Sponsored by:

Michael Cain is back! M102TVM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Michael Cain
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
+1........My old 200hp 911SC never lost a single track position to a freakin' Boxter in over 5 years of track racing, and as a matter of fact my favorite race video of me shows me passing three Boxters on the outside of turn 8 at Willow Springs.

Boxters are Chic cars and suck for racing!

I'd love to take this putz on any track in the world, it's not the car that makes the best time, it's the best driver and judging by his replys he doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to Porsches.

Just because one can afford a 993 does not necessarily make one a 993 driver!

ZP44

Your full of wind mate, and those guys driving the Boxsters where the old 986 2.5 litre models. I know that you would not stand a chance against a new Boxster 987S. Not a chance! But I guess in your imagination, your bag of old bolts wins every time. There not that great. Get over it !

and by the way its not "boxter" but "Boxster 987S".
Old 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Does anyone remember the line for "The Sopranos" when Christopher makes comment about "Boxsters"...I can't remember it exactly but I remember laughing my a$$ off.

My wife wants one, she says it looks cute.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Cain
Your full of wind mate, and those guys driving the Boxsters where the old 986 2.5 litre models. I know that you would not stand a chance against a new Boxster 987S. Not a chance! But I guess in your imagination, your bag of old bolts wins every time. There not that great. Get over it !

and by the way its not "boxter" but "Boxster 987S".
Sigh...

If I've told you once, I've told you a dozen times. That should be "You're" and "They're". How are you going to learn if you don't listen!?!

Silly boy... where's my ruler? Someone needs a good thrashing.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
Can I drove your car?
Anytime you want.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM
bpoteat
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Cain
I know that you would not stand a chance against a new Boxster 987S. Not a chance! But I guess in your imagination, your bag of old bolts wins every time. There not that great. Get over it !
Dude here is absolutely correct. That's why you see so many pro drivers in boxsters and caymans and very few in any 911 variants.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Surj,

Nice to hear from you; it's been a while. You missed a good London/SE Rennlisters meet with 23 cars (funnily enough we went down to Brands in the afternoon).

Cheers,

David
Hey David,

I wont be making too many London/SE meets these days - I've moved to San Francisco!!! And I sold my 993. Still have the 996 holed up in london for when I visit tho - but dont hold that agaisnt me!!

I see you've been busy with exhausts and the like - whats the latest?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread reminds me of Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby....

Who cares if there are cars faster than a 993? I don't.

I just enjoy my 993. Others don't? Couldn't care less...
Old 12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
ASH.PALIN
Instructor

Hi Gents

Quite a funny thread.................

DaveM993 the line from the Sopranos was from Ralphy and it was....... "Kid, yer Dad's Boxster, is a Porsha with panties..........."

I have to say that a 987s would **** all over my car, especially with me driving it (my car that is).....I'm not the greatest driver and the 993 is an old car (97) but it's really well built, they don't make them like that any more, not just Porsche, I think a lot of new cars are shine over **** these days sms, dvds, sat nav, things that beep when you get to close to stuff, automatic lights, wipers etc etc.........

The 993 is not for the feint hearted and it sometimes gets on my **** but it's a good old bus and it's got.........character
Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASH.PALIN
Hi Gents

Quite a funny thread.................

DaveM993 the line from the Sopranos was from Ralphy and it was....... "Kid, yer Dad's Boxster, is a Porsha with panties..........."

I have to say that a 987s would **** all over my car, especially with me driving it (my car that is).....I'm not the greatest driver and the 993 is an old car (97) but it's really well built, they don't make them like that any more, not just Porsche, I think a lot of new cars are shine over **** these days sms, dvds, sat nav, things that beep when you get to close to stuff, automatic lights, wipers etc etc.........

The 993 is not for the feint hearted and it sometimes gets on my **** but it's a good old bus and it's got.........character
I think we found the British Ray Calvo ...
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RS
This thread reminds me of Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby....

Who cares if there are cars faster than a 993? I don't.

I just enjoy my 993. Others don't? Couldn't care less...
Well said!

Quick Reply: Michael Cain is back! M102TVM