Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Careful, Joe, or he'll think you're gonna drop on A-bomb on him. <<THIS IS A JOKE. IT'S WHAT I DO. BUT NOT FOR A LIVING. OBVIOUSLY.<<
That would be the logical conclusion.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no doubt about that odometer starting with a 2. Calls into question whether this is even the interior of the car.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW
As a previous 993 owner of a 95 993 and a current buyer I have folllowed the market for 4+ years. We do have an altitude problem in Denver that makes some people think Jake Plummer is a good starting QB. Maybe those people would also think $52k for a low mileage 1995 C2 is a great price. A spotless 95 993 C4 cab (14k mi) just went on eBay two weeks ago for $41,200. IMHO $52k is not in the ball park, even in Denver.
Jake Plummer has a winning record. It's not pretty, but he wins games in that program.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by jimwood
Jake Plummer has a winning record. It's not pretty, but he wins games in that program.
I was pretty shocked to see the stat on TV yesterday that he has the 3rd highest number of wins in the last 3 or 4 years or something. Talk about lies, damn lies, and statistics!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
TRW
Advanced

Plummer may have a winning record but if you have watched him play this year it has been ugly. He has had two (maybe) ok games. Last year he did very well. After last night's game the sports talk radios are filled with discussions as to when Jay Cutler will take over. My bet is that unless he shines against KC this week ( I don't think we can beat the Chiefs in KC) we may see Cutler against the Seahawks in two weeks and that will be the end of Jake. I hope.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:19 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW
Plummer may have a winning record but if you have watched him play this year it has been ugly. He has had two (maybe) ok games. Last year he did very well. After last night's game the sports talk radios are filled with discussions as to when Jay Cutler will take over. My bet is that unless he shines against KC this week ( I don't think we can beat the Chiefs in KC) we may see Cutler against the Seahawks in two weeks and that will be the end of Jake. I hope.
That was a nail biting ending of the game. I was wishing that SD would have just been burned on those stupid penalities at the end. And then have the refs come and say "The game is over"
Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW
I watch every single Denver game. Cutler won't start this year and may not start next year. You should know Shannahan that well by now.

Plummer wins. And, he has looked good lately as he is feeling more comfortable throwing to J. Walker. Defense for Denver lost last nights game. Pure and simple.

Do you realize Denver was one game away from the Superbowl last year???????

Talk of benching Plummer is done by radio show people for topic, not because it has merit.

Edit: You don't think Denver can beat the Chiefs? Let me guess, transplant to Colorado....

Last edited by jimwood; 11-20-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:14 AM
d993
Racer

Originally Posted by Group911@aol.com
So show me the comparable 993 S car priced under $60k. Add in the $4k in complete factory Euro suspension upgrade on this car and the low $50's suddenly doesn't seem so far off. It's pointless saying which color is best but black, red and white are always the most ordered colors. After that, it's all personal taste.
Interesting to see such strong opinions on the car without having seen all the photo's or the actual car.
Stimulating discussion going here though.
Picked up a near perfect '97 C2S with 38k miles black/tan, factory hollow spokes, complete records, LoJack, ClearBra, PSS9's and the latest K40 system for $48k. Great value? Maybe not. But it was less than the $50k-$55k average.
Yeah, it was over $20k more than my '95 C2, but they are 2 totally different cars!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by Randy 1
There is no doubt about that odometer starting with a 2. Calls into question whether this is even the interior of the car.
Since I've been accused of not having a sense of humor, is this humor or outright slander? If it's not humor, I suggest you e-mail me for a copy of the photo that you can enlarge to see the actual number. Then I suggest you puplicly apologise for your publicly degrading me.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Careful, Joe, or he'll think you're gonna drop on A-bomb on him. <<THIS IS A JOKE. IT'S WHAT I DO. BUT NOT FOR A LIVING. OBVIOUSLY.<<
Oh, I get it. It's only a joke if it comes from you. Now you get all sensitive when I make a joke. I thought this was a tough crowd but now I see what you mean by "the 3rd Friday of the Month".
Old 11-21-2006, 01:55 PM
creator8
Instructor

Price is very high and as said before not even in the ballpark. I payed $45k delivered from Houston to LA for a pristine, no excuse 98 Targa a month ago. White over black, highly optioned and bone stock, which I would say is more desirable than w/ an aftermarket stereo etc. Per another thread here, you can't factor mods into the price. Thats like adding up the hp increase claims of every aftermarket part you have and totalling it to get your max power!

As a buyer there is no way I'd have even considered a 95 for over $35k but thats just me. And as a seller, the forum where the guys in the know play the hardest is not somewhere to attempt to sell a car that isn't priced right. You gotta have thick skin.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Group911@aol.com
Since I've been accused of not having a sense of humor, is this humor or outright slander? If it's not humor, I suggest you e-mail me for a copy of the photo that you can enlarge to see the actual number. Then I suggest you puplicly apologise for your publicly degrading me.
Wah wah wee wah! Just when I thought the heated competition for Most Antagonistic Dealer 2006 was drawing to a close, we have a late, but strong entry! Jageshemash!

It's pretty simple. You're trying to recoup dollars spent on mods that the seller himself probably paid an 80% markup over sanity on, the radio is not only aftermarket, but sort of ugly, and it's a '95 (no VarioRam, no joy of fixing SAI issues, etc.). And your picture seems, to anyone with working eyesight, to contradict your claims about the vehicle's mileage. These are the facts.

So instead of acting like some sort of raving lunatic (i.e., maybe look up slander in a dictionary?), post a clear picture of the instrument panel. I mean, it's Tuesday. Five days should be plenty of time to have rolled back the odometer!

Last edited by Randy 1; 11-21-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by creator8
Price is very high and as said before not even in the ballpark. I payed $45k delivered from Houston to LA for a pristine, no excuse 98 Targa a month ago. White over black, highly optioned and bone stock, which I would say is more desirable than w/ an aftermarket stereo etc. Per another thread here, you can't factor mods into the price. Thats like adding up the hp increase claims of every aftermarket part you have and totalling it to get your max power!

As a buyer there is no way I'd have even considered a 95 for over $35k but thats just me. And as a seller, the forum where the guys in the know play the hardest is not somewhere to attempt to sell a car that isn't priced right. You gotta have thick skin.
Steve, sounds like a beauty you bought. Miles??
I completely agree with your assessment on the radio, but if that's the worst thing wrong with a car, I don't feel so bad.
I never really expected any of the "tough guys" to be buyers, but this board is excellent exposure.
There are other things that weigh more heavily on price and mileage/ condition are the biggies but also tiptronic cars in most markets are killers and may have weighed heavily on your excellent price.
Thick skin is my specialty but false and damaging statements are just poor judgement and have no place on any public forum. Leave that to the politicians.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by Randy 1
Wah wah wee wah! Just when I thought the heated competition for Most Antangonistic Dealer 2006 was drawing to a close, we have a late, but strong entry! Jageshemash!

It's pretty simple. You're trying to recoup dollars spent on mods that the seller himself probably paid an 80% markup over sanity on, the radio is not only aftermarket, but sort of ugly, and it's a '95 (no VarioRam, no joy of fixing SAI issues, etc.). And your picture seems, to anyone with working eyesight, to contradict your claims about the vehicle's mileage. These are the facts.

So instead of acting like some sort of raving lunatic (i.e., maybe look up slander in a dictionary?), post a clear picture of the instrument panel. I mean, it's Tuesday. Five days should be plenty of time to have rolled back the odometer!
Ouch. I think part of that is a complement but rolling back a speedo is a felony so if you really believe that, I'll put you in touch with the AG here.
If I could figure out how to enlarge that part of the actual posted photo, I'd post it. How about if I e-mail it to you and have you post it?
Then you can come up with some other claim about my integrity.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:03 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here. Blew it up 400% in Photoshop. No retouching of any kind.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.