993 Forum 1995-1998

Cost of Respraying front and rear bumper guards

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cost of Respraying front and rear bumper guards

Looking for some rough figures on those who have had their front and rear bumper guards resprayed.

thanks
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts

I don't know about the rear, but my euro turbo s bumper sprayed and installed cost me approx $400. Obviously there was no prep work on this new bumper so that would be additional.

Oh, see you are asking about bumper guards - do you mean bumperettes?

Rob
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
24FPS
Drifting

my stealer bumped my already pitted bumper & had it re-done for me for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! bitchin' or what? told me it was normally $275-$500 per bumper. btw: they have done this to two separate p-cars. i seriously think they like me & when they hear me complain about my bumper they work their magic
Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Actually, I will be getting a new rear bumper. Mine has a crack in it that starts just below the right muffler and goes down. Have no idea how this happened. Im ordering a rear bumper cover which will be and that will have to be finished and painted. Probably a little more working Im guess. As long as they are at it, might as well get the front one done as well-resprayed that is.

Attached a pic of the crack.
Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:31 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Since I cant type or make grammar sense tonight, I do have a shop picked out and its very reputable. Over 40 years in the business and I know several people with first hand experience-all Porsches. Im not cheap when it comes to quality and service. I have no problems paying for good work. Just trying to get a rough estimate.

Now excuse me my why I go make my 3rd Makers Mark and Coke!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was quoted about $1300 for a front bumper, hood, and rear bumper respray just a couple months ago.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Why don't you get the Euro bumper (without those stupid bumperettes)? No need to paint the bumperettes and looks waaaaay better.

BTW, what do you do with your old broken bumper? I might be interested.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had the rear bumper removed, sprayed and installed for $500. Was told $600 for the front due to more detail work.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdurg
Had the rear bumper removed, sprayed and installed for $500. Was told $600 for the front due to more detail work.
Dont know why but I think that sounds high. I was thinking in the range of 3 to 4 hundred for the whole darn bumper.

And... Keith, where the heck have you been lately? Hope all is well with you and the family. It would be nice if you would check in and say hello to the growing rat brigade. You have been missing out on some very interesting things Come by, have a virtual drink, and you will see what I mean.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kdurg

That is exactly what I pay when i do the cars I sell

Mike
Old 09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
bobbigham
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...I'll bite...I have a issue with my rear bumper, and have been trying figure out what I'm going to do. Since it involves paint work I thought I should have everything done at once, new front splitters, spoiler, paint front splitters and rear bumper.....now the issue of the bumperettes has been brought up!

What do you do with the basket handle and center brake light if you add a rear "S" or Turbo style spoiler?

Can you paint the front and rear bumperettes, and will it come out nice???

Anyone with more pictures of this?

I have a artic white cab and have some slight staining of the very bottom of the side sills, better to respray or add aero kit on the sides?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Why don't you get the Euro bumper (without those stupid bumperettes)? No need to paint the bumperettes and looks waaaaay better.

BTW, what do you do with your old broken bumper? I might be interested.
Going to look at the Euro option but probably keep it stock. As far as the old one, dont know at this point what I will do with it but will keep you in mind. Project is still a little ways down the road. Its going to be a project of refinishing the wheels, replace rear bumper and respray front, and 60k tune up all in one. Its nearing winter and my car doesnt get as much action so probalby ending up being a spring project. Not a priority but rather a things to do list. Have a few other projects for my Bronco that I need to get done as well. Having 4 vehicles keeps me busy!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

bobbingham -

To answer some of your questions:
What do you do with the basket handle and center brake light if you add a rear "S" or Turbo style spoiler?
I had the basket handle removed when I had the wing installed.
In addition to the fact that the Gemballa wing has a center brake light, I personally think it looks "weird" to have both a wing and the basket handle.
I've got the basket handle and original automatic wing mechanism sitting in the garage as I can't decide if I should sell them or not.

Can you paint the front and rear bumperettes, and will it come out nice???
Yes! I didn't want to change the front bumper (yet), and the car was already at the shop getting the wing painted, so I had them also do the bumperettes.
You do need a really good paint shop that preps the bumperettes and uses the right compounds to adhere to the rubber.
As an alternative, you could do the exchange program with www.bumperplugs.com for pre-painted ones.

Anyone with more pictures of this?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:47 AM
24FPS
Drifting

russ beautiful cab... begging to be lowered & for some 18's

i've been pondering getting rid of the basket handle on the cab too. was actually thinkin' i may try & have the brake light installed into an rs tail (gotta' talk to my shop 2 c if they can do) will then do the side skirts & splitters as well.

Quick Reply: Cost of Respraying front and rear bumper guards