Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many Nashville or Middle Tennessee Rennlisters are there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

I've invited my friend Rob with a 951, so I say the more the merrier. Are we supposed to RSVP for Wicky's...I noticed there was an e-mail address in the most recent PCA newsletter.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Ron Minson
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great that there are so many Rennlisters local here in Brentwood. My wife and I moved here about 6 months ago from Portland Oregon. We moved in to a home off Concord road past the Governors Club in Brentwood and we love it here. While I don’t have a 993 my little 85 911 loves to run and I would love to join in for some of the meet and drives. I do have an issue before I can join up for a drive, several weeks ago I had some transmission issues that I have not been able to resolve on my own. Can anyone recommend a good shop/mechanic that is good and trusted by this group?

I look forward to meeting my new Rennlist neighbors.

Thanks Ron
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM
993Brendan
Drifting

Ron- good to hear from more Nashville area Porsche guys! If you read this in the next 45 minutes, you should join up with us this morning.

As for shops, I really like Music City Porsche & Audi. It is the only shop in town I take my car to. Their number is 255-2658 and they are located on 8th Avenue near downtown (Franklin Road turns into 8th Ave in case you didn't know). Also, Wicky, who is the one who is giving the turbocharging presentation we are all meeting up to go see, is the preferred mechanic in town for many Rennlisters. IIRC, he used to work at Brumos. I'm sure Robert Collins can give you his contact information. Either way, I think you'll be in good hands! The only place I would avoid is the dealer- most our bad but ours is especially.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:52 PM
rj777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

For those of us who couldn't get out of the house this weekend due to getting over a headcold how was the Cayenne release party, the meet-up at Starbucks, and the turbo tech session at Renntag?

- rick
Old 03-04-2007, 02:09 PM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

The Cayenne release party was cool. If my desposible income suddenly went up, along with my tolerance for stunning depreciation, then I would get an '08 CTT right away.

It was a good turnout at Starbucks - see pics. And you missed one of the faster runs between Brentwood and Dickerson Rd in a while. I doubt anyone has ever needed to get to a hooker that quick.
Attached Images      
Old 03-04-2007, 06:14 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Great seeing everyone yesterday. What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. I have posted a few additional pics here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jeremy.r...007PorscheMeet
Old 03-04-2007, 10:59 PM
rj777
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, that is a nice collection of 911's! And those are some serious turbos in there, too.

Looks like you had a great day. Wish I could have been there.

We'll have to plan another event soon.

Regards,

- rick
Old 03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Nashville84Cab
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a blast meeting all of you and seeing your awesome cars. Hope to see you guys again.

-Darrell
Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys. I had a blast as well! We definitely need to do this again. I think the morning coffee deal is cool, but we'll have to plan some drives where we can get some better pictures and video. Morning light was a beast!! Paul and I both have camera mounts that we can mount on the outside of our cars, so we could get some great video on the Natchez Trace, the Dragon or even just some great back roads. The first 20 miles of the trace has tons of curves and could be some good video without having to go too, too fast.

Hell, I'm even for mounting a camera on the car on the interstate just so we can watch all the mayhem on the big screen. That drive to Wicky's was a blast. At one point the Ferrari and I hit it from about 60-120, and we were together the entire time. I would truly think his car is faster (since it's 600 pounds lighter than my pig), and maybe he let off the gas early, but we were nose to nose for a solid ten seconds or so!! That was fun (and highly illegal). By the way, if any law enforcement reads this, I was the passenger. Jeremy was driving. Shame, shame Jeremy. And I want ot see those vidoes! All of them!

Anyway, I think a F,S or S afternoon deal where we go drive for a good hour or so and then finish off the day with a cold beer would be in great order. I would also consider having all you guys over to the house for a cookout this spring or summer when it warms up.

Everyone's thoughts are welcome as to what we do next. I did speak with Mike Moody and he is going to get on this board so he can communicate better with Rennlisters with respect to the local PCA club. He is doing one heck of a job and deserves kudos for all he is doing to make this club great again as it once was.

Anyway, I digress. I want to try and coordinate with the club if we start getting together on a regular basis, as it will only promote more Porsche owners to show up for these. I really liked the fact that we had a 951 (944 Turbo) there, as well as a 965 3.6 and an upgraded Carrera, not to mention two 997's. Apparently there are more than just 993 owners that want to find other Porsche fanatics to hang with. Maybe next time my friend with the GT2 can come, but he'll never make it at 8am. (not a morning guy)

Anyway, I'll stop blubbering. Bottom line, great time. Let's do it again. Soon.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, if you look at Paul's pictures, the only car without a wing (or one the extends out being out) was Bill's. Probably should have noticed that. Cool pic though!!!

We'll have to work on our symmetry for the next round of pics, and we'll have to call maintenance to remove that damn Forerunner. SLACKER!!

BTW, I left Wicky's and went and drove a 2006 Cayenne TT S. HOLY SHNITZEL!! THat thing is ridiclous. Faster than a new Carrera S from 0-60. I guess my BMW M5 might have a replacement after all...
Old 03-05-2007, 11:08 AM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Robert,

You are in luck. I have your 60-120 run with the Ferrari in a video. Actually, I sent it to you though Pando and can post it to the web if you want, your call.

I too was surprised that the 360 was not faster considering the hp and weight. I do know that he does have a previous history as a street racer with his NSX, so I would not be shocked if he was holding back a bit. Anyway, it was a blast....It is not everyday that you see that many nice cars together on I-65.

Your car is showroom mint...but if it were me, I would be tempted to raise the boost and do an ECU remap. I have read that you can get another 100hp out of those cars pretty easy.

For me, this weekend, I ordered the parts necessary to install my intercooler. Should be good for another 20-25 hp at the wheels. With those back to back interstate runs, I felt look I was really losing some power doe to the high charge temps. Thats about it for hp potential for me. Another 6 months or so, I will have to start looking at highly modified 993tt's

Good seeing you all. I am definitely up for an afternoon drive and then beers. The Trace sounds good to me. We could drive it for a bit and then go somewhere near Belle Meade. Just let me know the date.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

I also had a great time on Saturday and think we should get together more often! Something with beers at the end always works for me

I have a pretty good loop that I drive from time to time which starts at River Road and then goes on to Hwy 49. Hwy 49 is about 20 miles of twisties as well as a few straights. I always see bikes out there...so you know it is good! We could try that. The Trace is awesome but if you get pulled over its a federal ticket. That just sounds scary!

Darrell- give me a shout if you plan to go to any autocrosses. The schedule is at www.trscca.com.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Also, if you look at Paul's pictures, the only car without a wing (or one the extends out being out) was Bill's. Probably should have noticed that. Cool pic though!!!
Say what? Are you saying my wing wasn't extending on the drive or that it wasn't extended parked at SB? Brendan, you were following me much of the way, was my wing extended?

Had a great time and glad I got to meet you guys. I do hope we can do this on a regular basis.

A guy from Canada is flying down Thurs to pick up my 968 and drive it back. After that I'll be putting some upgrades on the 993 (3 spoke wheel, RS shifter and e-brake handle) and a few other goodies. My wife asked me Sun. if I'd picked out what I wanted to replace it with! I lied, I told her I hadn't thought about it yet....
Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Bill- yes your wing was up. It went down when we got off the interstate because I remember thinking how quickly it lowered itself. My memory was that it took longer, however, since I've added the wing it is a moot point.

I never have that conversation with my wife since I always seem to buy the replacement before selling the original!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 993Brendan
Bill- yes your wing was up. It went down when we got off the interstate because I remember thinking how quickly it lowered itself. My memory was that it took longer, however, since I've added the wing it is a moot point.
OK thanks Brendan. Robert must have been talking about the photo. I'll try to remember to put it up next time, hate being out of place.

I didn't know how long it would take to sell the 968, I didn't tell her I've been looking for it's replacement for almost a month. Looking for a 84 - 88 911 coupe. Lots-n-lots of cabs and targas but coupes are hard to find right now.

Quick Reply: How many Nashville or Middle Tennessee Rennlisters are there?