory installed options: Stereo with CD Changer, Power seats with Lumbar in Driver's side.
The car seems very solid- i have only driven in a few miles as the weather's been horrible here, bu so far, I am happy with the condition and minimal issues for a 15 yr old car.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
SPD YLO
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I estimate wide body premium at $15k.
miles are going for 50 cents each.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 AM
wongdawg
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 19 Posts

purchase price: $60,500 at today's FX (6.3M yen)
mileage: 21,600 (34,600km)
state or country where purchased: Japan
C2 or C4: C2S
color: Turquoise blue
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: custom one-off muffler from <http://www.volcano-jp.com/>, Work Brombacher 18", quantum adjustable suspension <http://www.qrs-j.com/>, turbo wing, RUF style rear bumper
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 5 (like many older porschse in Japan, got serviced at private garages after warantee gone out, and paper work can be blotchy)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.5 (no blemishes, just 1 stone chip on the hood)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
How many previous owners?: 3
Accident history: yes/no?? No
Please list any factory installed options:
Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

purchase price: $50,000
purchase date: Jan 2014
mileage: 24,xxx
state or country where purchased: USA
C2
color: white
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: mostly stock
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Privat1
How many previous owners?: 1
Accident history: yes/no?? No
Please list any factory installed options:
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM
therossinator
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $21,500
purchase date: October 2013
mileage: 137,XXX
state or country where purchased: Alabama
color: Grand Prix White exterior/Classic Grey interior
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Indoor cover and "Porsche 993: The Essential Companion"
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Private party
How many previous owners? The first owner leased it, I purchased it from its second owner
Accident history: yes/no?? There was some higher than normal paint thickness readings on the left rear bumper but no record of any accidents
Please list any factory installed options: Hollow spoke wheels, full supple leather(classic grey), 5 disc CD storage in the center console, 6 disc CD changer up front, on board computer, cruise control
Full list: c02 x52 x70 240 329 408 437 438 445 454 490 650 659 692 939 982
Please list any modifications: Absolutely none, this vehicle is the same as it was on the showroom floor in 1996 with the exception of wear and replacement wear items.

Car runs great and has not had any major engine or transmission work done to it to the best of my knowledge. Consumes about one quart of oil every 3000 miles.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:59 AM
NH-Archer
Rennlist Member

purchase price (in USD please): $25,000
purchase date: March 2007
mileage: 86,XXX
state or country where purchased: NY
Coupe, targa or cab: Cab
color: Triple black
tip or manual: manual
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: 12 CD changer
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 1
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 5
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
How many previous owners?: 1
Accident history: yes/no?? No.
Please list any factory installed options: 17" wheels
Please list any modifications: None

6 years later and many things sorted, including front brakes/engine drop for clutch/distributor belt/sparkplugs/Continental tires w/Carrera III 18" wheels/aftermarket shift **** and boot/stereo/complete repaint.
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

purchase price: $26,000
purchase date: Jan. 2014
mileage: 158,000
state or country where purchased: CA
color: Polar Silver / Flamenco Red
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Euro Turbo S front bumper, Turbo wing, and '96-'98 3rd brake light. Otherwise very original car.
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 (no history other than Carfax and last 3 months of service.)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (Clean original leather with 158k patina on steering wheel, shift ****, and driver's footwell carpet.)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 (All original paint. Some very minor rock chips. Slight damage to passenger side rocker panel.)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 7.5 (Cons: very minor oil seepage, suspension shot, steering rattle, brakes all worn out, & taillight wiring messed up. Pros: engine strong with good compression, clutch and transmission good, & spark plug wiring redone.)
How many previous owners?: 4 private parties (6 including dealerships)
Please list any factory installed options: Polar Silver exterior, Flamenco Red interior with full leather, comfort seats L & R, RS short-shifter and ****, M030 sport package, sunroof, LSD/ADB, 17" premium wheels, premium Hi-Fi package with CD-changer and digital sound processing, & silver gauge faces. Participant in Porsche European Delivery Program.

All in all, its a driver that is a bit of a project, but very original given the mileage and number of owners. My first step into the air-cooled Porsche world, and it sure makes me smile!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Arin
Intermediate

purchase price (in USD please): $65,000
purchase date: Dec. 30th 2013
mileage: 44,XXX
state or country where purchased: USA/MO, but it's been a California car for 99.9% of it's life
C2 or C4: C2S
color: Polar Silver
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: RUF/ATIWE steering wheel
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.9, has records dating back to original ownership, maintenance, lots of work has been done at Truspeed (a site sponsor), one or two oil change records missing.
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9, but with simple parts that are available it will easily be a 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9,
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Dealer
How many previous owners? : 3
Accident history: yes/no??: no
Please list any factory installed options: I'll update this later, don't have it in front of me.
Please list any modifications: I'll update this later, don't have it in front of me.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:43 AM
996tera
7th Gear

purchase price: $35,000
purchase date: Feb 7,2014
mileage: 100,000
state or country where purchased: Vancouver, BC
color: Silver/blue
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: all original car

Very happy with my purchase can't wait to start working on it and making it perfect....
Old 02-16-2014, 10:27 AM
mondogarage
Instructor

purchase price: $38,092
purchase date: February 2014
mileage: 59200
state or country where purchased: Purchased from Calgary, took possession at U.S. border crossing in Montana, drove back to Denver
C2 or C4: C4
color: Paint to sample silver (looks mostly Arctic), black interior
aftermarket accessories that came with the car: Stock other than Bilstein HDs; did include 2nd set of wheels/tires (summer tires with maybe 50% tread)
-
Your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9, lots of receipts from last nine years, nothing before that. Only one key as of now (2nd key may be in Arizona)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8, jack and air pump in great condition. Seats show wear, nothing really excessive. Could use new mat on driver side; the face on the stereo is near impossible to read.
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8.5, car is generally great, but windshield has a few chips, and a couple scrapes below front bumper, there's what appears to be a crack on inside of one of the headlights. Nothing at all bothersome, but it's not a show car. Trunk resprayed after minor incident in closing trunk, and one minor spot respray on right rear, not indicative of any accident.
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 to 9.5, a bit of seepage, one minor leak, recent brakes, car was well maintained and serviced, one spark plug wire had cracked insulation; recent new clutch and LWFW
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Broker who'd owned/driven car for nine years
How many previous owners?: 2
Please list any factory installed options: Litronics, Sport seats, aluminum shift **** and e-brake, white painted, leather trimmed gauge, the NOKIA DSP sound system.

Just got home with it last night, and what can I say? Put 200 miles on it Friday, and another 800 yesterday, and it ran flawlessly. My first 993, and everything I wanted from one. Drove so fast, so flawlessly, that I could not avoid the speeding ticket in Montana...I love this car. Plan to add clear lenses, Turbo ducks/fogs (if I can match the paint).

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold