Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING FRAUD!! Response from BoostCrazy....and a resolution.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmn.....also wondering how you could "owe" Paypal $2K unless you received $2K in the first place? If you received the funds, then give them back, and have the goods in hand....where and how exactly are you in the hole $2K as you claim?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Talking Westcoast 996, Solana Beach???

Great town...be certain to frequent Java Depot on 101. The owner, Brian Fuller is a Porsche Geek extraordinaire.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ok I guess I'll speak up again.

Simon, YOU are the one that committed credit card fraud and didn't even bother to tell me about what happened. YOU are the one that didn't respond to emails. Like I said earlier in the thread, WHY would I have wanted grab drinks with you when you were in town AFTER you had already recieved the shocks if i was trying to screw you? Makes a lot of sense right? How else did you expect me to recieve the shocks back unless I agreed to pay you for the shipping? I'm sure you wouldn't have kept them because you're such an honest guy right?

Westcoast996, I did recieve 2k from paypal, and now I owe it back to them. Yes I at least have the shocks back, but do you really think i'm not going to suffer any financial loss on this deal? Come on. I for sure am not going to sell them for 2K now after all of this nonsense. Basically my market for selling them is here and maybe local. If there is something wrong with them, and who knows what Simon did with them for all this time, I'll get significantly lower than 2K for them. If there is something wrong with them, I'm not going to sell them as perfect obvioulsy if I know this fact. I have been trying to contact BEN over at JIC in regards to this, to see what he can do for me. As far as the total financial loss on my part, it is going to be the 2K minus whatever I sell them for and if need be whatever cost their is to repair them to specs. This will be my financial loss and not the 2K which will probably end up being around the same if not more than what Simon has incurred.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:28 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MichaelM
As far as me having an agreement with Simon, you are absolutely right, I DID say I was going to pay him. But after reflecting, I feel that he got what was coming to him.
I have no idea who really did what to whom here, but I like to think that I'd keep my word in a deal, regardless of what the other guy did or didn't do. I've lost money doing that, but retained my self respect.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I definitely hear what you are saying ed, and I have never went back on my word before. I was going to pay him for the shipping initially, but I really did think about it and figured, right or wrong, that he is going to take some financial loss in this situation as well. As far as self respect goes, in this particular situation, I do not feel one ounce of regret for not paying Simon. I probably would have never even seen the shocks had I not agreed to pay for the shipping.

On another note, I'm not really sure how one would abuse a shock in under 1500 miles. Simon says that I tracked them or whatever nonsense that Ben over at JIC told him or he wants to believe, but my car has NEVER even seen a track and that's the truth. Simon also stated that the rear shocks were virtually brand new, and it was only the fronts that needed rebuilding. In any case, i've been trying to contact Ben over at JIC about this over the past few days, and get no response. Is there another number besides the 562-803-6122 number to get a hold of JIC anyone?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Michael - It's ben@jicmagic.com

He could be out because of SEMA
Old 11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Great town...be certain to frequent Java Depot on 101. The owner, Brian Fuller is a Porsche Geek extraordinaire.
I love it here....Pannikin on 101 in Leucadia is a weekend fav and their location in Flower Hill mall has the best cinamon buns I've ever had in my life. I will check out Java Depot however as I can never have enough dosage of coffee and all things Porsche!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MichaelM
Ok I guess I'll speak up again.

Simon, YOU are the one that committed credit card fraud and didn't even bother to tell me about what happened. YOU are the one that didn't respond to emails. Like I said earlier in the thread, WHY would I have wanted grab drinks with you when you were in town AFTER you had already recieved the shocks if i was trying to screw you? Makes a lot of sense right? How else did you expect me to recieve the shocks back unless I agreed to pay you for the shipping? I'm sure you wouldn't have kept them because you're such an honest guy right?

Westcoast996, I did recieve 2k from paypal, and now I owe it back to them. Yes I at least have the shocks back, but do you really think i'm not going to suffer any financial loss on this deal? Come on. I for sure am not going to sell them for 2K now after all of this nonsense. Basically my market for selling them is here and maybe local. If there is something wrong with them, and who knows what Simon did with them for all this time, I'll get significantly lower than 2K for them. If there is something wrong with them, I'm not going to sell them as perfect obvioulsy if I know this fact. I have been trying to contact BEN over at JIC in regards to this, to see what he can do for me. As far as the total financial loss on my part, it is going to be the 2K minus whatever I sell them for and if need be whatever cost their is to repair them to specs. This will be my financial loss and not the 2K which will probably end up being around the same if not more than what Simon has incurred.
Thank you for promptly explaining, it is a difficult circumstance agreed. No doubt the process has been painful but you should also consider that if indeed there is something really wrong, then no matter who would have purchased the setup at $2K they would not have recevied a fair deal and the end result would be the same. Your not out anything if it turns out they were never worth what you thought (to anyone) in their current condition.

Sorry for your both your hassles though.

Quick Reply: WARNING FRAUD!! Response from BoostCrazy....and a resolution.