Sponsored by:

Ruf R Conversion 4 sale. a STEAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 04:19 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

I would advise if you can Steve to keep Waldo in the garage till you get Waldo JR there and evaluate first hand the condition. It may be advantageous to migrate some parts from SR to JR...
Old 06-11-2005, 05:47 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the same car?!?!? Too many similarities to be a coincidence. thread/auction link

If so it sold on ebay for 46k less than a month ago. Not trying to rain on anyones's parade...if timing was right for me I would of been all over that car.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:56 PM
mborkow
Drifting

i wonder why it only sold for 46k!? aren't there C4Ss that are selling for that amount (forget about TTs or RUFs)?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:18 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cheetah chrome
Is this the same car?!?!? Too many similarities to be a coincidence. thread/auction link

If so it sold on ebay for 46k less than a month ago. Not trying to rain on anyones's parade...if timing was right for me I would of been all over that car.
This is a bit fishy... Same car?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:27 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that's a little fishy - if the shop selling the car is claiming the RUF guy flew in to do the mods, there seems to be a discrepancy... Either way, I've come across some cars with VERY questionable histories that were still GREAT cars and great deals! Just because the car is being "flipped" for profit doesn't necessarily mean the car is junk. Good luck with your purchase if it goes through, and please post your reviews/pics once you get it home!

Last edited by pcar964; 09-08-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:29 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd say so...same town/same color combo/same mileage/both converted 12k miles ago. Lets face there just arn't that many Ruf cars out there (factory or full conversions).

Don't get me wrong if the car checks out good w/ a PPI + leakdown I still think it's a good buy at 60k. Though I want to kick myself in the *** harder now for not buying it during the auction! I was literally watching the seconds creep down w/ my pointer on the bid button...only thing that kept me from bidding was I'm closing on a house the end of next month.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:19 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Its definitely the same car. That really doesn't worry me; the seller was smart enough to make a nice profit in 2 weeks. I wish I had seen that car in the auction. Oh well... I'm still thrilled... if it comes through.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:50 PM
frisbee54
Racer

Congradulations Steve when do you get your new car? Doug
Old 06-11-2005, 08:09 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Steve. I know you must be excited.

This is a great thread guys. Steve and Stedge have both been real gentlemen.

chuck
Old 06-11-2005, 08:16 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Congrats... hope it all works out.

Saw your other thread asking for someone local to check it out for you in person... don't blame you and I'd gladly do it if I were closer.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 AM
24FPS
Drifting

unbelievable deal... great thread. bol luck fred.

i'm friggin' jealous but hell... it is your color! how could you not? i'd take it as a sign from the big guy in the sky.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 353 Likes on 157 Posts

Gee, I guess Robert and are not the only Lunatics on this board

Congrats Ol' Fartus. A RUF Wow......

Jo and Ro
Old 06-12-2005, 12:58 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am still ill...

There's a sweet RUF for sale on the PCA web site - 30ishk miles, but it is $110k ask. Can't justify that, even to myself. Does have some wonderful mods, and the seller seems like a reasonable guy at first blush. Someone PM'd me about it but I do not have the PM any more, so if you read this, feel free to look at that car. Seriously lovely.

I heard about the $46k sale and asked the seller point blank about it. He said he paid more than that but was making money on the car. According to the seller, the previous owner (the guy who had the conversion done) traded to the local dealer on a turbo cab, and the current seller was there shortly thereafter and bought it outright from the dealer. The seller deals in Pcars on the side, and should know RUF. Hence the price increase on the flip. Still a great deal if it checks out, in my opinion. To hell with the miles, it has a new clutch (GT2), too, and the interior looks good enough. I'd probably put GT3 seats or some other seats, asl ong as I could preserve some access, however difficult, to the back seats..., a new wheel, maybe work on getting rid of some weight, have some fun with it, but still keep it useable and keep the back seats (I need them on occassion). I do not want to screw up my stock and pristine C4S - this car, I was psyched about because I could do exactly that and not sweat it.

I have the document from Ruf, and spoke at length to one of the wrenches at Autobahntech. Looks legit, but as I told the seller, Tim, I would absolutely get a PPI at a location of my choice, and the sale would be dependent on that. No matter what, Steve, do a PPI. That is my 0.02. I would also call or email RUF directly, confirm that they really did this and get info from that source. All this is just basic and expected legwork before you buy a used car for 60 grand, with 100k on the clock.

Anyway, I stopped getting data Sat night when I found it was already sold. I should stop looking at this thread, frankly.

E

Last edited by stedge; 06-13-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:02 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sure looks like it went for 46k now that I looked at that other thread, but who knows?

As an aside, Jean knows I looked at another highly modified Pcar - Todd Knighton at Protomotive had one that was in the process of being rebuilt, had just about the same miles, but wanted $70k for it. I thought that was too much, and could not get them any lower, so passed. I never saw that it sold. Anyone else know? It had an engine close to Jean's, but not quite. Oh, 2wd. Probably would have killed myself in it.

Last edited by stedge; 06-13-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts

Stedge

Do not regret it , any of them. It has happened to me so many times that I am a firm believer in fate when it comes to cars. I am as sick as they come, buy and sell cars from all across the globe without even seeing them first, I am not a dealer nor do I ever loose money on them, from Japan (last week only) to every country in Europe and US, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, etc..there are no barriers nowadays, you need to look and you will find it, be patient. I have missed MANY opportunities and less than one week down the road I get fully convinced that it was not meant to be. I am not saying this to make you feel better, I truly honestly mean it.

The Protomotive one was too much, you were not comfortable, so don't do it, it IS scary, you don't want one. Let it flow, you will find the right one for YOU. Let me know how I can help you if I can.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Ruf R Conversion 4 sale. a STEAL