Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Tri-State NY Rennlist Foliage Drive. Any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 10:54 PM
sptschoice
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great run today guys!!!only have one picture to post forgot to charge my battery
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
karlusmagnus
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and then we had a catchup at the brauhaus... with some repair work, and then some more fall foliage ...
Attached Images          
Old 10-22-2006, 11:10 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 198 Posts

Great meeting you all today! I wish I hadn't sold my P-car yesterday, but hopefully in the Spring I'll have something even better

I had a blast today and I just got home... All in all I drove for a little over 500 miles today, hehe. I'm happy to report that Rich with the 911SC is on his way home too. Special thanks to Irek at CIM Motorsports for working on Rich's car so late
Old 10-22-2006, 11:19 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ilko
thanks for the navigation out of our detour
Old 10-22-2006, 11:24 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by sharmat
ilko
thanks for the navigation out of our detour
Any time! It was fun being the "pace car"
Old 10-22-2006, 11:25 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

here are some more pics
Attached Images       
Old 10-23-2006, 12:47 AM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Thanks Arrwin & Geneva (and Gerry & Janet for use of your driveway and p-car guidence yesteday to get me safely, and happily on the road!)
Unbelievable fun to see road deluged with Porsches and the faces of many Sunday drivers in the audience! WE'RE TAKING OVER!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:31 AM
S2TGART
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First and foremost I want to again thank Ilko and Irek. I know I said it a million times to you both, but you turned what could of been a real nightmare into a relatively minor time setback. Breaking down, on a Sunday, 128 miles from home with 3 kids could of easily gone from bad to worse. Ilko, thanks again for shuttling myself and my "gain", not only to brunch but bringing me back to my car and waiting with us until the flatbed arrived. Irek, thank you for getting your hands dirty on a Sunday, getting my car running and giving me a heads up on the other ignition issues I may run into. We got home around 9:30. Arrwin and Geneva, thanks for putting this together. The views were spectacular, that was until I was looking under the hood at my engine. At least I did get to see the rest of the route via Ilko's Audi. I very much look forward to doing this run again in Spring, or whenever. This time though, I will bring some spare parts
Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
sonett43
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arwin,

this was a great run, we look forward to being a part of the spring run...we'll need to bring the '69 911 S for that one, I'd have an easier time keeping up with everyone.

Lewis, Judy and Hayden
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Davies
Burning Brakes

Yeah Thanks Arrwin for a great Sunday morning excursion - AND coffee and donuts! No pics from me...Overslept, and neglected to bring a fully charged battery for my camera when I ran out the door. Nonetheless, what a cool sight seeing everybody lining up to enter the highway. I peeled off at Bear Mountain Bridge, but will try to do a full run next time. Fun driving, and beautiful scenery (and totally amazing that no one got pulled over!).
Old 10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanx again Arrwin!

Here's my pix:

http://ifly.freeyellow.com/miscell/g...-run/index.htm

(Will edit this posting (tomorrow) and will add/post the wife's pix too ...so stay tuned!).

Gerry
Old 10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
bigimp65
Advanced

Arrwin
another great job. cant wait for the next one. probably top 100 cars by then! great day.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 139 Posts

Arrwin, well done

That was my first one and I am STILL smiling

I don't think there is anybody left that I don't know, that hasn't received some pics by email thia morning
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Thanks Arrwin. We had a blast. Thanks for the pics and gift cert.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank You & Pics!!

Hi everyone,

Still trying to recover from the weekend. I was tired even before the run, but once we got there and the cars starting rumbling in, the adrenaline started pumping. Wow! What amazing cars you guys all have! I never counted, but unofficially I think we had 50+ cars. Never imagined it would be such an incredible turnout. I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed some fantastic scenery. We ran without any incidents or a visit from the local authorities. There was a bridge overlooking the Ashokan Resevoir that I regret not going to as it would of been a great picture with all of our cars. My bud Ormond (Blue E46) went there after lunch and he took some pics (see link below). Maybe this will give us a reason to go back!

Another run before the white stuff hits?

This was my second drive I organized and it appears to get bigger and bigger. A few takeaways I learned from this one:
  • Plan an exiting route out of the parking lot. Stage cars like DE?
  • After exiting the lot, corral everyone on the right lane until everyone has exited before blasting off
  • Bring more donuts
  • Schedule more bladder relieving spots
  • Always have a Porsche mechanic with us

Special thanks
Ilko - Just wanted to especially thank Ilko for taking care of 'S2TGART' and Co. He graciously gave them a ride to the diner and back in his Audi All-Road after 'S2TGART' was experiencing some minor car issues. This is so typical of the generosity of great people helping complete strangers.

Irek - BIG thanks to Irek (CIM Motorsports...yes...you more than deserve this plug. ) for voluntarily helping our cars that were in need. We were no way going to leave anyone behind! Without you, the knowledge we incurred through Rennlist and Pelican would of probably went into this car. Hmm...not sure if this would of been good or bad.

Bob - And lastly, but definitely not the least, thanks to Bob for leading our crazy pack of Porsches and trying his best in keeping on the right track. And of course, without that hot Box 'O Joe some of us probably would of still been sleepy all the way to Rt. 17.

Pics
My bud Ormond, took some nice shots of the scenery and the cars. Check out the last few shots of the Ashokan resevoir we missed!
Link to Ormond's pics: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=1&y=-dzx9ee

I didn't get a chance to take too many pics, but did manage a few mostly of the great people that joined us. Here they are:
Attached Images              

Last edited by Arrwin; 06-14-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Tri-State NY Rennlist Foliage Drive. Any interest?