Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 06-05-2006, 11:22 AM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not to stoke the fire here's the link

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/277782-a-porsche-for-sale-at-a-ford-dealership.html
Old 06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wwwaaaaa waaaaaaa wwwwaaaaaaa

Who cares what anyone thinks about the car you drive? Hopefully, you bought the car for yourself, and you keep it because you love it. If you don't, then sell it and get something else. For god's sake, I don't care what anyone thinks about what I drive . . . I didn't buy it for them.

And, it is very clear that the post on the 996 board was sarcastic and meant to be humorous. Specifically, it was a joke about the thread that Brucec59 started, which I assume he started to be funny. Although I can't seem to find that thread anymore, it was discussed here: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/277440-996-and-ford-taurus-are-identical-twins.html Failure to recognize sarcasm and humor is a sign of a bore or an idiot

Now, to foster peace between the Porsche camps. Let me say that I personally love the 993 . . . really. I think it is stunningly beautiful, and I like the fact that it has a dry sump. Now, if I want a car that is lighter, faster and handles better on the track, and also makes a better daily driver, then I will drive my 996 Although I am being partly serious here, I am mostly saying this just to see who will jump in here and start tearing down the 996. I also would like to note for the record that my cupholders and in-dash cappucino maker rock!

Last edited by TD in DC; 06-05-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TD in DC
wwwaaaaa waaaaaaa wwwwaaaaaaa

And, it is very clear that the post on the 996 board was sarcastic and meant to be humorous.

No Kidding..you are really dat smart
Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by p_carfan
No Kidding..you are really dat smart
And you are really that much fun at a party!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:00 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by mooty
it does matter how many p cars you have owned driven and understand the idiosyncracies of each model. every model they have made has some major prob and minor prob. we learn to deal with them and poke fun with each other. for example, SC has self exploding rubber center'd cluth and tensioner prob, 993 has early valve guide wear prob, CEL, steering rack, 964 has more leak than usual and self disintegrating clutch, 996 has RMS and porous blocks. i dont hear any outright BASHING rather than tongue in cheek jabs, which is what makes the automobile community fun.

i do read 996 board and know their comments. i dont see BASHING going on. some say 993 has "antiquated" instruments. well, by objective standards, 993 has an olderlooking dash, but that's not by itself derogatory. 996 has a modern interior that by itself is not a praise either. some would say 993 is underpowered, well, compared to 996 that is a true statement, however, that's not necessarily bad. i much rather drive my friends grossly underpowered 911RS then any of my faster cars.

and most 993er here do read posts on 996 board. if there were BASHING, they would know about it. why do you need to make such announcement on both 996 and 993 board? to cause a war?

btw, a LOT of 996 owners have or still own 993's and may 993 owners are moving on to 996 997 and GTx, why would these ppl bash themselves???
BTW, Mooty, I am thinking about making another west coast trip. Maybe we could catch that dinner this time?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Greg Bell
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

C'mon guys, get a life, it's not as if a few posters' here don't bag the 996's. Each to his own, different strokes for different folks.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default !!

this is really sad!!! who cares about a traded 996 for a ford!!
now days, anyone can buy or lease a new porsche and since porsche has been advertising more , many people that know nothing about these cars would go and lease or buy one. may be after few months the older guy who bought a 996 because its a porsche , saw the new mustang saleen that sparked some childhood memories and traded it for a ford. so what!!
as far as which porsche is better , thats up to our taste. i wouldnt trade my 964 for any other porsche (well may be a 94 turbo), but it doesnt mean it dont like other porsches. one of my friends who actually owns his couple of planes, is a 928 junky
his 928 gts as far as he is concerned is IT for a porsche. others pick 951s, others love 930s others buy 993s........
on the other hand, if you were to compare pre 98 porsche ownes to post 99 owners, you will realize that probably a very high percentage of the 996 owners dont know much about their cars and buy mostly triptronics.
anyway, all porsches are great, but before you call yourself a porsche guy, get ready dirty and work on your own car
peace
Old 06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

well Mike...your friend has great taste... I think that the 928 is one of the best Porsche ever made, I owned one years ago, and love the 8cyl and the handling...drove it in germany...and this car handles great. It is too bad they stopped making them!

And yes I have a tiptronic 996....because my wife doesn't know how to drive stick! It is all about compromise in life!
Old 06-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_99l
this is really sad!!! who cares about a traded 996 for a ford!!
Heh-heh-heh . To understand the humor in the thread, you guys had to be there from the beginning. Let me see if I can bring you guys up to date.

Once upon a time, in a land not so far away, there was a guy named Bob. Bob came upon a Porsche in a Ford dealer's lot at an amazing price. Without further ado, Bob purschased the Porsche. It was a steal, quote he. Within a short period of time, and in separate incidents, the car's engine coughed, sputtered, died, and eventually blew-up. The transmission, gnashed, creaked, groaned, and it, too, eventually grenaded. Somewhere along the line, the car caught fire on the interstate, with involvement of police, EMT, fire dept, ATF and what -not . Hard-headed and persistent Bob, he had the car repaired in each instance until he pretty much replaced all the car's innards. Bob bought, and as far as I know, still has, the Porsche from Hell bought at a Ford lot. Now, in a deja-vu kind of a way, lo and behold, there's a 996 for sale in a Ford dealership. Any takers ? .

Showing the same persistence and hard-headedness, Bob went on to bash the 996, the Porsche marque, PCNA, and Rennlist. A smart guy, he was a real PIA, and he stayed just one step short of being banned. Bob has now been absent from the board for several months. Some people think he has been resurrected here in the 993 board, come to haunt the 996 board all over again. This airhead noodle started this thread without provocation in the 996 forum : sprtschoice stinker

Let's all have a drink together, and say "Goodbye, Bob!"
Old 06-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all have our crosses to bear I guess. We had a "Bob" before, in fact several. While somewhat entertaining, I mostly feel exactly as Eric in Chicago does as displayed in his graph. Thanks for coming over to our forum to try to explain but not need. As I said, we have had several "Bob" type characters in the past.

Originally Posted by Palting
Heh-heh-heh . To understand the humor in the thread, you guys had to be there from the beginning. Let me see if I can bring you guys up to date.

Once upon a time, in a land not so far away, there was a guy named Bob. Bob came upon a Porsche in a Ford dealer's lot at an amazing price. Without further ado, Bob purschased the Porsche. It was a steal, quote he. Within a short period of time, and in separate incidents, the car's engene coughed, sputtered, died, and eventually blew-up. The transmission, gnashed, creaked, groaned, and it, too, eventually grenaded. Somewhere along the line, the car caught fire on the interstate, with involvement of police, EMT, fire dept, ATF and what -not . Hard-headed and persistent Bob, he had the car repaired in each instance until he pretty much replaced all the car's innards. Bob bought, and as far as I know, still has, the Porsche from Hell bought at a Ford lot. Now, in a deja-vu kind of a way, lo and behold, there's a 996 for sale in a Ford dealership. Any takers ? .

Showing the same persistence and hard-headedness, Bob went on to bash the 996, the Porsche marque, PCNA, and Rennlist. A smart guy, he was a real PIA, and he stayed just one step short of being banned. Bob has now been absent from the board for several months. We think this is what happened to him: What about Bob?

Anyway, he's been gone for a while. Some people think he has been resurrected here in the 993 board, come to haunt the 996 board all over again. This airhead noodle started this thread without provocation in the 996 forum : sprtschoice stinker

Let's all have a drink together, and say "Goodbye, Bob!"
Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Porscheologist
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean ViperBob? I have read his posts and he seemed ok to me?
Old 06-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
mostserene1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow is best day for trolling: 666, the notional P-car model from hell.

All P-cars rule.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:31 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Father of 3
We all have our crosses to bear I guess. We had a "Bob" before, in fact several. While somewhat entertaining, I mostly feel exactly as Eric in Chicago does as displayed in his graph. Thanks for coming over to our forum to try to explain but not need. As I said, we have had several "Bob" type characters in the past.
Hey, I'm not Eric in Chicago; he would resent that. Nor am I ceboyd's boyfriend Eric. I am TheOtherEric, or OE to my friends.

Quick Reply: Bashing us again at 996 forum