More Parade Photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Parade Photos

Hershey was great. All of the owners should be thanked for participating. Special thanks need to go to the owners of the great historic cars and Prescott Kelly for organizing the historic display. Over 800 Porsche's in one location was a sight to be seen. Next year Portland and San Diego in 2007.

6am and getting ready

The sound was something special

An Elva Porsche owned by Ray Morgan

Over 560 Porsche's staging for the Porsche Only Parking (+another 280 in the show)

The New Club Sport 997

Required 993 Content - Simply Awesome

Mark Donohue's Car was great to see

Many Early Cars. There were 3 duck tails in a row.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pics Tony! My son and I were there Friday through Sunday. It was truly spectacular!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great pics. It was a nice weekend.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanx
Old 07-04-2005, 12:22 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

We are finally back home!!!!!

Great pictures Tony Pictures are the only way Robert and I can "see" the event since we were STUCK waiting for the judges to decide in our group for over THREE HOURS! Didn't even get to see the entire Historic display let alone the Concours and Car Show.

Whatever.......

HOWEVER..... Something good did come out of the whole mess..... WE SSSSSOLD MAX. Could have sold him three times over after Robert shook the first guys hand (won't even tell you who the second guy was because you wouldn't believe me). Anyway, Max will be going back to California this weekend. He was a really FUN car to have owned, but we are through showing him. Time for someone else to have all the fun from now on.

Hershey is a great place!! Never ever ate so much chocolate in my entire life! What's good is I only gained a pound. That will be easy to lose . (Yeah right )

I somehow "Lost" all of the picture that I had in my camera while downloading them onto my computerjust a few minutes ago. I had a few special shots we took with friends that can not be replaced. I was hoping a few of you may have a couple of picyures of Max at the Concours. If you do, can you please send them to me?
Wow, Someone up there is trying to tellus something. I guess this is a Parade that Robert and I are supposed to forget???

JoAnne

PS: Jastx. It was nice to have spent some time with you and your son

You too Stu
Old 07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Joanne,
Rumor heard around the parade was that Jerry Sienfeld was the second guy? Jerry was at the event on Sunday and was an Honorary judge.

Todd
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Why shouldn't we believe you?

You teaser! Tell us!

Clive.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Talking

Actually I was wrong. Jerry was the THIRD guy. The second guy stuck around all day long, just wanting Robert to sell it to him. How I forgot him I don't know. Maybe because of Jerry???

Jerry is a total Porsche nut just like the rest of us. We've known Jerry for at least 10 years. Robert had built Models for him in the past but it was always more business than just chit chat. But now because of Max, I can see that he is truly a nice and kind hearted normal man that just happend to be a star. Not a star trying to act like a normal man. I still can't believe I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Jerry talking about Porsche's while Robert drove thru a terrible downpour on the way home from Hershey on I-81. I love talking Porsche's and so does he.....

We sold it to the First Buyer in Southern California. We'll miss Max, but we already have a new project in the works.....

JoAnne
Old 07-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

JoAnne,
No Max pictures............... from Hershey that is. I try not to distract people when they are hard at work. Kinda like not talking to the pitcher when he has a no hitter going. I never got to say goodbye to Max.................
T
Old 07-05-2005, 12:28 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

You saw us working hard.
All the judges saw was Pollen on the rear mat and dust from 5,000 pairs of feet in the hood channel.
Had we been the first judged they would not of found that. Nor the gas weeping thru the Webbers. That's the luck of the draw, I guess. We were told that you never win at Parade twice in a row. Guess that's true.
So SEEE.... you could have interuppted us. It didn't matter we were destined to lose anyway

Forget Max!!! You never got to even talk to ME!!!
I'll tell Max goodbye for you

J

Any more pictures? Did you get a picture of Stu's car outside? Isn't that a beautiful Cab???? Many $$$$$$ in that restoration! That was my favorite car in the show. Did you see the yellow 993 RSR?? Barely any miles. BEAUTIFUL! Got a picture of that?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Awesome additional pics and stories. Thanks guys!

Steve R
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joanne, it was great meeting you and Robert. Sorry to hear about "The Pollen Incident!"

Here's a pic for fans of painted wheels...
Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
PS: Jastx. It was nice to have spent some time with you and your son
It was great talking with you and Robert too. Max looked great. I can't believe it but the only picture I have with Max in it is attached. I'm out of town right now -- I have a much higher res image of this at home I'll post when I return.
Attached Images  
Old 07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Sean
Joanne, it was great meeting you and Robert. Sorry to hear about "The Pollen Incident!"

Here's a pic for fans of painted wheels...
The pollen incident was nothing compaired to the "Imbedded Dirt in the Floorboard Paint" incident!!!! Guess the judge had never seen speckled texturized paint before in his life. Same pant got a perfect score last year.

Nice meeting all of you too! Thnaks for posting the pictures since it's the only way we can see what the Concours was really like.

I WANT A TRACTOR (and a 993 ) !!!!!!

John... Nice Shot anyway. The picture shows only half the cars in the Performance Group. The Brumos 934 was the big time controversial car in our Full Class. Also the second 356 from the left was the controversial car in the Touring Class. No one could figure out his mods other than the a few decals and a sway bar. It's a 4 cam that's all....AND HE WON! What a Mess. I hope PCA does something about this Group before next years parade, not that we have to worry about it anymore since we will never do Full Concours again ESPECIALLY within the modified classes!

JoAnne
Old 07-05-2005, 11:34 AM
RJT
Lifetime Member

BTW: I'm not going to talk about the Concours anymore. As they say in the South "I'm shed of it".

Lets see more pics and talk about 993's. Anyone got more pics of the 993's at the show? Anyone get a pic of the Yellow 993 RSR that was in the museum? WOW!!! What a car!!!

JoAnne

Quick Reply: More Parade Photos