Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:47 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!

To Everyone,

NEVER do any transactions with Rennlist Member "Boost Crazy" name Simon Arnold from Austrailia. Story ( A little long but worth the reading):

I sold Simon my JIC suspension back in April of this year for $2,000 dollars which was paid thru paypal (and held them for a month prior because he wanted them so bad) and 2 1/2 months later he tells me that he wanted to send them back to me for a full refund. I told him that the shocks were his and that If he had said something to me when he recieved them and not 2 1/2 months after the fact that I would have let him send them back. In any case to make a long story short, July 16th Simon contests to his credit card company that this payment was an "unauthorized payment". Paypal sent me an email about the dispute, but because I didn't respond within 7 days (They had a dead email account which I never check), they say there is nothing they can do for me. So basically I have a negative $2,000 dollar balance which Paypal wants me to pay for. Simon still has the shocks and didn't pay for them and now I'm stuck with this $2,000 dollar bill which i'm NOT going to pay for. I'm filing a complaint with the FBI internet division and am probably going to have to sue Ebay in order to get the credit card information so I can get in touch with his credit card company and let them know that FRAUD was commited. Paypal is going to have to go through collections to try and get paid and i'm wondering, how badly my credit will be affected since i refuse to pay this bill. Moral of the story, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SIMON ARNOLD "BoostCrazy" he is a cheat.

Last edited by MichaelM; 09-22-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yikes.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:01 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to tell you this, but the FBI division will do nothing. I had a fraud against me for over that amount, and had all the info in the subject, and NOTHING happened at all. I repeatedly contacted the FBI, and got no activity at all from them. I had to eat the $2500.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That stinks. sorry to hear your sad story, hope you get it sorted....we are all so used to trusting people on this site!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks!

Scott
Old 09-22-2005, 09:14 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I did a search on all posts from BoostCrazy, not a valid name.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

I really don't expect the FBI to do anything except have a case number for me which probably is a waste of my time. Basically I want to get a hold of the bank for which he made the fraudulent claim and contact them and have them go after him. I need to file suit with ebay (parent of paypal) in order to subpoena the credit card information from them to get the information about what bank he used. Hopefully they will help my resolve this situation and I can get reimbursed. Crossing my fingers!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:17 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Name is " Boost Crazy" there is a space between the name, sorry, updated the post.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:25 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I have seen John D. help out in some instances..... Send him an email with details and ask for help.
He is a busy guy so don't expect a quick return, but he may decide to pitch in.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Michael_Philippi
Racer

MichaelM

Don't expect much, if any, help from Ebay/Paypal. When you register with them, you basically waive 99% of your rights. In fact, think long and hard about filing suit. You may get stuck paying their attorney's fees as well. Print out a copy of the registration agreement you clicked "accept" to and see what it says about your rights and attorney's fees. You would probably be better to file suit against Boost Crazy, and just serve Paypal with the subpoena to get the bank information.

Good Luck
Michael
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I am soooo disappointed with this fouled-up transaction. I have been able to exchange parts freely with Rennlist members without hesitation... simply because they are my Rennlist "brothers" (and "sisters"). Sorry Michael for this messed up deal... I hope Simon Arnold will work something out with you that will make you whole again. Rats, rats, rats. Sorry.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

Hey Michael,

I did a search on Boost Crazy.. As stated you did send him his parts:

Early next week i am going to be in LA (for one day and then San Jose for 4 days) at a conference and have sitting in the garage a set of JIC coilovers (thanks MichaelM!!! ) waiting to be installed when i get back home.

I just wanted to check if i needed anything special to do the install (bushes, bolts etc)??

Any help will be much appreciated!

I am also looking to pick up while im there (1) a SSK (2) stainless brake lines (3) a spare DME relay and (4) maybe a special seat braket so i can install my race seat ...... Any suppliers you guys can reccomend would be GREAT!

-----

Point is, it is clear that he received the parts and even acknowledged it online. I would like to hear a response from Boost Crazy but it would seem, for now, some action via the Rennlist community is in order. Of course I will reserve judgement until we hear both sides of the issue.

-B
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Michael,

I don't want to incure any legal expenses, and i think small claims is the best way to go. All I really want to do is get his bank information so I can advise them of the situation. Most likely i'm going to get screwed and have to pay the $2,000 if I don't want my credit royally F'd. I hate cheats!!
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry to hear...I also would never use Paypal...they're as bad as eBay in problem resolution....

When you get his CC info, contact them and tell them that he has defrauded them. They need to collect the $2K from him.

Last edited by Wreck Me Otter; 09-23-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

My guess is,

he bought them, installed them, liked them...

Then, upgraded something else that didn't work with those coilovers or something broke. Otherwise, he would have said something earlier.

And, if he is purchasing second hand parts, he should know that he has to take responsibility if something breaks, there is no warranty.

It really sounds like you got screwed by this guy... It is apparent this happend months ago, I have followed the posts..

MichaelM, what was his said reason for cancelling the transaction?

Quick Reply: WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!