Sponsored by:

Ruf R Conversion 4 sale. a STEAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 08:21 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve, I need a TT and you need a cab, lets swap! Really!

I have a local resource for your check strap. $50 and it's like new - easy, quick, painless.

Call me!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:32 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Addison,

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I can call Weisach and ask how you can tell. No rush. I've purchased this car anyway.

Fred,

Yes, I need a cab... must be yellow, have a meter inside, and a sign on the roof. That's all I'm gonna be able to afford. I'd call you... if I knew your number. I have your TT. Where do you want it delivered?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:19 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well at least I can help with your check strap.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi Steve, firstly - CONGRATS !! any Ruf turboR is a dream.

i know i jumped in late, but i cant understand why somebody would sell this car only 12k miles after spending all the money for a TurboR project. And, am i correct that it sold for 45k? That was the real steal.
Was it ever listed at that low price? And, obviously somebody who spent 25-30k on a Ruf conversion would know this car is worth way more than 45k.
just curious.

either way, im really happy for you.
rob
Old 06-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
hi Steve, firstly - CONGRATS !! any Ruf turboR is a dream.

i know i jumped in late, but i cant understand why somebody would sell this car only 12k miles after spending all the money for a TurboR project. And, am i correct that it sold for 45k?
Because the previous owner decided he wanted a 996 TT Cabriolet, and his wife wanted a Cayenne. The Ruf went to the dealer. The dealer didn't realize what they had.

The car was listed on eBay by the dealer for appx. $45k starting price....due to a poor listing, it languished with very few bids! A local car guy was on the ball and bought it cheap. My only regret is that I didn't see it first.

Check out the Birmingham thread for pics and video. The car is legit, and quite a nice find.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
Because the previous owner decided he wanted a 996 TT Cabriolet, and his wife wanted a Cayenne...
OK, even though this is not full blown RUF that was dumbest move I've heard for a while!

Steve, Congrats!

BTW, have you though about putting RUF body pieces to it...
Old 06-14-2005, 12:44 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

The previous owner actually spent over $55k on this car in the past year. Some people are in a nice monetary position, and he simply didn't want to bothered with reselling the car. Nice.

Flying,

The car comes with the Ruf front splitter that got cracked and has been taken off. I want my body shop to see it and see if they can repair it and refit it to the car. If that works out, I suppose I might be tempted at some future point to pick up the rear bumper from Ruf. Oh crap, what am I doing? Talking upgrades already, and I've never even seen the damn thing. I'm an idiot.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:50 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Oh crap, what am I doing? Talking upgrades already, and I've never even seen the damn thing. I'm an idiot.
With a terRUFically wide grin on your face, I'm sure.

Looks wonderful from the pictures and video. /green_envy_monster_mode_off
Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh crap, what am I doing? Talking upgrades already, and I've never even seen the damn thing. I'm an idiot.
Steve, every car can benefit from safety upgrades. I don't recall seeing a "safety" roll bar or cage. With all that HP and torque, you will undoubtedly need "safer" GT3 seats to hold you in. You should also think about a thicker and "safer" RUF steering wheel.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:06 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Addison,

Geeze. You're right. What was I thinking? And lets see... if I drive her back... we'll be going right past Dallas. Isn't there a Ruf facility in Dallas? I mean, hell... its right on the way. What possible harm could there be in stopping by and get their feedback? What possible harm? The diaherria is coming back.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, after you stop by R U F, stop by the drug store and pick up some T U M S! Seriously, it sounds like a GREAT find. The beauty of having Waldo and ? (have you come up with a name yet) at the same time is that you can swap things out between the two. I did that when I had two cars sitting in the garage.

Just be glad it wasn't a black car because I would have outbid you by $1!
Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sean
The Ruf went to the dealer. The dealer didn't realize what they had.

The car was listed on eBay by the dealer for appx. $45k starting price....due to a poor listing, it languished with very few bids! A local car guy was on the ball and bought it cheap. My only regret is that I didn't see it first.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/206182-another-too-good-to-be-true.html

You will note that I'm the only one that actually replyied to this thread last month. I saw the mileage and glanced at the improvements but never thought this car would garner such interest and really did think it a poor example of market value. I don't know as much as some of you long time owners, but isn't this the most unique conversion done by ruf. I know I have certainly learned from this.

I mean, a car converted 12k mile ago w/86k on the clock and $50 large spent. Its all relative to the owner at that time but good lord. Anyway this has been a good read and I hope you share your first driving experience with this car in the future Steve.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:09 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Tom,

I'm the dummy that's really kicking myself... but only in hindsight. That eBay ad was poorly done, and the dealer obviously did not know what they had or how to promote it. Without all the info I've gathered sice, I would still hesitate to bid on this car. The seller that's flipping this car had the advantage in that he was local, knows Porsche's well, and knew this was going to be a winner. Can't take away from him... he was there at the right time and with the properly sized cajones.

And rest assured... you'll all be begging me to stop posting about this car once I get it.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:15 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Tom, I have read the above post twice, and the post in the link to the earlier thread. Maybe I need more coffee (or less) but I have no idea what you are talking about.

OFE, you have the cajones market covered. BTW, I got your fortune in my cookie yesterday, it read "Fortune sides with him who dares." The lucky numbers were 5, 27, 19, 4, 36, 41 you may want to try them.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:42 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...And rest assured... you'll all be begging me to stop posting about this car once I get it.
can't friggin' wait to see & hear about.

for the time being i will live thru old fartus...

Quick Reply: Ruf R Conversion 4 sale. a STEAL