Sponsored by:

Adam's C4s "RUF"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:27 AM
993polarsilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adam's C4s "RUF"

We should be ashamed of ourselves as a community for the treatment of Adam. He is a 993 fan just like the rest of us, much younger than most of us and very eager to jump on the "slippery slope" of mods that we all push and covet. He goes the RUF route and all of a sudden people start accusing him of fraud, even though he makes it very clear in his "for sale" post and in all previous posts that it is a modified C4S. I can totally see why he is leaving the community. Rennlist is not a posh country club that discriminates and we are not the Porsche or RUF police. As someone said on the closed thread, RUF sells the parts that Adam used and therefore there is no crime, especially as we all know him well and know his intent.

Best of luck to you Adam and I hope that you come back to the P-Car world soon. La bonne chance mon ami.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

i agree. i feel sorry for him. same thing happened to me once when i first joined this forum. some member thought i was just a poser . good thing i got friends that backed me up.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 AM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

I partly agree but, more importantly, this has been blown up beyond all proportion.

Simply put, so long as Adam was not trying to deliberately mislead people, there is nothing wrong in what he was doing. However, whether he intended to or not, he posted what was a misleading thread. I would like to believe that due to his past history on the forum, he believed that people knew of the history of his car and would know it was not a RUF. I believe that the mistake he made was not realising that there are people who didn't know the history, such as me, who thoight that it was a RUF car for sale. No harm done - I am in the UK and am not a prospective purchaser.

I woudl recommend to Adam, so as not to end up in a difficult position, that he clearly describes the car as what it is. I am sure that people will still appreciate a RUF style car at the right price and then everybody will be happy.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
993polarsilver
Racer

Blown out of all proportion by whom? There were four pages on the closed thread before this one was started. Anyone who read his original post would see that it is not a true RUF. He lists the car in his sig at the bottom of the post as a Speed Yellow C4S. On top of that he lists numerous RUF parts that he is stripping off the car prior to sale. No intent, no foul.

There are numerous moderators on this board who would have struck the post if it was off limits. The spirit expressed in the closed thread smacks of bullying and is not what the list is about. This is a forum, not a country club.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:03 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

The auction...

Andreas
Old 09-18-2006, 10:24 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys,

I usually don't participate in these kinds of posts as I think that they don't contribute to anything, but as I see some people here all bent up about the way Adam is treated, I felt I have to put Adam into perspective for those that don't know his trajectory and character on this board.

This is not the first time that Adam misrepresents something so he can sell it. When he first joined the board, he was looking for a set of standard mufflers to replace his B&B mufflers because he wanted the car back to "Stock".

He said that the B&B's were amazing, loved the sound, but that he wanted his car to be stock...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...79#post2621779

I was about to send him my stock mufflers, when I ran across an older post from him complaining of how terrible the B&B mufflers were and what a piece of crap they were:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...89#post2411689

I won't post his PM's that he sent me as I they were private and would like to treat them as such, but the content of those PM's clearly shows his willingness to deceive and manipulate.

That is when I knew what the true fiber of Adam was. He is not a 993 enthusiast, nor he cares for this community, he is just a kid that will do whatever it takes to get what he wants regardless of who he is deceiving. He will use and abuse you and then make you feel like he is the victim when something doesn't go his way.

He tried selling parts to rennlisters that were misrepresented as "new" or with a super highly inflated price. He bought parts on eBay and then when they didn't fit his car, he tried selling them to rennlisters for double what he had paid for. Eventually he realized what he had done and apologized:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/250041-formal-appology.html

The fact that he is selling the car is not because of the way this board treated him. The reason he is selling the car is because he can't afford it, and he doesn't use it as he clearly mentioned on another of his post previous to this one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/298947-selling-my-car-maybe-need-input.html

Then he says that he is leaving because of this board to make everyone feel sorry for him.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...74#post3407074

So please, before we start feeling so bad about Adam leaving because of us ********, people should know and read the whole story before they jump into conclusions and start defending "poor Adam".

Every time that he comes and post here creates nothing but trouble and everybody starts fighting.

Let the guy sell his RUF or whatever he calls it. The faster he sells it, the faster this will go away.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cabrio993
Guys,

I usually don't participate in these kinds of posts as I think that they don't contribute to anything, but as I see some people here all bent up about the way Adam is treated, I felt I have to put Adam into perspective for those that don't know his trajectory and character on this board.

This is not the first time that Adam misrepresents something so he can sell it. When he first joined the board, he was looking for a set of standard mufflers to replace his B&B mufflers because he wanted the car back to "Stock".

He said that the B&B's were amazing, loved the sound, but that he wanted his car to be stock...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...79#post2621779

I was about to send him my stock mufflers, when I ran across an older post from him complaining of how terrible the B&B mufflers were and what a piece of crap they were:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...89#post2411689

I won't post his PM's that he sent me as I they were private and would like to treat them as such, but the content of those PM's clearly shows his willingness to deceive and manipulate.

That is when I knew what the true fiber of Adam was. He is not a 993 enthusiast, nor he cares for this community, he is just a kid that will do whatever it takes to get what he wants regardless of who he is deceiving. He will use and abuse you and then make you feel like he is the victim when something doesn't go his way.

He tried selling parts to rennlisters that were misrepresented as "new" or with a super highly inflated price. He bought parts on eBay and then when they didn't fit his car, he tried selling them to rennlisters for double what he had paid for. Eventually he realized what he had done and apologized:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250041

The fact that he is selling the car is not because of the way this board treated him. The reason he is selling the car is because he can't afford it, and he doesn't use it as he clearly mentioned on another of his post previous to this one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298947

Then he says that he is leaving because of this board to make everyone feel sorry for him.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...74#post3407074

So please, before we start feeling so bad about Adam leaving because of us ********, people should know and read the whole story before they jump into conclusions and start defending "poor Adam".

Every time that he comes and post here creates nothing but trouble and everybody starts fighting.

Let the guy sell his RUF or whatever he calls it. The faster he sells it, the faster this will go away.

+1 I'm with you brother
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Well

In Adam's first thread last week he asked for advice on pricing, i.e. could he get $52,000. He went on to say he owed $26,000 on the car and monthly payment of $600.00 plus was to heavy.......He stated that was his reason for selling a '96 C4S with 59,000 miles on it.

I thought he was given some sound factual advice in his first thread before it got off point.....then another posting/second thread that went over the line with profantity et.al.

Plain and simple, feelings are not facts

I saw Phil offer his '98 C4S with 24,000 miles at the same time....he stuck to the facts and sold his car at a realistic asking price......Is there a lesson here?

Hell what do I know
Old 09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Default Sorry

Phil's car had 24,000 more miles...total of 83,000 with a top end rebuild and rebuilt transmission.....it was a great deal for the Rennlist buyer
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we need a poll about this...
Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Cabrio,
Your factual post should stand as the final chapter in this saga. Very well researched & written.

Now let's talk about wheel offsets.

Andreas
Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan V
we need a poll about this...
I think it would be a bit binary, seeing the way people are divided. Although, we could also add 2 other choices

1 Don't know

2 Don't care

All credit to Adam on one point. On ebay, his desciption is very fair and he doesn't misrepresent the car at all. I honestly cannot say whether that is due to his integrity or peer pressure from the forum but which ever it is, good luck to him.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Cabrio,
Your factual post should stand as the final chapter in this saga. Very well researched & written.

Now let's talk about wheel offsets.

Andreas
+1
Old 09-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 928 Likes on 561 Posts

As an enthusiast forum of people who know our cars, we reacted as expected when someone represents a C4S with mostly cosmetic mods as a Ruf. We appear to have done the eBay potential bidders a favor, as it is fairly represented there. I predict that it will fetch not a bit of premium over a comparable stock C4S.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks for keeping it in perspective, cabrio.

Quick Reply: Adam's C4s "RUF"