Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Bizzare Murcielago Accident : eye-witness & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 05:54 AM
mnmblu2
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pongster, I was referring to J's plate mit toe.

Maybe I should PS with some real Tiki Toe??? hehe.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:32 AM
993polarsilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
Ok Ok, I give up. Thirteen pages of this intense enlightenment made me see my erroneous ways. JustanotherRed993 was right afterall. I am now stepping up to the plate (Actually, Melissa put me there). Folks, this is what really happened last Saturday morning:

So I went to the Saturday car meet [although motocycles, bicycles, unicycles, roller skates, skate boards, and pedastrians are all welcomed] at a shopping center whose name I will not divulge, for fear of discriminating against people who feel it is either too classy or trashy for their tastes, as the 993s are making a showing this week. Nice cars [if you like them, not to insult those whose tastes lie elsewhere] in a row. I have a few pics on that.

I was about to leave at 10:30 or so, suddenly... CRUNCH, about 20 feet/6.096 meters away. Then there is this vehicle of unidentified make, model, and colour [so as not to prejudice the reader, naturally] slowly driving away in the parking lot. Hords of people [though I suppose larger crowds have clustered before, but there were certainly more than two of them] were screaming at the driver, and pushing on the hood to stop the car. The driver was quite intent to just leave, or so it seemed, and I suppose [he or she] must have had their own very good reasons; it's not my place to judge after all. Then one person of undisclosed gender jumped in the driver's window and grabbed the steering wheel. Finally the car stopped and a driver emerged. It was almost certainly a primate, and most likely bipedal [no offense to quadruped/arachnid/octoped/etc fans out there], and of a height between 6 microns and 427 light-years.

By then, I had checked out the car that was hit, and OMG [meaning 'oh my goodness', naturally; it would be impolitic invoke (G/g)od because not everyone believes in dieties, let alone one that goes by the title '(G/g)od' specifically; also, the statement of 'oh my goodness' should not be taken to imply that I am any more or less good than any other person], it was another vehicle of a value that could be considered great to some people though not necessarily to all that will not be further described because it might bring prejudice. The carbon fibre front bumper [which is of course of no greater importance than the rear bumper] was bashed and the hood was out of alignment. And there it was the hiter trying to pull a hit-and -run [or so it seemed, though as I said before [he or she] may have a Very Very Good Reason to try to leave; [perhaps a grandmother was on fire, although there is an equal chance that the grandfather is on fire as well] in front of 60+ witnesses, most with cameras, though those without cameras are clearly NOT inferior to those with cameras in any way, shape, or form. What was the driver thinking? I can only postulate, as I shall never know but I'm sure it was extremely profound and advanced thought as it would be so rude of me to imply the driver was anything but a genius.

I have a few pics that just make my blood [amongst other bodily fluids] boil. But others may find them very soothing. To each their own, after all."

Now can we ALL get along?

CP

CP, you are well loved on this forum. All you needed to do was say "Woman" instead of what you said. No big deal, nothing too PC, just being respectful. You edited it out of your original post, so you acknowledged the problem and corrected it like the stand up guy you are. The comedy repost was unnecessary.

Many here will gang up and say that it is OK, but we all know that it is not. Good on you for stepping up and let this be the end of all the justification of behavior that we would otherwise correct our children for committing. Honestly, would you have told that story the same way in front of an African American colleague? I hope not.

It isn't PC; it's just being respectful. Seems that isn't the American way anymore. Peace.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Close Pong....BUT, you just had to single out "carbon fiber" when describing the bumper! It is simply a bumper, and just what is your purpose in adding the unnecessary "CF" reference? Would it have mattered if it was your basic Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper? (Not to single out Rubber Babies).
Old 07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok Pong, maybe if you would have posted a picture of the driver then everyone wouldn't be so wound up. Next time when you say "African-American" you need to be more specific.

This is the picture of the "South African-American" that was driving the MB. This picture was taken a few moments before at the bar before she got in the car. I think that she was drinking "Mojitos".

I want to thank Oshin951 for making this picture available of the driver so we can put this whole thread to rest.
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else find it ironic that this thread has raised such a stink and was started by a guy called Pong?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Porscheologist
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang! She is hot!

Hope she runs into me today!

Oh and if anyone cares I am NOT asian!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
mnmblu2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 993polarsilver
CP, you are well loved on this forum. All you needed to do was say "Woman" instead of what you said. No big deal, nothing too PC, just being respectful. You edited it out of your original post, so you acknowledged the problem and corrected it like the stand up guy you are. The comedy repost was unnecessary.

Many here will gang up and say that it is OK, but we all know that it is not. Good on you for stepping up and let this be the end of all the justification of behavior that we would otherwise correct our children for committing. Honestly, would you have told that story the same way in front of an African American colleague? I hope not.

It isn't PC; it's just being respectful. Seems that isn't the American way anymore. Peace.
Oh brother. Pong isn't admitting any mistake, because there was none. Respectful now? No - it's just dumb PC edicate! Polictal Correctness is an oxymoron to begin with. Give it up already.

Last edited by mnmblu2; 07-19-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM
mnmblu2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cabrio993
Ok Pong, maybe if you would have posted a picture of the driver then everyone wouldn't be so wound up. Next time when you say "African-American" you need to be more specific.

This is the picture of the "South African-American" that was driving the MB. This picture was taken a few moments before at the bar before she got in the car. I think that she was drinking "Mojitos".

I want to thank Oshin951 for making this picture available of the driver so we can put this whole thread to rest.
oooooooohhhh, Mojitos, me likes that libation.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by 993polarsilver

Wow, this is still going...

Yeah, Alan's right. Give it up before your soapbox starts to crumble. Pong's post is comedy? The ironic thing is it's so very true and so very much what you want, right?

Pong, this thread can be locked if you choose.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Built in air bags...hmmm...so convenient for such a driver.
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Pong,

I believe that the last step is you're supposed to insert the word 'allegedly' into each sentence...otherwise, your story is nearing the right content.

Originally Posted by CP
Ok Ok, I give up. Thirteen pages of this intense enlightenment made me see my erroneous ways. JustanotherRed993 was right afterall. I am now stepping up to the plate (Actually, Melissa put me there). Folks, this is what really happened last Saturday morning:

So I went to the Saturday car meet [although motocycles, bicycles, unicycles, roller skates, skate boards, and pedastrians are all welcomed] at a shopping center whose name I will not divulge, for fear of discriminating against people who feel it is either too classy or trashy for their tastes, as the 993s are making a showing this week. Nice cars [if you like them, not to insult those whose tastes lie elsewhere] in a row. I have a few pics on that.

I was about to leave at 10:30 or so, suddenly... CRUNCH, about 20 feet/6.096 meters away. Then there is this vehicle of unidentified make, model, and colour [so as not to prejudice the reader, naturally] slowly driving away in the parking lot. Hords of people [though I suppose larger crowds have clustered before, but there were certainly more than two of them] were screaming at the driver, and pushing on the hood to stop the car. The driver was quite intent to just leave, or so it seemed, and I suppose [he or she] must have had their own very good reasons; it's not my place to judge after all. Then one person of undisclosed gender jumped in the driver's window and grabbed the steering wheel. Finally the car stopped and a driver emerged. It was almost certainly a primate, and most likely bipedal [no offense to quadruped/arachnid/octoped/etc fans out there], and of a height between 6 microns and 427 light-years.

By then, I had checked out the car that was hit, and OMG [meaning 'oh my goodness', naturally; it would be impolitic invoke (G/g)od because not everyone believes in dieties, let alone one that goes by the title '(G/g)od' specifically; also, the statement of 'oh my goodness' should not be taken to imply that I am any more or less good than any other person], it was another vehicle of a value that could be considered great to some people though not necessarily to all that will not be further described because it might bring prejudice. The carbon fibre front bumper [which is of course of no greater importance than the rear bumper] was bashed and the hood was out of alignment. And there it was the hiter trying to pull a hit-and -run [or so it seemed, though as I said before [he or she] may have a Very Very Good Reason to try to leave; [perhaps a grandmother was on fire, although there is an equal chance that the grandfather is on fire as well] in front of 60+ witnesses, most with cameras, though those without cameras are clearly NOT inferior to those with cameras in any way, shape, or form. What was the driver thinking? I can only postulate, as I shall never know but I'm sure it was extremely profound and advanced thought as it would be so rude of me to imply the driver was anything but a genius.

I have a few pics that just make my blood [amongst other bodily fluids] boil. But others may find them very soothing. To each their own, after all."

Now can we ALL get along?

CP
Old 07-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Pong, this thread can be locked if you choose.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:29 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rick
Built in air bags...hmmm...so convenient for such a driver.
i think those are silicon or saline bags ;-)
Old 07-19-2006, 03:49 PM
mnmblu2
Intermediate

Never "lock" out the truth.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:17 PM
avillena
Instructor

Wink

Nice tan, JoAnne!!
Confused; Am I Filipino, Pilipino, Pinoy or Asian?
Are Russians Asians too? Part of Asia.

Quick Reply: Bizzare Murcielago Accident : eye-witness & Pics