Sponsored by:

WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 04:06 PM
EThec
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike
This blows. He could have at least sent you back the JIC's after he disputed the claim. What a dic*.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:03 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Michael, sorry to hear about this.

In Sweden, there is a site which is the equivalent of ebay which offers a FREE escrow service. There is no excuse for Ebay not to offer this as it would almost completely eliminate fraud. However, that doesn't help you.

As for alternatives to Paypal, there has been a great need for competition for some time but nothing has come out of it... yet. The only alternative I have used was Moneybookers. Seems to work, but setting up for the first time is not the easiest. (Thanks to Rennlister Dan Sokol for his patience in trying this with me).

As for your particular case, I can put you in touch with an Australian lawyer I know in Melbourne if you contact me offline. He is usually happy to talk something over free of charge in the first instance, but please don't rely on this. You need to get a letter of demand sent out, and failing that register the debt claim at court. Which state is he in?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:20 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oooohhhhh booooost crazyyyy - come out to plaaaaaayyyyyyy!! I will say that I won with Paypal, back in the day, when we had the likes of Pierre running around here. Good luck getting this resolved - it sucks - and Rezal, there's a faster train comin'!!
Old 09-23-2005, 05:24 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Dont we have any Aussie friends (or fiends) that can go pay Boost Crazy a visit????? Surely over a few Fosters tinnies he could be pursuaded to see the light and return the units in the condition he received them???
Old 09-23-2005, 05:30 PM
EThec
Racer

Micheal,
Although Paypal/Ebay won't disclos ethe credit card compnay information to you, have you asked them to contact the credit card company on your behalf and explain the situation, such that he has not returned the goods. As an escrow service i belive they owe you this much.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:59 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Paypal and ebay have both gone downhill as far as I am concerned. I was an early user of both services and have been dismayed at the fee increases and customer service decreases at both companies. The number of people fed up with Ebay is growing exponentially. It won't be long before someone much smarter than me figures out a new way to do business and puts them both out of business.

As everyone has already stated for this person to keep the parts and claim an unauthorized payment is clearly fraud and illegal in any country. I would invest a few dollars in calling the local Constabulary in Australia presenting them all the relevant facts. Maybe you might make some headway!

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 568 Posts

Talk to an attorney. At least get the free assessment and see what your avenues are.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

All I can say is some how I hope Karma provides for a way to even this up.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:08 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

what is really crazy about this is you supposedly sign away your credit card rights when you register it with paypal.... unless that has changed.. I remember a clause saying you only deal with paypal on dispute resolution and NOT your credit card.... I guess it is just words that do not apply...
Old 09-23-2005, 11:10 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paypal is regulated by one of the federal govt agencies. File a complaint with them againsy Paypal as it sound like Paypal may not be following proper dispute procedures by not giving you adequate time to respond to the allegations.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 PM
renn911
Instructor

Midnight C4S - I was just thinking the same thing.

MichaelM - This sucks, I hope it works out for you, but for what it's worth I'm a big believer in 'what goes around, comes around'. He'll get his!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:50 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Aren't there any collection agencies that would collect on a debt for non-payment of merchandise? MichaelM can prove he sent the merchandise but didn't receive payment or return of merchandise. Hey MichaelM, you still have the shipping address?

I really hope this works out for MichaelM.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:39 AM
Super D
Instructor

I never ever sell to anyone outside of the US and only deal with cashier's checks or money orders...and, I don't ship anything until the funds clear both banks on either end. If the buyer doesn't like the terms, we don't do biz. Be careful out there guys. Sorry to hear about this. I came across a few scammers over the last few years, didn't get bitten, but did turn over all info to police in their area and FBI. Who knows, probably all goes onto a stack of unending internet fraud...
Old 09-24-2005, 02:52 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Super D,

How does the buyer know that you will actually ship the stuff? What is his recourse if you don't ship? I'm thinking that unless you do ALL transactions through a reputable escrow company, there is some element of trust involved at either the buying or the selling end. And my experience has been that Rennlisters are the most trustworthy, which is why I am so disappointed in the MichaelM/Boost Crazy transaction.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:38 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

since there is a lot of talk about paypal - has anyone visited http://www.paypalsucks.com

Quick Reply: WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!