993 Forum 1995-1998

Lexani/Kinesis Rant!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs down Lexani/Kinesis Rant!!!!!

After hearing about the dreadful news of Kinesis being bought by Lexani, I contacted them to inquirer about getting my Kinesis wheels repaired and reconditioned. I was informed by Lexani that I had to go through a authorized retailer for this. I contacted the retailer and gave them all of the information, serial numbers, problems to be fixed, etc... I was just informed that Lexani will not work on ANY older wheels from Kinesis.

Anyone with wheels prior to the buyout are screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have K28 18" wheels, one front and one rear that are good, the others are in need of repairs.

I went to the Lexani web sit.... what B*ll $hit trash they are putting forth!!!!

A very Sad Day.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

That sucks! Can you take your wheels to a good wheel refinisher?

Does this also mean that replacement wheels are not available for the "older" models?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Tisibeast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_bock
After hearing about the dreadful news of Kinesis being bought by Lexani, I contacted them to inquirer about getting my Kinesis wheels repaired and reconditioned. I was informed by Lexani that I had to go through a authorized retailer for this. I contacted the retailer and gave them all of the information, serial numbers, problems to be fixed, etc... I was just informed that Lexani will not work on ANY older wheels from Kinesis.

I have K28 18" wheels, one front and one rear that are good, the others are in need of repairs.

I went to the Lexani web sit.... what B*ll $hit trash they are putting forth!!!!

A very Sad Day.
Sorry to hear that Mr. Bock - I agree that Lexani is putting out garbage in the Kinesis line now. On a positive note, it's good to see a fellow M5board member over here too!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Check with www.forgeline.com
They repaired a set of my Kinesis wheels a few years ago, don't know if they can help but it is worth a shot.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:14 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't even bother with Lexani/Kinesis. I use two local shops for my wheels. One is an authorised dealer for OZ wheels and the other for BBS. I just had my wheels anodised in black and everything is fine and back on the car.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

My wheels need parts that only Kinesis can provide.... or now will not. My wheels are now only good garden decorations.

Yea... M5Board!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wheels need parts that only Kinesis can provide.... or now will not. My wheels are now only good garden decorations.

Yea... M5Board!!!
What sort of parts are needed? I know a great guy in the area who refinished my Gemballas. If you want his info PM me and let me know.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need the tool to split my rims on my 17" Supercups. The old Kinesis said I had to send them in. Obviously, that has changed. Where can I get this tool? I have the new rim halves, I just need the tool.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

One front forged center piece. Rear rim pieces, inner and outer. Alternate plan is to maybe change the rear width and offset....
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gordo993
I need the tool to split my rims on my 17" Supercups. The old Kinesis said I had to send them in. Obviously, that has changed. Where can I get this tool? I have the new rim halves, I just need the tool.
Didn't need a tool for my K58..... Humm that's odd. Both halves and center piece are held together with the bolts. A bead of silicone seals everything.

Did you try wheel enhancement
Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CWay27
Didn't need a tool for my K58..... Humm that's odd. Both halves and center piece are held together with the bolts. A bead of silicone seals everything.
The bolts have a pattern to them similar to a wheel lock that requires a special tool. When I spoke with Kinesis, they told my they do this on purpose - they don't want people taking their wheels apart, they wanted you to send them in.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 AM
jmayzurk
Rennlist Member

A very Sad Day.
Yes, but if you need some bling-bling, jewel-encrusted 24" wheels, you know where to go!

Sad day indeed. I have K28s on my 993tt and I really can't imagine what I would replace them with if any of them were damaged...

Quick Reply: Lexani/Kinesis Rant!!!!!