Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Mike J's Spring Tune-Up Session and BBQ - Delayed until April or May!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Mike J's Spring Tune-Up Session and BBQ - Delayed until April or May!!!!

Ok Boys and Girls its time to get together in the ol' shop, play with the new lift and get our cars ready for Spring!! I am suggesting Saturday, March 10th for the event.

Schedule:
8:00 - Wrenching begins. Given we have a full sized lift we should be able to accomodate oil changes, brake flushes, repairs....the shop is fully open so we can work on two to three cars at a time (one on the lift and the others in the next bay). Please bring all the parts/fluids/filters you need since its hard to get Porsche parts on a Saturday

12:00 on - The BBQ will be fired up depending on the appetites etc (maybe earlier)

6:00 on - I have no scheduled shut down time...when we are all wrenched and BS'ed out then we can call it quits

Directions: Click here for a map to 5691 Bessborough Drive Burnaby

Volunteers I found out that in previous sessions I was so busy in the shop helping people that I could not man the BBQ.....anyone wiling to prime the food/drinks part?

Hopefully the weather will be great! Even it its raining the shop is large enough to have at least three cars undercover.

It would be great if those coming would either post or PM me so I have an idea on how much supplies/food we will be needing...

Everyone is invited ; this is not a 993 only event!!!

Cheers,

Mike

PS God I hope that I finish Guy's car in time...its still on the lift and we need to installed the engine, suspension, and all the goodies he just ordered from Gert...

Last edited by Mike J; 03-03-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:57 AM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be up that weekend, so count me in for a couple of hours! Lets hope for some decent weather.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm soooo there! LOL Count me in for an oil change
Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Love to make it, but the Rockies will still be snowed over ... so better count me out Thanks anyway ...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Garth S
Love to make it, but the Rockies will still be snowed over ... so better count me out Thanks anyway ...
You have a C4S, so what's is the problem?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
rconnon
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there! hopefully the car is out of the shop by then, i take her in to see Boris on Monday (5th).

Rob.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rconnon
I'll be there! hopefully the car is out of the shop by then, i take her in to see Boris on Monday (5th).

Rob.
Boris is very good but very slow..sorry to say I bet your car will not be ready for at least three weeks and beyond. Hopefully that is not a shocker for you...my 993 was in his shop for over 4 months to get the painting on the roof done (the car was off the road for a total of 14 months). I predict that there is no way he will get that fender done in 5 days......

Regardless come anyways, it should be fun!!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
rconnon
Pro

iiick.. considering he's painting the ENTIRE front end

No worries, car or not i would not miss it.

Rob.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 PM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike...Of all the days to have the BBQ, you choose the day I am leaving to go to Cabo for a week of spring break with my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend. I will miss all of you guys ( Danny, Louis and the rest) as I am sitting on the beach in Mexico with a large margarita in my hand. Have a blast as we did last year and I am trying to come up on the 31'st for the autoX.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
baron95993
Pro

Wish I could come but being in Texas is really far. Hope you guys have fun. Will be thinking about Yall
Old 02-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Hey Mike...Of all the days to have the BBQ, you choose the day I am leaving to go to Cabo for a week of spring break with my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend. I will miss all of you guys ( Danny, Louis and the rest) as I am sitting on the beach in Mexico with a large margarita in my hand. Have a blast as we did last year and I am trying to come up on the 31'st for the autoX.
Hey Randy,

No worries, there will likely be another one in the summer (late July) or September. I am away most of August on a big family trip to China... ;-)

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Mike,

I would love to pop by for a bit. I won't be doing any work but would love to see everyone.

It is great that you organize these get togethers.

Many thanks.

David
Old 03-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,797 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Well, like Randy said, timing sucks. I'll be up at Whistler with the SO and some friends that weekend. We planned this a month ago so I can't get out of it. Have a dog on and a cold one on me and see you at AX.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We could move it later in March or early May...I just can't do the middle of March. Does that work better for everyone (or should I leave it the way it is?)....

Cheers,

Mike
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,797 Likes on 1,712 Posts

You are a gracious host, not only for putting this together but for trying to accomodate everybody. I'm sure it'll be tough to coordinate a date that works for everybody. That said, there was snow on the ground this morning and March 10 might be a little early for a BBQ. It's f-ing cold out today.

Quick Reply: Mike J's Spring Tune-Up Session and BBQ - Delayed until April or May!!!!