Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:49 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy Schmoley! You are indeed living a dream - my dream at least! Congrats - someone should give you an honorary Rennlist Membership.
More pictures are in order...
Bob
Old 10-07-2006, 07:24 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

congrats and a beautiful collection...

You must be keeping Mr. Sloan in business!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 AM
luv2ride
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

I can see you are a man of wealth and taste.
Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name. Nice! Dude that blue car is sooo mine. Can you adopt me? Started my collection.. Lets see, one white 96 c2. check. Thats it! save that blue one for me. Enjoy!

Last edited by luv2ride; 10-07-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

The beginnings of a superb collection. Thanks for sharing the pics - Just enjoy them in your own way. That's all.

Originally Posted by spg993tt
well, i thought the same thing when i put 6 miles on blueboy seinfeld today, but then i recognize a few things: they are pretty cool cars to preserve. for future generations to see, etc. what a real car is all about. i think preserving them properly probably takes more money, more effort and more discipline than just driving them, and lastly, i plan on driving the snot out of the 96 turbo and 97 cab. but they are really pretty to look at . under the warehouse light, noone around, locked and safe from the outside world, big drive in door to get in and out....its always a fine time tending to the herd even if you dont throw a saddle over your prize stud.
amazing they just dont make cars like that any more. all the gizmos and plastic and flashing reminders.....just too much nonesense, and stuff that makes it impossible to collect. i sold an m6 because it has so much garbage on it, and HUD display. really cool, but i could only imagine how impossible it will be to replace that when it hits its built in obsolences.
my thinks i have 3 cars. i havent given her the exact total, nor does she need to know. or price. she'ld then think she'd have carte blanche with her stuff. funny thing is my inlaws and most peole always thought of me as the least showy, least materialistic, guy they knew. cyclist, mountain biker, wall street guy who wears jeans everyday...and then bang..these things....i dont consider them materialistic. jewels are materialistic...these things are narly beasts, or better justifying them...a diversified asset class.<G>
dudes, later.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:06 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if you ever get tired of those cars, you could sell them and buy a country...
Old 10-07-2006, 11:22 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate you. I vote to ban him forever.

Just kidding...Congratulations on a great collection and great taste. I agree with you, life is REALLY short. Enjoy every day to the fullest.

Now..when you run out of storage space, I can keep a couple for you if you want.

Last edited by cabrio993; 10-07-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
That is a fabulous start to what I’m sure will be an incredible collection. Congrats!

Do me one favor. Go buy that ’94 Turbo 3.6S Flat Nose that Sloan has.

Jeff
Old 10-07-2006, 12:20 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 327 Likes on 147 Posts

As Napoleon Dynamite would say.............

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!

Enjoy in good health!

JoAnne
Old 10-07-2006, 01:07 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default 94 turbo s

i looked long and hard at the 94 turbo s. still am. many recommended that as an integral part of a collection of air cooleds. and it has airbags which is always nice maybe a tad wrong-focused though. but i have a tough time stomaching whaling around in something so fast without airbags. its a really pretty car to look at. rich was going to get a review on the mechanicals when his mechanic got back from some vacation and up to speed. then i ran into the mjordan car and for the moment, i'm chock full.

if anyone is in the nj/ny area and you ever want to check them out or go out for a spin, just let me know. i'm in the northern nJ (right on ny border) area.

someone asked about a hedge fund....not a hedge fund. my company does equity trading for institutional clients (hedge funds, mutual funds, banks). no stock recommendations, or capital introduction, just quality trade execution. my background was software and running cmpanies, a perfect fit. been doing it for nealry 15 years. ceo the company. got back into road bike racing 2 years ago, won the NJ Masters (read: old guys 35+ in age) State Championship in time trialing. and so after years of slaving, i'm starting to as my wife would call it, 'enjoy' stuff/life a bit. whereever your number is, money is only money, and valueless when you go. heck, i have no interest in being upstairs with my dada and grandfather, looking down to see my wife's new husband playing golf on my hard work....chuckling about how he married smartly. that would kill me. then again, i'd be dead, so the only thing you can do while alive is love your kids, love your wife, and have a little fun.

i think guys who are reading this thread, post on these boards, are maniacal about these cars. we are probably all similar in many ways: we're obsessive, ****, compulsive, neurotics... if we grew up in todays' school system, we'd be on all kinds of alert lists and watch charts. nineteen teacher analysts would be telling our parents all the pscyhological help we need. instead, we just grew up and find things to make us happy.

anyway, i just wanted to make an introduction. i really like these boards since one thing i am keenly aware about is how little i know cmpared to the truley talented on this board. so i plan on continuing to listen, read, and learn and become as educated in the area of p-cars, their markets, their mechanicals...as one can be. or atleast as much as i can be.

dudes, have a good weekend....if ever in the area and you want to check them out....let me know.

-sg
Old 10-07-2006, 01:19 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

i looked long and hard at the 94 turbo s. still am. many recommended that as an integral part of a collection of air cooleds. and it has airbags which is always nice maybe a tad wrong-focused though. but i have a tough time stomaching whaling around in something so fast without airbags. its a really pretty car to look at. rich was going to get a review on the mechanicals when his mechanic got back from some vacation and up to speed. then i ran into the mjordan car and for the moment, i'm chock full.

if anyone is in the nj/ny area and you ever want to check them out or go out for a spin, just let me know. i'm in the northern nJ (right on ny border) area.

someone asked about a hedge fund....not a hedge fund. my company does equity trading for institutional clients (hedge funds, mutual funds, banks). no stock recommendations, or capital introduction, just quality trade execution. my background was software and running cmpanies, a perfect fit. been doing it for nealry 15 years. ceo the company. got back into road bike racing 2 years ago, won the NJ Masters (read: old guys 35+ in age) State Championship in time trialing. and so after years of slaving, i'm starting to as my wife would call it, 'enjoy' stuff/life a bit. whereever your number is, money is only money, and valueless when you go. heck, i have no interest in being upstairs with my dada and grandfather, looking down to see my wife's new husband playing golf on my hard work....chuckling about how he married smartly. that would kill me. then again, i'd be dead, so the only thing you can do while alive is love your kids, love your wife, and have a little fun.

i think guys who are reading this thread, post on these boards, are maniacal about these cars. we are probably all similar in many ways: we're obsessive, ****, compulsive, neurotics... if we grew up in todays' school system, we'd be on all kinds of alert lists and watch charts. nineteen teacher analysts would be telling our parents all the pscyhological help we need. instead, we just grew up and find things to make us happy.

anyway, i just wanted to make an introduction. i really like these boards since one thing i am keenly aware about is how little i know cmpared to the truley talented on this board. so i plan on continuing to listen, read, and learn and become as educated in the area of p-cars, their markets, their mechanicals...as one can be. or atleast as much as i can be.

dudes, have a good weekend....if ever in the area and you want to check them out....let me know.

-sg
You should consider joining Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club
if you haven't already done so. You'll get to meet some of the like minded
neurotics you described above in the flesh!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Flyingtexan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I hate you, If you ever need someone to be a full time driver, you know just to cycle the cars and stuff.....I'm cheap and reliable.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...i think guys who are reading this thread, post on these boards, are maniacal about these cars. we are probably all similar in many ways: we're obsessive, ****, compulsive, neurotics... if we grew up in todays' school system, we'd be on all kinds of alert lists and watch charts. nineteen teacher analysts would be telling our parents all the pscyhological help we need. ...-sg
was thinkin' that the other day when i was speakin' to my sis who is a 1st grade school teacher...................... the system would put us all on meds & we would be veal.

btw: please post some better pics when ya get a chance

Last edited by 24FPS; 10-07-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
You should consider joining Northern New Jersey Region of the Porsche Club
if you haven't already done so. You'll get to meet some of the like minded
neurotics you described above in the flesh!

He doesn't need to join a club- HE IS HIS OWN CLUB!
Old 10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
He doesn't need to join a club- HE IS HIS OWN CLUB!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 540 Posts

Yes, you are living my dream! I want it back now!!!

Quick Reply: new additions to the posse' / seinfeld blue / jordan red / rare artic silv