Sponsored by:

WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

What makes this whole matter look worse is,

Even if you had not agreed to the refund. If he was going to cancel the transaction with his credit card company, he should have AT LEAST sent you back the parts.
It does not appear that he has done so. So, he took his money back and kept the parts..

Seems like a bag of scum to me.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Trying to understand here:

Originally Posted by MichaelM
Simon still has the shocks and didn't pay for them
Have you received $2000 from him (via Paypal)? Is that the transaction he challenged and reversed?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael,

Very sorry to hear about this, I am very surprise as I've traded emails with Simon in the past when he came through Los Angeles. I was unable to meet with him but I think that Edward went out to LAX and met with him. This doesn't sound like him at all... hope that Simon will contact you and sort this out.

Good Luck.

Simon,

Would you like to comment on this matter, thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:36 PM
mborkow
Drifting

"boost crazy" and paypal both suck
Old 09-22-2005, 11:55 PM
MichaelM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

B-Line: I told him before I sent them to him that they were crazy stiff and that he may not like them. He told me he didn't care. I think he put them on, found out how stiff they really were and then wanted to send them back. No he didn't send them back. I agree, He could have at LEAST contacted me and sent them back. Oh yeah, his reasoning was that it was an unauthorized payment. CROOK!

small: Yes he made his payment through paypal and then disputed it with his credit card company and paypal gave me a -$2,000 balance that they want to collect on because they had to pay the credit card company the $2,000.

Airkuul: I too was supposed to meet up with him when he arrived in L.A. a few months back. He claimed to me that I sold him a product that was not what I described to him. I mean come on man, why would I want to meet up with the guy after he took delivery if that was true, I mean he bought used suspension for crying out loud, which literally only had like 1500 miles on them. He is a CROOK! He didn't even bother to contact me and send the suspension back so I could at least recover what I am going to have to pay paypal.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Surely there must be some Aussie RL'er who can pay this crook a visit, maybe inflict some nightstick rash on him. I'd love to do some local wet work on fraudsters.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Michael -

I am no expert, but I do not think you can just "dispute" a charge with your credit card company. At least, Visa, in my experience. There are only certain things for which they will reverse a charge. I know that one thing is non-delivery. Certainly not the quality of the merchandise. He may have told the credit card company some story that you can prove otherwise. I don't know if Paypal will put you in touch with his credit card company's dispute resolution department, but you might try asking.

I recently had a dispute with a vendor and it took MONTHS to resolve. So I am surprised they were able to reach a determination so quickly. Hope it works out for you. As with the others, I consider a Rennlist brother above reproach and have sent several items before receiving a check. This stinks.

Greg H.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:08 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Michael you should have traded them to me way back then.....Isn't this the same guy who was looking/asking for someone to buy him parts in the US because of some restriction on buying directly from AU?
Old 09-23-2005, 01:42 AM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hi, sorry to hear about your situation, but i have a good advice for you, as far a getting your money back, just forget about it, now first thing you have to do is close the account (bank or credit card) that you provided paypal. they dont have your social, so they will not send it to collections, plus they are already insured . you may get emails from them or even phone calls but thats as far as they will go.
next plan a nice vacation to australia with baseball bat in your luggage , and pay him a visit supranos style. (just kidding)
good luck
peop
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 AM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too have sent items prior to receiving payment... drives my wife (an attorney) nuts. "How can you trust these people... you don't even know them!" Just always "felt" like the right thing to do.

It's a bummer, Michael... if you want to pursue this from a legal angle I can ask my better half if she can suggest someone. Good luck.

BTW, looks like Simon hasn't posted here since June... maybe he just bailed.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does SUX!

I have sent everything I have ever sold on RL before I got payment!...
Old 09-23-2005, 02:03 AM
donsacto
Racer

Boost Crazy RL Profile shows that he's visited the site as of Sept 20. He's still around. I'd like curious to hear his side of the story. Hopefully, this will get straighten out!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:16 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Fill
That does SUX!

I have sent everything I have ever sold on RL before I got payment!...
Well then Phil, when your ready to sell your car, just go ahead and send it down to me Check will be in the mail..
Old 09-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

chris seems to be telling everyone to send their cars to him....hmmmm.......
Old 09-23-2005, 02:24 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If his dispute really was filed as an "unauthorized charge" then IMHO that's fraud and serious sh*t w/ the credit company can happen - and in any case, how can you have an "unauthorized" PayPal payment unless someone hacks into the account?. If you have proof of delivery, the email correspondences between both of you, and the Paypal notification that you received payment and what that payment was for that certainly strengthens the case of him committing fraud not to you, but with the credit card company. Now, if he had instead claimed to PayPal and the credit card company that the goods were defective, etc he might have a stronger case for reversing the charge.

Quick Reply: WARNING!! FRAUD!! RENNLIST MEMBER!!