Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mike J's 2nd Annual BBQ and Shop Day in Vancouver - June 16 **no change in date**

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Mike J's 2nd Annual BBQ and Shop Day in Vancouver - **updated with Picts**

Aftera few misfires, confirming with some Seattle members, praying to the gods and talking to a fortune teller who assures me good weather I decided that June 16th would be an auspicious date for the Mike J. 2nd Annual BBQ and Shop Day.

Schedule:
9:00 - The shop is open. Given we have a full sized lift we should be able to accomodate oil changes, brake flushes, repairs....the shop is a good size so we can work on two or three cars at a time (one on the lift and the others in the next bay). I will make sure the shop is nice and clean and move the trailer so we have lots of room...please bring all the parts/fluids/filters you need since its hard to get Porsche parts on a Saturday If you just want to pitch in or observe please be my guest.

11:00 The Seattle crowd arrives.

11:30 on - The BBQ will be fired up for lunch depending on the appetites etc (maybe earlier!!)

5:00 on - The Auto-x crowd arrive. We will have the BBQ going and we can listen to the victory/defeat stories...

8:00 - wrap-up

I have no scheduled shut down time...when we are all wrenched and BS'ed out then we can call it quits.

Directions: Click here for a map to 5691 Bessborough Drive Burnaby, British Columbia

Volunteers I found out that in previous sessions I was so busy in the shop helping people that I could not man the BBQ.....anyone wiling to prime the food/drinks part?

Hopefully the weather will be great! Even it its raining the shop is large enough to have at least three cars undercover.

It would be great if those coming would either post or PM me so I have an idea on how much supplies/food we will be needing...

Everyone is invited ; this is not a 993 only event!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited by Mike J; 06-17-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,258 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I'm in town. Let me know how I can help.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike you got it . I can bring some grub and flip burgers . You want fries
with that ?

Cheers Guy
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Awesome! Cant wait!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by briefescape
Hey Mike you got it . I can bring some grub and flip burgers . You want fries
with that ?

Cheers Guy
with Poutine of course........
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I was just PM'ed that the BBQ is the same day as the PCA-CWR autox. Does this affect any of you guys?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I was just PM'ed that the BBQ is the same day as the PCA-CWR autox. Does this affect any of you guys?

Cheers,

Mike
Hey Mike,

It'll affect me because I need all the autox practice I can get since I'll be competing at the Canadian Nationals this Labour Day weekend. However, this is assuming we get the new site prepped by then. If we can't get the new site ready then I'd love to come over.

Cheers,
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,258 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Ouch. AX is a must do event with the new toy. How about Sunday?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

The AutoX is cancelled at Boundry Bay Airport the last one there was the last one there .
Old 05-23-2007, 12:49 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by briefescape
The AutoX is cancelled at Boundry Bay Airport the last one there was the last one there .
I think you're thinking of the May 26th "Skills Day" that was cancelled. The Jun 16th autox is trying to be held at a new site on the New West/Coquitlam border. We just need to get it ready in time.

Two other car clubs are going to need a place to run on June 2/3 and June 9/10 so you can bet that lots of stuff is going on behind the scenes to try and get the new site done ASAP.

Cheers,
Old 05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AllanJ
I think you're thinking of the May 26th "Skills Day" that was cancelled. The Jun 16th autox is trying to be held at a new site on the New West/Coquitlam border. We just need to get it ready in time.

Two other car clubs are going to need a place to run on June 2/3 and June 9/10 so you can bet that lots of stuff is going on behind the scenes to try and get the new site done ASAP.

Cheers,
Yes but everything for the next AutoX is on hold till everything is confirmed so we have to wait and see .

June 17 Sunday is Fathers day . On that that date it is the annual "Dundarave Porsche Show and Ride " It is a fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis. It is a must attend event if you`ve never been lots of porsches from Carrera GT to the 356 . The general public makes a donation and they pick a number attach to each porsche and gets to ride along for a drive up to Horse Shoe Bay and back up Cypress Mountain for a photo opp. Last year some of the comment from passenger were "WOW best money I`ve spent ! or That`s the fastest I ever went " It is all for a good cause .

Cheers Guy
Old 05-23-2007, 08:34 PM
rconnon
Pro

Soo I assume we're staying on the 16th?

Mike is there anything i can bring? i know a butcher
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in..
Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
Ouch. AX is a must do event with the new toy. How about Sunday?
+1... did not realize it...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:06 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

We've just gotta edit Mike's schedule. Make 5:00 onwards be "Second wave of BBQ guests after an excellent autox at a site fairly close to Mike's house".

Problem solved.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Mike J's 2nd Annual BBQ and Shop Day in Vancouver - June 16 **no change in date**