Sponsored by:

Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Here. Blew it up 400% in Photoshop. No retouching of any kind.
Send me your e-mail and I'll send the original. Maybe you can figure out how to post the odo without distortion.
Thanks, Bob
Old 11-21-2006, 03:33 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

And here's the original provided by Bob. Looks like the number turning over created the base of the "2" at low resolution.
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Thanks Rally Jon.
The bad news is with all the beautiful but thin air we had over the weekend, the owner took it out and turned it over into the dreaded 20k.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
TRW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimwood

I watch every single Denver game. Cutler won't start this year and may not start next year. You should know Shannahan that well by now.

Plummer wins. And, he has looked good lately as he is feeling more comfortable throwing to J. Walker. Defense for Denver lost last nights game. Pure and simple.

Do you realize Denver was one game away from the Superbowl last year???????

Talk of benching Plummer is done by radio show people for topic, not because it has merit.

Edit: You don't think Denver can beat the Chiefs? Let me guess, transplant to Colorado....
30 year Bronco fan. No I don't think the Broncos can beat the Chiefs this year in KC. It pains me to feel that way. I also watch every game. The Broncos win in spite of Plummer. Without the defense being as strong as it is the Broncos would not have a winning record. Cutler will start next year and Jake will be a journeyman QB somewhere. Not here. Plummer has as much chance being here next year as this guy has selling his 1995 C2 for $52k. I hope Cutler starts against the Seahawks. Maybe we can salvage the season or at least be more prepared for next year. We can't beat the Colts, we can't beat SD so we can't make if far in the playoffs if we get there. If Cutler does not play this year it is not because Shanahan thinks Plummer can do it, it is because he does not want to throw Cutler into a no win situation.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:07 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Group911@aol.com
The bad news is with all the beautiful but thin air we had over the weekend, the owner took it out and turned it over into the dreaded 20k.

My goodness, its time for a FULL restoration... the horror..
Old 11-21-2006, 06:59 PM
creator8
Instructor

Steve, sounds like a beauty you bought. Miles??
I completely agree with your assessment on the radio, but if that's the worst thing wrong with a car, I don't feel so bad.
I never really expected any of the "tough guys" to be buyers, but this board is excellent exposure.
There are other things that weigh more heavily on price and mileage/ condition are the biggies but also tiptronic cars in most markets are killers and may have weighed heavily on your excellent price.
Thick skin is my specialty but false and damaging statements are just poor judgement and have no place on any public forum. Leave that to the politicians.
Realized I left out the mileage. 70 or so more than you currently have--20071 when delivered.I think it was the right price and maybe a few bucks high but I didn't argue too hard as it was exactly the car I wanted.

My opinion on your price is based on recent experience. As a real buyer I've been watching the market for the last few months so IMO you are definitely up there. Nice, mid-mileage S cars are selling (not being advertised but actually selling) in the 40s right now. Low mile S cars are NOT selling in the 50s--all the same cars are still for sale and have been so. Again, IMO a non S, non Turbo, non Targa, non Cab 993 over 50--even over 40 is a stretch.

I think the w/ the Tip it depends. On a Coupe yes an issue on price. But not on a Targa or Cab I would say--different buyer. Dealer I bought my car from was pricing similar 6 speed Targas and Cabs the same as Tips. Mine is a last year car, Targa (rarer??--only 122 sold in US in 98, 1100 total) and same mileage as yours but $8k cheaper--remember shipping included.

Personally I wanted an all original car and I passed on a couple of cars w/ aftermarket stereos. And I'd make the same point--the value of the aftermarket parts really shouldn't add to the car's used price.

Anyway, good luck w/ the sale. I'd be interested to see what you get. Obviously only makes everyone else's cars more valuable if the sale prices go up.

The question I would ask is is this a real sell or is the seller just leaving it out there at this price and can afford to hold it until when, or more likely if you get an offer close to the price--because then its not really for sale is it?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:56 PM
MrClean
Instructor

Great looking 993! IMO, $35k would be a fair price, given the condition. Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:39 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

WOW! I new the P-car was the bomb, but......hard to image after you buy one and rip all the interds out trying to make it a competetive race car and have to **** those pearly white rims.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh crap! I was going to buy this car, but now that it has all those miles on it... fergetaboutit!

No, seriously, it's a nice car, not my first color choice, but as a summary, IMHO:

1) I never doubted the picture of the odometer, it looked like 19K
2) I think it's too expensive
3) It is only an asking price
4) This is a tough board
5) The car is worth what the buyer will pay for it.
6) This board is brutal.

I sold my '96 coupe several years ago, and of the 40-something-odd cars that I've owned, that is one of the few that I'd wish I had kept. The guy I sold it to still has it and loves it and has had zero problems with it. I now have an '02 (996) cab and I love it. It amazes me how the value of the 993 continues to hold strong, especially when you consider that they almost all are at least 10 years old.

Oh, I forgot one.

7) Ugly aftermarket stereo.

Michael
Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by creator8
Price is very high and as said before not even in the ballpark. And as a seller, the forum where the guys in the know play the hardest is not somewhere to attempt to sell a car that isn't priced right. You gotta have thick skin.
i am surprised and a bit disappointed that this thread is so ******* heavy. who gives a rat's *** what the fella is asking for his car? you all are acting like a bunch of school girls. now everyone here is a market analyst for porsche 993s? it is partly the attitude in this thread that stimulates some peoples desire to want to bash in the headlights on our precious 993s while they're parked in the lot. or, to flip us off at the stoplight.

i suspect this fella will adjust his asking price if nobody shows interest in the car, and not because a bunch of dork owners (who would probably be better served by actually doing some work today) said to. truth told, i hope this dude gets his $52K, and then posts a xerox copy of his middle finger.

this is such a good website...except for sometimes.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Traffic53
i am surprised and a bit disappointed that this thread is so ******* heavy. who gives a rat's *** what the fella is asking for his car? you all are acting like a bunch of school girls. now everyone here is a market analyst for porsche 993s? it is partly the attitude in this thread that stimulates some peoples desire to want to bash in the headlights on our precious 993s while they're parked in the lot. or, to flip us off at the stoplight.

i suspect this fella will adjust his asking price if nobody shows interest in the car, and not because a bunch of dork owners (who would probably be better served by actually doing some work today) said to. truth told, i hope this dude gets his $52K, and then posts a xerox copy of his middle finger.

this is such a good website...except for sometimes.
Whoo-ee, someone woke up on the holier side of the bed this morning.

I think if you look through, there are enough "good luck with the sale"s and "Nice example"s to wallpaper an ***-kissing room. So it's not like posters are gonig out of their way to take the **** out of this guy. I think if you, too, wasted part of the work day perusing the comments, it's the original poster that responded in less than congenial fashion.

And since when was an internet forum the inappropriate place to call bull**** on a topic we all know, love, aspire to be expert in, and visit said forum to learn more about?

Look it, we're all self-interested to see him get an absurd price, but it doesn't mean we need to drink the Kool-aid while we're at it.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:19 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Smile

"Look it, we're all self-interested to see him get an absurd price, but it doesn't mean we need to drink the Kool-aid while we're at it."

Smooth, spelling it; it. (-%

tino
Old 11-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy 1
Look it, we're all self-interested to see him get an absurd price, but it doesn't mean we need to drink the Kool-aid while we're at it.
to that. And I hope he gets his price.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:21 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

this thread is so ******* heavy
Heavier by the post, it seems.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Come on, we all know 993 owners are *********, not A-holes.

Quick Reply: Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.