Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, considering I make the parts you're pissin' on, You're welcome
Old 12-15-2006, 11:06 PM
SinVancouver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
I was asking the original poster, not you, but thanks for your BS, it was really helpful.

Happy Holidays!

ZP44

Needs to learn to read more.. and think before posting..
Old 12-16-2006, 12:49 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

guys we can all get along here on the rennlist. but since you asked my opinion....

The cost was a bit high for the horsepower - AGREED
But let's examine possible motivations for this:

- Cost of stock cats vs. these. I'm guessing here, but i suspect the stock cats are far more $$$ than this setup. So for those of us who would like new cats because they may be either warn out or clogged ... this is a great price.
- Compare this price to the setup that is offered by other competitors and i find it to be about 50% of the cost of others.
- The weight savings are significant and the weight is behind the rear wheels. So shaving weight back there is the best place to do it.
- The sound. Haven't heard it but so far people seem to like it.
- The power & torque improvements add to the setup. It is possible that with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator & some tuning we can get more out of them yet.

I guess bottom line is that all these together make for a reasonably priced package. But i agree if you take any one piece of it, then it is hard to justify.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,
Boris
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 AM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it not wierd how people look at things totally differently . To me if and when I do a group buy on these cats it is for sound , looks and just because . Therefore if added horsepower n torque is added ...... the cost/hp is a free bonus(that`s cheap in my books) . Go figure ?????? I dunno
Old 12-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

I second the motivation for a different sound!! Saves me $$ that I could have put into a stereo upgrade, ha ha!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:45 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Boris Teksler
...The cost was a bit high for the horsepower - AGREED....I'm guessing here, but i suspect the stock cats are far more $$$ than this setup...
eBay the stock cats
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

MC you asked for Devek's # it is: (510) 264-1642 and their address is:
20983 Cabot Blvd
Hayward CA 94545
Old 12-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Cool DEVEK moved...

when did this happen I wonder...and could they have a better shop? The former one was huge...although I don't recall a dyno there.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

guys we can all get along here on the rennlist. but since you asked my opinion....

The cost was a bit high for the horsepower - AGREED
But let's examine possible motivations for this:

- Cost of stock cats vs. these. I'm guessing here, but i suspect the stock cats are far more $$$ than this setup. So for those of us who would like new cats because they may be either warn out or clogged ... this is a great price.
- Compare this price to the setup that is offered by other competitors and i find it to be about 50% of the cost of others.
- The weight savings are significant and the weight is behind the rear wheels. So shaving weight back there is the best place to do it.
- The sound. Haven't heard it but so far people seem to like it.
- The power & torque improvements add to the setup. It is possible that with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator & some tuning we can get more out of them yet.

I guess bottom line is that all these together make for a reasonably priced package. But i agree if you take any one piece of it, then it is hard to justify.

Hope that helps...

Cheers,
Boris
Thanks for responding Boris, I just wanted to hear your side of this, unfortunately some others here think they need to speak for you and insult me in the process but that's just ego in play and doesn't mean jack **** compared to your reply.

The reason for my question regarding this was, I have seen many 911 owners spend huge amounts of $ on exhaust systems for little or no HP gain and could never figure out why.

Since you had a bad system that needed to be replaced I can understand your investment, had you done it just for 8hp & 3.8ft/lbs then I would have considered you foolish.

Happy Holidays
ZP44

Last edited by ZombiePorsche44; 12-17-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SinVancouver
Needs to learn to read more.. and think before posting..
I really don't recall asking you for your opinion, but wanted you to know your reply was super duper helpful. Thanks!

Happy Holidays
ZP44
Old 12-17-2006, 01:20 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boris said what I did, just in bullet form..........? 'Course he didn't bitch slap you like I may have.......hope it didn't hurt to bad
Old 12-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Cool Foolish?

Zombie writes, "had you done it just for 8hp & 3.8ft/lbs then I would have considered you foolish."

I wonder, who really has the say as to whether a mod is acceptable and or foolish? A very conservative Porsche owner would think any mod is foolish, a very radical owner who wants it all, would not flinch at any item at any cost....and then we have owners somewhere in between on the continuum.

Do I think Kim was "foolish" (WreckMeOtter) for putting all those tasty mods on his 993? A qualified yes here...but only because I am envious, jealous too, and can't seem to sell wifey on the need for such things on my car. His car is totally set up, and mine is not waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

End result, its all a matter of personal taste and perception of wants. As a result, no mod can be foolish if the owner wants to do it. It's his car and his money. Only one's wife can call a mod foolish...that may be because we didn't sell her on all the benefits of the mod. Why Boris is actually improving the SF Bay air by replacing his cats More power to Boris!

At our house, I want a 996 GT3...wifey thinks that is foolish. Guess who wins that argument. Be that as it may, 993inNC is making some very interesting parts which appear to be very high quality, design, welds, etc. He's got my attention!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing everyone needs to consider here, the transparency of what this product will and will not do. Chris did not originally make ANY claims regarding increased power ... only a better sound and less weight.

Peter Dawe did some head work for me and had recommended that I switch to some Sport Cats for increased flow when I found out about the X-pipes. I ordered some from Chris and installed them. The result was increased power verified by pre and post dyno runs.

I have assisted friends install and test other products that resulted in power losses across the board. If you want to know the manufacturer and the specific product feel free to PM me. The bottom-line is that Chris is encouraging these tests which speaks volumes about the product and himself.

For those of you that think it is too expensive for the gains achieved ... then don't buy it. For the rest of us ... I think that we are smart enough to do the number crunching ourselves and make our own purchase decisions.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
SinVancouver
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
I was asking the original poster, not you, but thanks for your BS, it was really helpful.

Happy Holidays!

ZP44
And your post was so amazingly helpful as well...
Old 12-17-2006, 03:42 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MC you asked for Devek's # it is: (510) 264-1642 and their address is:
20983 Cabot Blvd
Hayward CA 94545
Thanks. I wasn't aware they'd moved.

MC

Quick Reply: Dach X Sport Cats Installed & Dyno Tested