Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9m heads make 350 BHP on N/A 95 993

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"The 996TT flashing (which can be done on my burner as well) and chip replacement is more difficult than the 993, but not very difficult at all in my experience, in just needs more patience, and I meant without damaging the board of course!"

That's great! Personally, I don't like/enjoy dealing with R/R on SMDs.
I'd rather download a map via the diagnostic port, better yet, have
an emulator setup with the DME ECM which allows basically real-time
map changes. That followed by a flash download to the final DME ECM.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Such is the vast interest in ECU reprogramming, can I suggest that the guys who know all about it start another thread to discuss it at length?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Colin
From your post, I seem to have upset you, sorry about that, I was just answering, and correcting an earlier post by Geoffrey only, did not mean to hijack your 9M...technical thread.
Oh...and since I don't "know all about it" like you seem to, I will try to disregard your comment.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
Colin
From your post, I seem to have upset you, sorry about that, I was just answering, and correcting an earlier post by Geoffrey only, did not mean to hijack your 9M...technical thread.
Oh...and since I don't "know all about it" like you seem to, I will try to disregard your comment.

As Toby demonstrated to me earlier, sometimes when you read a post quickly you jump to the wrong conclusions. My comments were not directed at anyone specifically, merely pointing out that there a very interesting discussion happening here about ecu design but it is not in full view of other Rennlisters who may have more to add if they knew it was happening.

Also to put the record straight, I think I know a bit about engine design & mapping, but although I understand how ecu's work I know less than nothing about their design and am happy to admit it. That's why I forge links with other leading experts in their field, like 4 Tech, to benefit from our mutual experiences, which is a bit like RS Tuning and Bosch, apparently. Suffice to say that the basis of the new 9m ecu has been running on the International motorsport stage for more than 2 years.

And finally, knowing how our discussions have gone in the past, whilst we obviously have mutual respect for each other there is always an undertone of cynicism, so if you don't mind I would rather not take you up on your comments.

Quick Reply: 9m heads make 350 BHP on N/A 95 993