993 Forum 1995-1998

Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy 1
Whoo-ee, someone woke up on the holier side of the bed this morning.

I think if you look through, there are enough "good luck with the sale"s and "Nice example"s to wallpaper an ***-kissing room. So it's not like posters are gonig out of their way to take the **** out of this guy. I think if you, too, wasted part of the work day perusing the comments, it's the original poster that responded in less than congenial fashion.

And since when was an internet forum the inappropriate place to call bull**** on a topic we all know, love, aspire to be expert in, and visit said forum to learn more about?

Look it, we're all self-interested to see him get an absurd price, but it doesn't mean we need to drink the Kool-aid while we're at it.
Well said.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Well said.
yeah, here-here. well said indeed.

nothing i said was out of line or un-true. just my opinion of how this thread is not terribly 'rennlist spirit' like. this thread looks more like...lesser car forums, so to speak.

but, you're right. it's nice and safe to use an internet forum to "call bull****" on someone. i'm just not seeing how the seller is bull****ting. is it the mileage that he needed to- and did indeed prove?

not trying to be an *** here. i'm just not seeing it the way some others are.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:30 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 95 C4 is worth $100k. If you dont believe me, just ask me again. :-)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
My 95 C4 is worth $100k. If you dont believe me, just ask me again. :-)
$ 100k is not worth my 95 C4 Please don`t ask me . What it is worth . What your asking (price ) . What you sell for ..... these are totally different things .

But to the seller of this car if I may suggest bring it up pass 49th parallel and even with the exchange on the dollars you will get more $ .

But I wish you well on sell . If you do get your price for it Please ! Please !!please ! come back here and feed some folks humble pie . Cheers Good luck!!!

Last edited by briefescape; 04-10-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: dumb
Old 11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TRW
30 year Bronco fan. No I don't think the Broncos can beat the Chiefs this year in KC. It pains me to feel that way. I also watch every game. The Broncos win in spite of Plummer. Without the defense being as strong as it is the Broncos would not have a winning record. Cutler will start next year and Jake will be a journeyman QB somewhere. Not here. Plummer has as much chance being here next year as this guy has selling his 1995 C2 for $52k. I hope Cutler starts against the Seahawks. Maybe we can salvage the season or at least be more prepared for next year. We can't beat the Colts, we can't beat SD so we can't make if far in the playoffs if we get there. If Cutler does not play this year it is not because Shanahan thinks Plummer can do it, it is because he does not want to throw Cutler into a no win situation.
Denver is going to stomp the Chiefs. Hey man why don't you pay your rennlist dues if Denver beats the Chiefs?

Plummer isn't your starting fantasy QB is he?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Originally Posted by Randy 1
And since when was an internet forum the inappropriate place to call bull**** on a topic we all know, love, aspire to be expert in, and visit said forum to learn more about?

Look it, we're all self-interested to see him get an absurd price, but it doesn't mean we need to drink the Kool-aid while we're at it.
Randy, you're right in that this and every other forum is an "appropriate" place to call bull**** which you and many others think the asking price is or is not. It is not, however, an appropriate place to accuse someone of an act of felony without doing your homework and having hard evidence first.
I did and I will continue to offer pictures including the odo picture to anybody who cares to refute my ad. You can call the car ugly, the wheels silly looking, or the radio from outer space but just don't accuse me of tampering with or lying about the odo readings.
An asking price is just that in America. I ask it, maybe I get it, maybe I don't.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Group911@aol.com
I did and I will continue to offer pictures including the odo picture to anybody who cares to refute my ad. You can call the car ugly, the wheels silly looking, or the radio from outer space but just don't accuse me of tampering with or lying about the odo readings.
An asking price is just that in America. I ask it, maybe I get it, maybe I don't.
Just wondering why you now proffer the car in the first person, whereas in your prior posts, you spoke in the third person as if you are representing the seller. Is it your car? Is it someone else's car?

Note: The odo doesn't look like it started with a "2"; looks like a "1" to me.

Interesting banter. You guys should really see this car. The owner is beyond **** about his stuff and this car shows it. He even had a set of leather trimmed floor mats made so the originals wouldn't get used. Color combo?? Grand prix white with classic grey is bad? Look at the pictures and tell me it isn't the nicest 993 on the market and no OBD 2 to boot!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Just wondering why you now proffer the car in the first person, whereas in your prior posts, you spoke in the third person as if you are representing the seller. Is it your car? Is it someone else's car?

Note: The odo doesn't look like it started with a "2"; looks like a "1" to me.
Mark, not sure where in that statement it would imply that I switched from third to first person but no, I am in fact selling it for a customer.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

this is stupid..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:36 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May, Happy Thanksgiving - end this tom-fool-er-y!! Be Safe.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:11 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

I'll agree with every word "Randy1" said except swtich cool-aid with Martini on the rocks!
If he ever sell that plain jane for that asking price, I'll officially become Rennlister.(pay the membership)
Old 11-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Pzkw993
Instructor

Boy, I'd sure like to see GPW/Classic Grey 993s go for that kind of money! Speaking personally, I think a good '95 993 is worth $35K at the moment with "regular" (50,000-80,000) miles, and the low miles adds $10K.

One question - what's the deal with those wheels? I have factory-painted GPW wheels and the rims are silver. Every factory-matched 993 wheel I've seen has been that way. What does the window sticker say?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:39 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, not sure where in that statement it would imply that I switched from third to first person but no, I am in fact selling it for a customer.
Ah ok...so this is a commercial ad...
Old 11-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

quite a few buyers feel that white 993's are not the most desirable color.
Say what??? Even knowing that the factory put the strongest engines in white 993's how can anyone say that 993 are not the best color out there?? My God....I want to know who these people are....Oh, my heart.....my blood pressure.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:01 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Say what??? Even knowing that the factory put the strongest engines in white 993's how can anyone say that 993 are not the best color out there?? My God....I want to know who these people are....Oh, my heart.....my blood pressure.
especially the Glacier Tippys.

Quick Reply: Perfect low mile 95 993 for sale.